Return to the Magic- Our Pre Trip Report

I'm following along with your pre-trip report! We're heading over in September 2016 so I'm enjoying seeing what stage of planning other people going at similar times are at. I love that I'm not the only one looking at menus and thinking about dining options when I'm still 409 days out!

I haven't been real good at keeping up with your PTR, I forget to come over here to the UK TR board :worried: Bad American!!

Just ordered my Donald Duck Vans! EXCITED! :D

Those are so cute! I got the Villains Vans. Unfortunately my feet don't like many shoes lol, and the Vans aren't all that comfortable for me. I've worn the m around the house a couple times and will try a couple more, but I'm afraid I'll have to send them back :sad:

We did the Wishes Dessert Party back in 2012 (when it was cheaper!) and weren't all that wowed by it. The desserts were ok, and the view was decent but we'd never had a problem seeing the fireworks from Main St. If the price hadn't been raised I'd tell anyone to try it once; however with the price increase I definitely wouldn't do it and I won't recommend it. If you read the recent reviews (which you probably have) it seems the majority aren't impressed but some still feel it's worth it, especially if they have small children or have had to fight crowds in the past for a good view of Wishes. BUT, I guess when it comes to Disney anything is worth trying once if you really think you'll like it :)

loving your trip report, I must follow, we are going back in may 2016, I'm used to having over a year to plan and save money, now we only have 9 months 6 days!! we booked 2 weeks ago so it seems so very close! We have to pay in full by February, however we believe that we should be able to pay in full by the end of October so there after anything we save will be spending money :D fingers crossed all goes to plan! anyhow I look forward to reading more about your trip, including where you choose to dine!!

we have the DDP for the first time ever :D I am so excited about this as I have only done 1 table service meal at Disney world and that is chef mickeys, we never usually have the extra money to warrant spending it on table service meals so this time for us it'll be a totally different experience for us to enjoy.

We are already deciding where we want to eat, and have so far decided on

Tusker house (lunch)

BOG (dinner)

Germany pavilion (cant spell the name of the restaurant) but we are going for dinner.

garden grill (dinner)

we would also like to use 2 table service credits and do California grill for the fireworks but haven't decided on this one yet

Catching up on Dis Unplugged podcasts, and getting excited about next year! How ridiculous!

Tomorrow, DH and I celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary, and I know that when we celebrate next year, it'll be the day before our trip so we will be having a special meal when we are there to celebrate. I can't believe we're nearly a year out already, and when I look at my ticker, Donald has already moved so far towards our departure day!

Oh, and SkyScanner let me set up a watch on my travel dates! Hooray! Now to continue anxiously awaiting the release of flights!

Happy 5th wedding anniversary! :flower1:

Anything in particular on the podcasts getting you excited?

Don't forget to have a look at flying out of Dublin - this is our preferred for next year, mainly for the pre-immigration! Should be very soon for your flight release?

And tomorrow is your 365 days to go! :goodvibes

Some of the announcements sound amazing!

Especially looking forward to Toy Story Land, Soarin' Around the World and Sunset Kilimanjaro Safari!

I don't think there's a single WDW announcement I wasn't excited about.

Toy Story Land sounds amazing (and from the sketches looks like it's going in behind TSMM, so all new development.

Star Wars Land- I've been a fan of Star Wars since I was about 9, when my step dad showed me the original trilogy on VHS. LOVE the sound of what they are doing both short term and long term with Star Wars in the park.

Soarin' Around the World- WHOO HOO! Needed updating to better quality footage, so fantastic that it is actually happening. Love the idea of it being all around the world. Wonder if the UK will be in there somewhere?! :)

Sunset Safari- YES PLEASE! More Safari fun, very happy.

The Avatar stuff- I know lots of people hate the idea, and whilst I'm not a huge fan of Pandora generally, does the concept of what they are doing sound stunning? YES! Disney have got the perfect visual landscape to play with, and I think it's going to be breathtaking. People won't care what film it's from, they'll just be blown away with how beautiful it is.

Oh, I'm so excited! I can't wait! :D

I don't think there's a single WDW announcement I wasn't excited about.

Toy Story Land sounds amazing (and from the sketches looks like it's going in behind TSMM, so all new development.

Star Wars Land- I've been a fan of Star Wars since I was about 9, when my step dad showed me the original trilogy on VHS. LOVE the sound of what they are doing both short term and long term with Star Wars in the park.

Soarin' Around the World- WHOO HOO! Needed updating to better quality footage, so fantastic that it is actually happening. Love the idea of it being all around the world. Wonder if the UK will be in there somewhere?! :)

Sunset Safari- YES PLEASE! More Safari fun, very happy.

The Avatar stuff- I know lots of people hate the idea, and whilst I'm not a huge fan of Pandora generally, does the concept of what they are doing sound stunning? YES! Disney have got the perfect visual landscape to play with, and I think it's going to be breathtaking. People won't care what film it's from, they'll just be blown away with how beautiful it is.

Oh, I'm so excited! I can't wait! :D

Yes, I read somewhere the track extension to TSMM will include travelling under Andy's bed, and something to do with leading to Toy Story Land. Although there were some comments on that post which said it conflicted with other reports elsewhere. Not sure how it will connect to Toy Story Land? Almost sounds like to get to TS Land, you will have to ride TSMM, which doesn't sound quite right!

I will admit, I have never watched Star Wars or Avatar. That whole genre just never appealed to me. Maybe I will have to start!

Also, the safari will include to new animal additions - hyenas and african wild dogs!

I also love the sound of the Rivers of Light, quite pleased that Animal Kingdom is introducing some evening/night-time experiences.

I love Soarin'. I think we rode it 5 times +!! Agreed, the quality could be improved and maybe some flying over London? Highlands? Looking forward to see what they do with the place.

Looks like we are going at a good time - some of these are due to appear from next spring. Really looking forward to it, as it will come with some new experiences at Universal also when we are there!

Warning: Disney related sadness ahead!

I just had an email from Amazon to tell me that my pre-order of the Unofficial Guide to WDW 2016 would not be arriving on Saturday as promised, but that they are out of stock, and cannot give me a date to expect the arrival... DH is due to go off to an airshow on Saturday (seriously? We live 30 minutes from Shoreham! Why would he want to go to a flipping airshow now of all times?) and I was planning on reading my new Guide Book on Saturday. Boo! :mad::sad1::sad2:

I know, I know... first world problems! :rotfl2:But I only have 354 days to read it!! :rotfl:

Here's hoping it arrives soon!

I haven't pre-ordered it only because I don't think I will get as much use out of it this time round...:confused3

I've ordered mine!
Just booked to stay at Coronado too! Hoping that some of the room refurb will be done, I like the look of Cabanas! :donald:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter