• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Review: Crystal Palace & Sci-Fi

caribear

I love WDW!
We are home from our weekend trip to celebrate DD's 2nd birthday!! Here's a quick review:

Boardwalk Bakery:
Yummy as always. No line at 8:30am and lots of yummy pastries to choose from.

Crystal Palace: Dinner
We have been to Disney many, many times, but have never ventured into the CP until now. We went to celebrate DD's 2nd Birthday as she is a huge fan of Pooh and Friends. The evening was magical!! DD kept pointing out the characters and looking around for them. We were seated within 10 minutes of our Priority Seating time and our waiter was very attentive. Tigger came by our table right after we sat down. Next came Pooh and Eeyore. Our waiter was constantly refilling our drinks and asking which characters we had seen. When we mentioned that Piglet hadn't come by yet (we had only been in the restaurant for 30 minutes at this point), the waiter disappeared for a couple of minutes and then guess what happened??? Piglet showed up with our waiter.....birthday cup cake in hand and sang Happy Birthday to my little girl. They also gave her a card signed by all the characters. Of course she hardly ate her mac'n cheese and pizza because she was too excited looking for all the characters. Tigger and Eeyore came by again later on to give her a birthday hug. For a buffet, we found the meal to be pretty good. My favorite was the pulled pork....very tender and delicious. Every table in the restaurant was occupied, but there were no lines at the buffet. Service was wonderful and the characters were very attentive. We will definitely be going back!!

Sci-Fi: Lunch
We did not have a Priority Seating, as this was a last minute decision to go to MGM. My DH remembered the Sci-Fi as "the place with the huge and yummy hamburgers." We arrived at 1:30pm and had a 10 minute wait for a non-car table. Not a big deal for us as DD was fast asleep and we were just plain hungry! Plus it was so hot outside, we were just glad to eat indoors! We ordered a chocolate milkshake to share and DH and I had the All-American Burger. We waited about 10 minutes for our food to be brought to the table. We did notice a lot of empty cars throughout the restaurant, but they seemed short on the wait staff. Our burgers were delicious! DH likes his burgers rare and I was very surprised when I saw his burger....I swear I heard it Mooooo!! A very yummy lunch!

Pepper Market at CSR: late Dinner
We stayed at the CSR for one night and went to grab a late night snack/dinner. DH and DD had pizza. Pretty good according to DH who likes his pizza loaded with cheese. I had the Penne Pasta with Grilled Chicken. A very large portion of noodles, sauce, chicken and veggies. I hardly made a dent in the dish. It was okay, but nothing to write home about.

Hope you enjoyed my review!!

Tahnks for the reviews. We love CP, and will be trying Sci FI for the first time this trip.

Things sounded great!

Thanks for the great reviews! I'm happy to hear that your daughter's birthday celebration was so wonderful.

I'm glad you enjoyed Sci Fi too. It's one of our favorites, and a must-do every trip! :D

We love Crystal Palace, too! :) We eat there for both breakfast & dinner every trip. I had a great birthday celebration there with Tigger last year - it was something I'll always remember - glad your DD had a great time! :)

Thanks for the great reviews. We've been debating about the Crystal Palace, so maybe we'll try it now.

We, too, love Sci-fi (you'd never know by the photo below). We never miss going and wonder why so many people hate it.

hi all..........
i was wondering........if i decide to make a PS for Sci-fi, do i need to specify i want a car table?? we have never been to Sci-fi and i didn't realize (till now) that there were non-car tables. we definately WANT the car table--that is the whole reason we are going there!! (actually, ds is a very passionate car freak, that's the real reason....) ....but, if we eat there and don't sit in at a car table, it will be the end of the world :sad: .....and i'm not joking!

We have CP and Sci-Fi booked for our trip too! It's our first time at both and are really excited. Reading great reviews like yours is driving me :crazy: My counter is NOT moving fast enough.

Glad everyone has enjoyed my review! We cannot wait to go back to CP in December. Guess I will be up at the crack of dawn to try and make a PS before MVMCP!

Bubbasmom, I know you can wait for a car if you would like one, but I think most people with PS's are put in the cars and then the walk-ins receive the other tables. I think there are about 10 plain tables and the rest are cars.

...i kind of figured that's how it worked. only a few non-car tables? why bother? they shoulda just made all of them car tables!! oh well.......i thank you for your input. i do plan to make a PS for Sci-fi for next year, so i feel pretty good about getting the car table!! thanks again. :wave:

We do Sci=Fi every trip and love it.

CP for breakfast is great too, the characters are wonderful. They gave my 13 year old the "business" for acting too mature for Disney!!

This sounds great. I am planning to book CP for my DS first birthday. I know he will be too young to appreciate it but his DD5 and DS3 won't be. I can't wait. Do you prebook birthday cupcakes or will they do it there and then?
Many thanks,
Claire

Originally posted by dpic
We, too, love Sci-fi (you'd never know by the photo below). We never miss going and wonder why so many people hate it.

People Hate it? I'd never heard anything but raving about it. We're planning to go next month.....has anyone out there "not" liked it?

thanks

Thanks for the great reviews...glad you had such a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter