Reviews 8/18-8/28 part 2 (long)

queenmichelle

Mouseketeer
We had many great meals on out trip. Only a couple not so great and only 1 stinker. The group consists of myself (29 for the for 2nd time)a self proclaimed picky eater, DD (11) also a picky eater but would never admit it and my brother(age omitted to protect the innocent). We stayed 5 nights at POFQ and 5 nights at CR.

Day 4:

Breakfast:We grabbed a quick breakfast before our fastpass for RNRC at Starring Rolls. I had a wonderful cherry danish and choc milk. DD just had apple juice as she was nervous about going on RNRC so her tummy felt "weird":rolleyes: My bro had a turnover and muffin which he loved. DD did say we had to come back for a moon pie however.

Lunch:We had a PS for 50's Prime Time Cafe. We had cousin Dale. He was pretty good but we were on our best behaviour so as not to get in any trouble. DD had a kids portion of pot roast. This was the begining of her eating again. She chowed down on that like she hadn't eaten in days. Then she had the make your own sunday which she said was yummy. I had the devine fried chicken and bro had the meatloaf. Cousin dale took our plates around to show everyone what a clean plate looks like. Then bro and I split the chocolate cake w/raspberry sauce. It was pretty good but I've had better. We also got the cups w/glowing cubes all around. A great meal was had by all!!::yes::

Dinner:Bro called it a night and headed back to his hotel. DD and I were delayed at getting back to park due to some heavy rain. when we got back we did not have too much time before we had to go get seats for Fantasmic! so we headed to our old standby Pizza Planet. Neither one of us was starving after our huge lunch so we split a pepperoni pizza and choc milk. It was good. I've always enjoyed Pizza Planet.

Day 5:

Breakfast:We ate at fountainview . I had a fab choc croissant. DD has the smore cup which she wolfed down while making yummy noises so I assume it was good. Bro had the fruit pastery. It was flakey and fresh and very good. I think I could eat breakfast here everyday.

Lunch:DD and I had PS for Rose and Crown. We had breakfast late because we kept riding Mission:Space and Test Track so DD wanted to share with me. I had iced tea and shared the cottage pie. DD had a coke. The cottage pie was soooooo wonderful. I kept raving about as I ate it. I want to eat here again!! DD thought is was so-so. The meat was seasoned funny according to her.

Dinner:for dinner I planned to eat late at Cantina de San Angel so we could watch Illuminations comfortably with a great view. My plan worked. This place has a awesome view. I never realized how wonderful Illuminations was before I got a little teary eyed. DD had the kids burrito and a coke. I had the combo plate w/iced tea. The food was really good but next time I'll just get the chicken tacos as that was the best part. DD grabbed us a churro to split while we enjoyed the show.

Day 6:

Breakfast:today we switched over to the CR after check in we met my bro at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I had the same server as before Ken B Crazy!! I good but not over the top. We all had the all you can eat skillet. I had OJ to drink dd and bro had shakes which they both thought were delish. the food was very good. DD focused on the waffles and bacon. Bro oinked out on the biscuts and gravy. I had a little bit of everything. This place never dissapoints.

Lunch:DD and I had PS for Tea. I had the darjeeling. DD had choc milk. DD opted to just have pastriesas did I . I had 2 jam tarts and choc covered strawberry and key lime tart. DD had the passion friut mousse swan which I ended up eating(OMG!!!! the best thing I have ever eaten in my life!!!!)and 2 chocalate ganaches(sp?) she loved those. Everthing was wonderful and it was so nice and relaxing . This is my new must do for every time.

Dinner: DD and I had Concourse Steakhouse for this evening. I had Iced tea and the prime rib. DD had a coke and the grilled chicken. The food was pretty good the service was fanatastic. Foe dessert I had the creme brulee and DD had the paint your cookie. She had fun painting it( she loved the icing and kept putting the brush in her mouth Gross!!) Id' never had creme brulee before but I loved it so creamy and delicious.

stay tuned for part 3 coming soon

Thanks for the reviews. It sounds like you had some great meals! :D

I always try to eat at the Cantina de San Angel prior to Illuminations as well (now a tradition for me). Great place to view the fireworks and you're on one end of the World Showcase so it's not too far of a walk to the parking lot when the fireworks is over.

I am really enjoying your reviews, Michelle. Thanks for taking the time to share. Can you tell me what time you went to the cantina, and did you have any trouble finding a seat? I thought I might try that, sometime.

Pat

48 days and counting . . . again!

Thanks for the great reviews Michele, I enjoy reading them.

Originally posted by inky dinky doo
I am really enjoying your reviews, Michelle. Thanks for taking the time to share. Can you tell me what time you went to the cantina, and did you have any trouble finding a seat? I thought I might try that, sometime.

Pat

48 days and counting . . . again!

I don't think I picked a typical day. It had been raing like crazy people were not getting seats for the show untill abround 8:30. I think we got there at 8:00 and had our run of the place.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful reviews. I'll have to try the cottage pie, it sounded wonderful. Would you go back to the concourse?? I think my kids would like the paint your own cookie.

Originally posted by TwingleMum
Thanks for sharing your wonderful reviews. I'll have to try the cottage pie, it sounded wonderful. Would you go back to the concourse?? I think my kids would like the paint your own cookie.

Maybe just for desserts. I loved the creme brulee and DD loved the cookie but the food was just good not fabulous. There are better meals to be had. And do have the cottage pie!!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter