Rider swap changing in preparation for new FP program

I don't buy it, what if you have 3+ kids and 2-3+Adults that can ride a ride? Are they seriously gonna not let 2 kids and one adult ride with the swapping group? I suppose they would just issue a 2nd swap pass to the extra adult or child. Clickbait all the way

I don't buy it, what if you have 3+ kids and 2-3+Adults that can ride a ride? Are they seriously gonna not let 2 kids and one adult ride with the swapping group? I suppose they would just issue a 2nd swap pass to the extra adult or child. Clickbait all the way
Everyone rides except the adult who is going to swap and whatever child can't ride....then when everyone gets off the ride....the adult who sat, now rides with just 1guest.

Wait, did you think the whole group could re-ride? It was previously only 2 additional people plus the original person that waited with the non-riders. Now it is supposedly being reduced to just 1 additional guest.

The delta between existing and “new” policy would be one less rider going with the person who sat out originally. Why would that even be on Disney’s radar to change? They have bigger issues at hand such as hiring enough staff to effectively run the parks and the restaurants.

Wait, did you think the whole group could re-ride? It was previously only 2 additional people plus the original person that waited with the non-riders. Now it is supposedly being reduced to just 1 additional guest.
Nah, hear me out. Say you have 2 adults and 3 kids + your non riding infant. If 1 adult and 1 kid want to ride in the first group, and the 2nd adult and 2nd and 3rd kid want to ride in the second group, I can't realistically see Disney saying too bad, so sad to kid #3. I realize this is a weird dilemma for only larger families and could be gotten around by having the larger group go first or issuing a swap to multiple people in the second party.

Nah, hear me out. Say you have 2 adults and 3 kids + your non riding infant. If 1 adult and 1 kid want to ride in the first group, and the 2nd adult and 2nd and 3rd kid want to ride in the second group, I can't realistically see Disney saying too bad, so sad to kid #3. I realize this is a weird dilemma for only larger families and could be gotten around by having the larger group go first or issuing a swap to multiple people in the second party.
In this scenario wouldn’t they all just ride together?

Ah, your post was a little confusing because you said 2-3+ adults and made it seem like you were suggesting 1 adult and 2 children PLUS the original adult sitting out with the non-rider. I get it, but there is always a line that needs to be crossed. What if you have 4 kids and only 1 can't ride? It's the same situation where 1 is left out.

Where I think this does help is with potentially with ride capacity that only seats in groups of 2. You would not take up a second row of seating for that 3rd person.

I don’t see this as Major News. Also, what is the source. And even if rider swap is changing that doesn’t signal any FP news. For now it looks like click bait

Agreed. Regardless of accurate or not, when you're getting the benefit of FP without having to have a FP, you make concessions on who rides in what group. This is no big deal at all.

The delta between existing and “new” policy would be one less rider going with the person who sat out originally. Why would that even be on Disney’s radar to change? They have bigger issues at hand such as hiring enough staff to effectively run the parks and the restaurants.

To minimize the number of people entering the FP+ line. And in most rides, 2 is MUCH easier to accommodate than 3. The goal of rider swap was never to let multiple people re-ride (even if I used it for that many times).

And why do they want to do decrease the number of people using the FP+ line for free? Because once they start charging people to use the FP+ line, people are going to be angry if they have to wait >10-15 mins.

You know things are bad when this news didn't set the boards ablaze with indignation. There are far too many worse things they're doing that makes this is a big "meh".
It didn't set anything ablaze because it's a website known for being very unreliable posting without a source.

No idea if the referenced article is true, but honestly, why should anyone (child or adult) get to ride a second time? If the individual sitting out with the small child doesn't want to ride alone, then let the family decide who is riding in the first group and which one will wait with the person sitting out to ride with them. If true, my guess is that this, like so many other accommodations Disney has offered, was likely being abused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter