Ripped off by Ibid usa!!!

nuthut

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Warning, Ibid usa ripped me off. Beware they will take your money and not provide the item purchased. I purchased a Sammy Duvals water ski package for $200 and SD would not honor it because Ibid had sold too many of them. It's been two months and no refund yet!

Let the buyer beware.

I bought one also last July---said 1 yr expiration. Had planned to use it next trip when kids get out of school.

When did you try to use yours?

Any additional information would be appreciated.

I tried to schedule to use the certificate on April 2, 2001.

SD would not honor it because Ibid had sold more of them than they had contracted with SD to sell.

I purchased mine in June of last year. Ibid told me to return it and they would refund my money. Well six weeks plus and no refund.

Beware of Ibid usa!!

Thanks for the warning. I've used them and I have two gift certificates. I'm hoping I won't have any problems. Please keep us posted. Is there anyway your credit card company can help?

I'll call tomorrw and see if I am successful in scheduling.

Let's see what happens !!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hope you have better luck than I did. I purchased it with my Discover card in June of last year. It's probably been too long but I will check.

Keep me posted, unctigger.

It's been so long ago. I sure hope I have better luck, my DH has to be dragged kicking and screaming to WDW---does NOT share my love for Mickey---but he goes 'cause he loves me.

He'll look at it as a problem with Disney and I know I'll hear about it forever--along with " lines are too long, too hot, too expensive, etc."

I'd promised DS, DD and nephews they'd get to use the certificate next trip and have talked to DH about it, so there is no way I can get by with just "forgetting" about using it if there is a problem---the whole family will know !!!

Oh well, we'll see.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The fire these little guys are breathing is nothing compared to what I'll breath, if I can't use that certificate!

I called Ibidusa today and they are unable to issue me a credit because I purchased the certificate over six months ago. They do not know when they will issue credit. "Check back next week!"

They have canceled my account so I can not but any more certificate! But I cerntainly do not intend to purchase anything from them anyway.

Buyers beware of ongoing fraud case with Ibid usa!!!

Have you considered sending certified letters to IBID, the waterski company, and your credit card company? Make sure that IBID sees that you have sent copies to these other companies. Is IBID connected with any Better Business Bureau that might also be notified? Could you contact a consumer fraud agency that is out of Orlando? Good Luck! Let us know what happens. Now, I'm scared that my certificate isn't going to be any good. Like you I bought months ago for our summer vacation.

:mad: :mad:

I got tied up in a meeting today and didn't get to try and call till it was too late---got SD voicemail.

They are on my list for first thing in the morning---I'm still steaming just thinking about it.

This was to be a birthday surprise for my nephews. I hardly ever get to see them--my kids only cousins---I was going to surprise them all. Skiing and parasailing !!

I bet my bloodpressure is 2000/1000 !!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Getting real attached to these guys

Dear Nuthut,

What you are describing: a company selling something it does not have and not returning the money, is internet fraud. The FBI has an online web site for internet fraud, and you can report both companies to the FBI for investigation. I have done this before, it is very easy.

I would first, write both companies and reiterate what occurred. Mention that you would hope neither company intends to defraud you. However, if you do not receive a satisfactory resolution in ____ days, you will assume they are willfully intending to keep your money for something they promised but will not provide. In that case, indicate you will forward information to the FBI, online Fraud division, for investigation.

:mad:

Another week has gone by and still no credit has been posted to my credit card.

Watch out, you will be taken too! This Ibidusa company is ripping off consumers. Don't be fooled by their website.

I am very sorry about all the water ski problems...my experience with ibid has been all positive....I have played dozens of rounds of golf, eaten at several restaurants, and stayed at several hotels, all without a hitch.....good luck, I hope things workout for you all...Ted in Iowa

Sorry to hear of your problem with IBID. I'm not sure how big a savings this represented but FYI as a DVC member you do get 15% at WDW's Sammy Duval.

I am SO SORRY to hear this! They were so good about refunding my certificate which I'd bought and then we changed our minds about going to Disney World.

I was RAVING about how great they were! Wish I would have kept all my info and could give you those people's names!

Two more weeks have gone by and more than 10 phone calls later and today the CEO of the company promised me a credit with in a week. Let's see they have had my money for more than a year now!

Let the buyer beware of IBIDUSA!!!

I know this thread is sort of old, but thought I'd update with my resolution.

I had not found time to call and check on the certificate, so right before we left for WDW (end of May/first of June) called and "scheduled" time to use my certificate---no problem--everything seemed fine.

Our first day at WDW I called home to check voicemail and had a message from Sammy Duval. "Please call about schedule". I called and was told "IBid sold more certificates than authorized and could not honor". SD did offer 20% discount, but I didn't have that kind of extra money and was NOT too happy!!

After we returned from WDW, a couple of weeks passed before I was able to give gettting my refund my FULL attention. When I did, I sent an Email to IBid FIRMLY requesting a refund and expressing my disappointment in them and SD. Ruined a surprise for kids, etc, etc.

Thought I was going to have to FIGHT, but imagine my surprise when I received an Email apologizing for the problem and advising the refund (credit to my credit card) would be processed "right away".
Even more of a surprise was the fact that it happened.
I received a refund and verified the credit a few days later.

Perhaps I owe a "thank you" to someone (maybe nuthut) for going the first rounds with IBid and therfore making the process a little easier for me.

Just thought I'd let anyone who may have not received a refund know that I did get mine.

Thanks for updating us. We were at WDW the same time you were. After reading Nuthut's post, I was worried because I bought an IBID certificate for Cafe Tutu. We had no problems at all. I was very pleased with the certificate and restaurant. I had seen the waterskiing advertised and thought about bidding for it, but thankfully I didn't. - Wish I knew what the whole story was. One of the companies needs to take responsibility. Glad you got your money back!

I sure am glad you got a refund unctigger, but it has been another six weeks and I am still waiting. I would caution anyone that bids to be ready to lose their money. Ibidusa has held my money now for over a year. I have called more than thirty times and have gotten every excuse in the book. The ceo of the company (Steve) has told me lies, and does not return phone calls. I certainly won't be bidding on any additional items.

NUTHUT--

These are the names and Email addresses of the folks that replied to my Email requesting a refund. Perhaps they can help---but, if you've been dealing with the CEO who knows.

Steve Robinson" <SRobinson@IBidUSA.com>
Pam Manz" <pmanz@ibidusa.com>

The only thing that I can think that might have helped me get my refund was I still had the "confirmation" of the winning bid in my Email files and replied to IBid using that same Email---no way they could have "denied" it.

Hope all works out for you---I still would rather have had what I paid for---my kids were so disappointed--nephews especially--they go to WDW often, but seldom get to do the "extras". Oh well, I'm thankful I got my money and am saying a prayer for you as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter