Rising Resale Prices

Monetary Policy has flooded the country with printed money at a level never seen...I suspect continued higher prices for the next couple years and Disney is going to price people way out...and just wait till WDW opens up to international travel.

You think prices are climbing high now? 6-12 months is going to be insane.

Deals will pop up from time to time, but my guess is prices won’t really drop much in the short term future (1-3years). I think prices will stop increasing (I think we are seeing it now), but dropping from here I don’t see.
I wonder what will happen with resale prices in 6-7 years or so. We might consider DVC when my little preschoolers get too old to share a bed. We would love to own at Boardwalk, which I know is a 2042 resort, but resale prices seem pretty high. So I wonder if playing the waiting game might be advantageous as some resorts get closer to that 2042 date.

The prices are crazy right now I haven’t even closed on my AKV contract and there’s an identical one on the market for $30 per point more than I paid ($120) right now. There’s few and far between deals to be had right now.

I wonder what will happen with resale prices in 6-7 years or so. We might consider DVC when my little preschoolers get too old to share a bed. We would love to own at Boardwalk, which I know is a 2042 resort, but resale prices seem pretty high. So I wonder if playing the waiting game might be advantageous as some resorts get closer to that 2042 date.

I love BWV or BCV too- I think it really depends on if Disney offers an extension or not! If they do, I would think prices would soar... but eventually BCV and BWV has to start doing down in value on the resale market simply due to the expiration date! I just don't know when that will be. I wish a had a magic ball into the future to see what Disney does with those two properties!

think it really depends on if Disney offers an extension or not!

There’s no way they will offer an extension. OKW was a cluster and still isn’t resolved, and after all that was a failure because so few people paid.

Those legacy charts are the opposite of what Disney wants. They will build a tower, triple the charts, and sell version 2.0.

There’s no way they will offer an extension. OKW was a cluster and still isn’t resolved, and after all that was a failure because so few people paid.

Those legacy charts are the opposite of what Disney wants. They will build a tower, triple the charts, and sell version 2.0.

I think what people need to come to an agreement on is a hybrid.

It will never be OKW extension but they can still offer an "extension". They simply have you sign full new paperwork and it has an effective date of the future grand opening.

Additionally DVC if needed (because of low prices in resale) buy up things in ROFR for dirt cheap and even offer new members the ability to get 1/2/3/4/5 years at BCV 2042 with X number of points. Then in 2042 their points update to whatever they truly bought with the new point charts.

Example buy 175 points which is good enough for a studio in the new BCV and they have some equation that converts that maybe to 135 points at BCV until 2042.

Who knows what will happen I agree they will never just extend the current contracts but I don't think they will wait for expiration to start selling the resorts again.

I think what people need to come to an agreement on is a hybrid.

It will never be OKW extension but they can still offer an "extension". They simply have you sign full new paperwork and it has an effective date of the future grand opening.

Additionally DVC if needed (because of low prices in resale) buy up things in ROFR for dirt cheap and even offer new members the ability to get 1/2/3/4/5 years at BCV 2042 with X number of points. Then in 2042 their points update to whatever they truly bought with the new point charts.

Example buy 175 points which is good enough for a studio in the new BCV and they have some equation that converts that maybe to 135 points at BCV until 2042.

Who knows what will happen I agree they will never just extend the current contracts but I don't think they will wait for expiration to start selling the resorts again.

The only thing is that they can't just add more points to the existing system. So, any new points sold for the "new" BCV in advance, have to also be available as part of the original pool of points.

Now, I do think they can offer current owners a chance to buy in to the new 50 year contract earlier, and the membership simply rolls into the new one, and maybe they give a decent discount. But not sure I would say this is an an extension since it would be a brand new one.

They simply can not extend the ground lease prior to 2042 in any way or we are back into the OKW issue.

Spot on. Even if OKW was not a cluster, Disney wants those 2042 resort point charts raised. When comparing BCV to say BLT of VGF, going by points per night, BCV is a bargain. They could easily resell BCV or BWV with 10 percent more points. Who knows what they will do, I could see some short term reselling - say 15 year contract at BCV with new point chart (but still unlikely). I only think that is a possibility because so many rooms are leaving in 2042 that they might want to say shutter Boardwalk, total refurb, total resell with 50 years, the rotate and redo another 2042 resort, but an outright extension - no way.

The only thing is that they can't just add more points to the existing system. So, any new points sold for the "new" BCV in advance, have to also be available as part of the original pool of points.

Correct but leading up to 2042 the contracts are going to be dirt cheap so there is a chance for Disney to buy back points at lets say $4/point and bundle it in with a 2092 contract. Normally that $4 would be an incentive today while here it could be simply the extra points included.

They simply can not extend the ground lease prior to 2042 in any way or we are back into the OKW issue.

Ya they won't extend anything. They simply will create a new ground lease contract with an execution date of sometime in 2042.

No chance of an extension. Disney is sitting on a location gold mine with BWV/BCV and probably wishes they didn't have to wait so long to tap it. They'll update/refurb the rooms and slap on a point eating chart that'll make Riviera/VGF/Poly look very reasonable. With 18 years left, BLT will become the new great location/best value point chart resort that BWV currently occupies.

The buy back point option is an interesting one. It would bring Disney revenue sooner and I can definitely see current owners signing up who aren't ready to let go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter