Riv Resale - point rental demand

WaltFanRob

Earning My Ears
I am about to pull the trigger on a Riviera resale contract that has some loaded points I won’t be needing. I have rented out my points before from direct contracts without any problem. I was wondering if Riviera Resale points still rent fairly easily considering they can only be used at that resort. Although, with the booking advantage I assume most points are rented and booked at the home resort. Just looking for a little reassurance! Thanks!

Your market pool will be smaller in one way as you will only be able to rent to those wanting RIV.

But, on the other hand, anyone who only has restricted points and wants to stay there, might be interested.

And, renting might afford a cheaper option that cash. The bigger issue I see is that owners snatch up the SV rooms pretty quickly, especially studios so more likely you’d be booking PV for renters.

If renting the points is for the occasional situation, then I’d say not to worry. If you are buying expecting to want to rent some of them regularly, then may not be the best choice.

Rent out confirmed reservations. Look in order of tower studios (even random single nights), studios, and then 1BRs. You may have to discount 1BR+ rooms because of how point heavy they are, but I've had no problem renting out studios on my own at $20-21/pt.

Just wondering. When RIV is no longer new and shiny plus having other new DVC resorts as options for renters, would RIV still have the same draw? There are still 40 years+ left on the contract.

LAX

Just wondering. When RIV is no longer new and shiny plus having other new DVC resorts as options for renters, would RIV still have the same draw? There are still 40 years+ left on the contract.

LAX
It will be interesting to see where is falls in 2042 when bcv and bwv are new and up for sale.

LAX

Yes, I think it will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter