ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would of predicted Bay lake would drop to 100?
LOL
Actually I am going to change my prediction to something more beneficial to me. Beach Club below 100!

On a serious note look at the Boardwalk deals, many of which have dropped below 100. I had to walk away from a fully loaded 270 point one that was 110$/Point.
How many BLT below or at 100 pts? I’ve checked the resale sites and most are $140,$150 and one that’s $130 w no points available until the next ice age 🤪

AaronEuth---$141-$17600-120-BLT-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 0/20, 120/21- sent 5/15

Posting on behalf of my sister (no kids); she probably slightly overpaid considering this is a delayed closing. However, she wanted to exactly match my current contract in resort, points, etc. This guarantees that she can always book and travel with us; as she is a fantastic aunt to my son and wants to go on all his Disney trips. Having everything match means that she knows that whatever I book, she can book and not worry about running low on points. She had been looking for a contract like this for about a month; and decided it was worth skipping the lowball to get exactly what she wanted.

Passed 6/24/20. For those following my posting in this thread....she is less than pleased about my own OKW(E) addon.

How/where did you get $145 For VGF? I tried for a 100 pt offering $155 with some ‘20 Pts. Was told owners expect 92 to 95 % of asking (which was $170).

92% of $170 is $156.40. So A) that broker doesn't know math because that would indicate that a counter for 157 would have been in order or B) both you and the seller ultimately were willing to let this go for a matter of literally $140. I suspect it is the former.

Thats the problem! I am following dates other people have sent and passed. My date is 19th May so it should be sometime soon......

Fingers crossed.
Mine was sent 5/12 still have not heard back yet. Another Sent 5/15 already passed yesterday. Another 5/18 still no reply.
All different brokers.

I know everyone keeps talking about how low everything is going, but thats not been my experience. I initially offered about 20 points lower on a 100 point Aulani contract, figuring it was at least worth trying a lowball, but the seller didn't even bother responding, and was kind of pissed off. The problem was that I wanted the contract, and of course that specific UY, so I wound up "crawling back" with an offer that was still too low, but not insulting. We wound up closing about 5 points below the asking price. I'm happy I got the contract and am of course excited, in spite of the long ROFR wait ahead!

Frankly, I think its still a seller's market. Inventory on some of the larger resale sites seems to be shrinking. Personally, for me, the lowball approach might occasionally work, but more often than not is kind of a waste of time, which only annoys the seller. Perhaps that approach is more effective on larger contracts which typically have a lower point value. I guess you have to be 100% prepared to just walk away if you're looking for some kind of jaw dropping deal, and keep offering until you find a seller who will accept a lowball offer. Thats not easy to do when you're looking for a specific UY and point number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter