ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify, board rules require the posting of links to brokers/businesses if sharing data from their sites and the owners have decided what business can and can’t not be discussed for their own reasons. As moderators, we simply review and make sure those rules are followed.

The point of this thread has always been for fun and geared toward new DVC owners to share their excitement of buying into the club, nothing more.

However, if someone wants to begin a new thread that tracks the actual sales data and posts that…like one poster is doing for VDH… they are more than welcome to do that!
A major component of this thread is the sharing of pricing information through accepted offers in a standardized format. People are constantly mentioning how helpful the information shared here was when submitting offers. I get that the mods are just enforcing the rules, and I'm on board with that, but let's not go so far as to pretend this thread is just celebrating new members. The data matters and it's incredibly helpful compared to other sources that lack sufficient detail and lag the market.

Direct sales data for VDH available through the comptroller site and the resale info shared here are two very different things. The same level of detail is not available for resale contracts through the comptroller site.

The data matters and it's incredibly helpful compared to other sources that lack sufficient detail and lag the market.

I agree, and I would be very interested in participating in a new thread that tracks offers vs listing price, and if they were accepted!

There are a lot of brokers, and each contract is different based upon seller’s mood the day an offer is made, so I don’t see the need to share that.

The point of this thread has always been for fun and geared toward new DVC owners to share their excitement of buying into the club, nothing more.
Yeah, I don't think this statement is correct and I agree with @Galactic Reversal. People use this thread to make decisions that involve tens of thousand of dollars on top of just sharing in the joy of purchasing.

Maybe that's what it was when it started but it has morphed into much more.

Yeah, I don't think this statement is correct and I agree with @Galactic Reversal. People use this thread to make decisions that involve tens of thousand of dollars on top of just sharing in the joy of purchasing.

Agreed, this thread has been very beneficial to me. Both from a financial position, easily saving me several thousand dollars and from a timing / expectation standpoint going through the process.

I agree, and I would be very interested in participating in a new thread that tracks offers vs listing price, and if they were accepted!

There are a lot of brokers, and each contract is different based upon seller’s mood the day an offer is made, so I don’t see the need to share that.
I think many would be happy to participate!!
Also if any fraudulence was found those posters would need to be held accountable. (DisJail lol)

Maybe let me clarify. While people may indeed find great use in the data and try to use it for offers, it is not why it was started or it’s purpose.

The board is a discussion community and the DISboards is not going to monitor and delete posted info for accuracy or put steps in place for that purpose since this is for “fun”.

As I shared, people are more than welcome to start a thread that shared sales data from the OCC website as it won’t have any info that could violate the forums and would be as accurate as it comes for prices.

People can also share whatever information about offers they want but listing IDs are too identifiable to brokers and thus would be a work around to the boards filter.

Decision has been made that this thread is fine as it is and there will be not steps taken to verify the accuracy of data.

Last edited:
Updated- thank you all for not buying too much this week so I can have a Friday evening lol.

Have a great weekend, everyone! I can't believe this quarter is almost up...and not a single contract in Taken!!!
I was thinking the same thing about none of the contracts being taken by ROFR this quarter, but I didn't want to say anything for fear of jinxing it! :)

Thanks again for all your work, pangyal. These quarterly ROFR discussions have a lot of useful data!

A major component of this thread is the sharing of pricing information through accepted offers in a standardized format. People are constantly mentioning how helpful the information shared here was when submitting offers. I get that the mods are just enforcing the rules, and I'm on board with that, but let's not go so far as to pretend this thread is just celebrating new members. The data matters and it's incredibly helpful compared to other sources that lack sufficient detail and lag the market.

Direct sales data for VDH available through the comptroller site and the resale info shared here are two very different things. The same level of detail is not available for resale contracts through the comptroller site.
You can get a good deal of data from the comptroller site, it just requires some work though it certainly does, as you said, lag the market. The negative with it is you cant really see if a contract was stripped, loaded, etc...which should be an important part of the cost, which I believe you do a good job of utilizing on your site when normalizing the data. When looking to add on I did a good deal of work for a few resorts just to see the correlation between what we see here (often some of the best deals) vs the resale market as a whole to get an idea of what might be fair if someone countered. In the end we ended up doing a direct add on since the incentives were too good to pass up but the more information available to people the better and in my opinion that is the main utility of this thread.

I think it’s arguable that the purpose of the ROFR thread is in fact to inform other buyers of what offers are being accepted and what Disney is buying back….and not simply a fun thread for new owners to share their excitement. This thread is referenced in many blogs and articles about DVC resale purchase as a place to look at current pricing, that’s how I found it in the first place.

I mean, the very first post says:

This thread can be an invaluable tool for buyers looking for some help when researching the most up-to-date prices for DVC contracts on the resale market …

I think it’s arguable that the purpose of the ROFR thread is in fact to inform other buyers of what offers are being accepted and what Disney is buying back….and not simply a fun thread for new owners to share their excitement. This thread is referenced in many blogs and articles about DVC resale purchase as a place to look at current pricing, that’s how I found it in the first place.

I mean, the very first post says:

This thread can be an invaluable tool for buyers looking for some help when researching the most up-to-date prices for DVC contracts on the resale market …

I have clarified this already as what I meant by fun. It is fun in the sense that the goal is to celebrate new owners who want to share what they have bought and while, yes, it can be used for getting info on the market, it is not meant to be a thread in which information will be verified for accuracy or that we are going to add things that make "owners" prove what they posted is real.

With that, let's not derail the thread further. I simply wanted to let others know that we will not be taking any steps to add more information than what is here, and that this thread is for informational/fun purposes only.

If people want to question its validity, including brokers, they are free to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter