ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

rjim87---$159-$13953-80-PVB-Aug-0/23, 160/24, 80/25- sent 4/24, passed 5/10

So worried about this after several recent PVB contracts being ROFR'd, but it appears we lucked out! And just in time for the news about the Island Tower this morning!:cool1:

So worried about this after several recent PVB contracts being ROFR'd, but it appears we lucked out! And just in time for the news about the Island Tower this morning!:cool1:
Congrats, personally if I am spending over 150 then I'm just going direct for some direct SAP but still better then some of these ridiculous listings I have seen recently lol
Hope to own there one day soon :-)

This provides me a glimmer of hope for the one I have in ROFR now.

Ok, I need you all to talk me off the ledge. I already have 400 CCV points. I’m just waiting for my sellers to sign for 350 BWV points. It is taking every ounce of restraint I have to not bid on some of the stripped BLT contracts that are out there.

I don’t need it right? This is addonitis. It will pass. Deep cleansing breath.

Ok, I need you all to talk me off the ledge. I already have 400 CCV points. I’m just waiting for my sellers to sign for 350 BWV points. It is taking every ounce of restraint I have to not bid on some of the stripped BLT contracts that are out there.

It’s hard to resist with the prices as they are for BLT. Wait for a nice loaded contract if you’re going to do it though!

P.s. wrong thread to come to if you’re looking for help down from the ledge 😉

1715368142956.png

It’s hard to resist with the prices as they are for BLT. Wait for a nice loaded contract if you’re going to do it though!

P.s. wrong thread to come to if you’re looking for help down from the ledge 😉
I’m a value investor, I’m a Hypocrite to NOT look at BLT.
I almost have to buy it.
And that contract that is waiting on ROFR at 110 has me salivating.
Sigh.

You NEED it 🤣

<In a hushed tone with soft music playing in the background>

It will pass once the BWV points load…. you just have to get there…..

Stripped contracts are not as good as loaded contracts…. you are not missing out on anything….

<In a hushed tone with soft music playing in the background>

It will pass once the BWV points load…. you just have to get there…..

Stripped contracts are not as good as loaded contracts…. you are not missing out on anything….
Talk to me about the stripped vs. unstripped. If I don’t need the points right now, and you can negotiate a lower buy in where they cover the dues, why are the stripped contracts inferior? Honest question, I really don’t know.

Talk to me about the stripped vs. unstripped. If I don’t need the points right now, and you can negotiate a lower buy in where they cover the dues, why are the stripped contracts inferior? Honest question, I really don’t know.
The lower buy in for stripped contracts will never be as low as buying a loaded contract and renting out the additional points.

If you pay $125 for a contract with double 2024 points for example (easily achieved… maybe even with no 2024 dues to pay), you can rent those points for $20pp, effectively taking the cost down to $85pp.

You’re not going to find a stripped contract for $85, or even $105.

The market tends to over value stripped and under value loaded contracts.

For example, I found a triple loaded AKL contract for 100 / point. I rented out all those points (there three years of points avail right away, 1 years worth were banked points expiring in 2.5 months and then the next year had banked points and the current year points). By renting all those points out (through brokers who paid $18/point), my effective cost / point went down to $73. No way that anyone would ever find a deal that good on a stripped contract.

I’m a value investor, I’m a Hypocrite to NOT look at BLT.
I almost have to buy it.
And that contract that is waiting on ROFR at 110 has me salivating.
Sigh.
I like the way you think, but seriously I need someone to explain the appeal of BLT, aside from the obvious proximity to MK. My family is heavily into resort theming, and BLT could not look more mundane to us all. There's a voice in my head that tells me the refurb could change that a little bit, but it just looks like a condo building to me. What am I missing??!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter