• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

I appreciate that, but all of the contact has been with the broker until now. This is the first I've heard of it. In the same way that they disclose if it's an international buyer so notarisation may take longer, it would be nice if they mentioned that when they told me they'd picked this title company!
Buyers should know that they can pick the tile company. You don't have to use the recommended one. I am actually a little annoyed that I picked DVC Title based on all the board recommendations and had no idea about this issue beforehand. I might have chosen differently.

There are a number of things about this process that don't make a great deal of sense, including the fact that the ROFR waiver process that Disney appears to have forced on the brokers and title companies is actually not done in the way that is called for by the official documents. C'est la vie.

Buyers should know that they can pick the tile company. You don't have to use the recommended one. I am actually a little annoyed that I picked DVC Title based on all the board recommendations and had no idea about this issue beforehand. I might have chosen differently.
Exactly. I would definitely have picked differently if I'd known.

Is the need for a 2nd witness actually needed? I have a notary that has handled contracts in the past, but this time, the contract says we need 2 witnesses, so its just been delayed for weeks trying to get a 2nd witness. Why didn't I need them before, or why would I need it now? (actually, now that I'm typing it out, I realize this is the first time I am the seller, so maybe that's the reason, & always been the case?)

Is the need for a 2nd witness actually needed? I have a notary that has handled contracts in the past, but this time, the contract says we need 2 witnesses, so its just been delayed for weeks trying to get a 2nd witness. Why didn't I need them before, or why would I need it now? (actually, now that I'm typing it out, I realize this is the first time I am the seller, so maybe that's the reason, & always been the case?)
I had the same issue and was told it’s part of FL law with a POA or something like that.

We went to the UPS store. The notary can serve as a witness so they just had another employee come over and sign as the 2nd witness.

I think it's required on the deed, and one of the reasons people pick DVC Title's online notary option is because they also provide the witnesses.

I think it's required on the deed, and one of the reasons people pick DVC Title's online notary option is because they also provide the witnesses.
Also going through DVC title and I'm waiting to see when the sellers appointment is. Trying to cram in a Christmas trip and an extra two weeks will throw us in with the horde booking at 7 months. Went in with eyes open that this might be the case due to ROFR or other issues but a built in Notary delay is a huge bummer. Hope they can fix whatever needs fixing for that process to go quicker.

My WDW points are September, the VGC is Feb. But I told myself I shouldn't be mixing VGC points anyway, and I will be more likely to want to use the VGC points in the Summer/Fall time due to weather and my WDW points in Fall/Winter/Spring, so the use year works out well for that
I agree (My VGC is June) & I think that makes a lot of sense, if you're not using WDW points from April - Sept, so VGC is fine to be earlier than WDW UY (Sept/Oct).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter