ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

I had your contract first! Broker called me so I passed on it for the extra 28 points. Apparently seller had multiple 50 pointers.
Nice price, I didn’t even try to negotiate, went in full for the guarantee since the smaller contracts go fast!
All worked out great then! 😍

I hope cures my addonitis for a long while
I don't think it's ever cured lol.

You're just treating it and keeping it at bay haha.
Too true, i'm not sure it ever ends, it just slows down around January when the Dues are due. ;)

And that $200pp contract is already pending sale!
I saw that!! Wow. I wonder if it actually went for $200?
It was for Poly??

It's pretty crazy how much resale prices have fallen. Only 2-3 years ago resale SSR was going for 120-130, AKV was going for 140s and being ROFR'd in the 130s, BLT was hitting 180s. Crazy revenge travel times.
I really think a decent chunk of the decline is due to higher interest rates. Financing $10-40k at 10% is very different than financing it at 5%— it appears a significant chunk of resale buyers are paying on credit. I’m not expecting prices to soar again anytime soon, but we could be in for a surprise if the 10 year treasury yields go back below 2% (which I am not expecting to happen outside of economic Armageddon, which would pull prices in the opposite direction).

Wow, and just 2 yrs ago I sold a stripped SSR contract for $135. Glad I didn't wait, lol
Good timing!

It's pretty crazy how much resale prices have fallen. Only 2-3 years ago resale SSR was going for 120-130, AKV was going for 140s and being ROFR'd in the 130s, BLT was hitting 180s. Crazy revenge travel times.
Agreed, I'm one of the people who bought in that range ~2 years ago for my first SSR contract (paid 126... a little less on an adjusted basis since they paid closing costs). Seeing prices subsequently drop nearly 30% has been hard, had to jump on this one to lower my average cost basis 😅

I really think a decent chunk of the decline is due to higher interest rates. Financing $10-40k at 10% is very different than financing it at 5%— it appears a significant chunk of resale buyers are paying on credit. I’m not expecting prices to soar again anytime soon, but we could be in for a surprise if the 10 year treasury yields go back below 2% (which I am not expecting to happen outside of economic Armageddon, which would pull prices in the opposite direction).
This makes a lot of sense. Interesting to see the difference in price sensitivity to interest rates with DVC vs single family homes. Single family homes seem to just keep rising in price regardless of high interest rates, due to low availability. Of course you can easily substitute one vacation option with another, but there isn’t an easy substitute for a single family home.

Post COVID YOLO pricing….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter