ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Hmmm...it was a Dec UY so I haven't hit the banking deadline yet...maybe I totally misunderstood! Strong possibility.

Transferred points do not usually transfer with a sale…as they are not part of the contract being sold.

So, my guess is that maybe these points were not actually transferred points but points from the contract already banked?

Yes, you can. But again, they don’t transfer with a sale so my guess is that these points were not actually transferred ones.
I see, this is helpful. My question was mostly for @Chili327 since he wants to sell a contract but maybe strip the points a bit for a trip in January 2026 before transferring and figured he might need to bank those transferred points if they’re 2024 UY pts. Wanted to make sure he could do that since I suggested it:)

Actually, I’m curious myself now. If I have an Aug UY, can I transfer my 2024 points even though we’re currently still only in the 2023 UY? Nothing banked or borrowed, just the 2024 points.

Last edited:
You can not borrow transferred points and you can’t transfer banked or borrowed points.
I see, this is helpful. My question was mostly for @Chili327 since he wants to sell a contract but maybe strip the points a bit for a trip in January 2026 before transferring and figured he might need to bank those transferred points if they’re 2024 UY pts. Wanted to make sure he could do that since I suggested it:)

Actually, I’m curious myself now. If I have an Aug UY, can I transfer my 2024 points even though we’re currently still only in the 2023 UY? Nothing banked or borrows, just the 2024 points.
Yep, good to know!

Actually, I’m curious myself now. If I have an Aug UY, can I transfer my 2024 points even though we’re currently still only in the 2023 UY? Nothing banked or borrowed, just the 2024 points.
I’m curious about this also… can I arrange a transfer or of say Dec 2023 points into a 24 Sept UY next month and then bank them? Would they become Dec 2024 points at that point? 🤔

I’m curious about this also… can I arrange a transfer or of say Dec 2023 points into a 24 Sept UY next month and then bank them? Would they become Dec 2024 points at that point? 🤔

When you transfer points, they retain their own UY, so if you want to move Dec 2023 UY points from your Dec UY, to a Sept UY, it will be considered your 2023 2023 UY.

Once transferred, they are still Dec 2023 UY points, valid for all the same date,s but just now sit in your Sept UY membership.

They can be banked, and then will be eligible for trips in your Dec 2024 UY.

When you transfer points, they retain their own UY, so if you want to move Dec 2023 UY points from your Dec UY, to a Sept UY, it will be considered your 2023 2023 UY.

Once transferred, they are still Dec 2023 UY points, valid for all the same date,s but just now sit in your Sept UY membership.

They can be banked, and then will be eligible for trips in your Dec 2024 UY.
Sorry I should have been clearer but I think you answered my question anyway— the banking deadline is governed by the points’ original contract year, not the banking deadline of the UY they are moved to, if I understood you correctly.

Mostly I’m wondering if I can do a transfer of points that have less than 7m left on the UY and then bank them so they are more useful in the next year.

I really shouldn't be buying any more lol! Also I'm waiting to see what happens with Poly direct but BLT prices really are tempting. I wish there was an indication which way they were going to go with the refurb. We love heavily themed like Poly, BC, BW, AK so that would make a big difference. Ah to have unlimited funds!
They will probably do a retro 70's theme with shag rugs and lava lamps.............

I definitely am planning to use, but I'm not sure about the points, i think they would be coming from 2025, in which case they would be good to go for Jan 2026 (or technically Oct 2025 thru Feb 2026 is my vacation window)
If they are in 2026, can i borrow them first then transfer? (or even bank if 2024 points?)

You can transfer points to your other UY and then sell the contract.

Points can be banked once transferred but can’t be transferred once banked or borrowed. Transferred points keep their original UY and home resort priority.

Sorry I should have been clearer but I think you answered my question anyway— the banking deadline is governed by the points’ original contract year, not the banking deadline of the UY they are moved to, if I understood you correctly.

Mostly I’m wondering if I can do a transfer of points that have less than 7m left on the UY and then bank them so they are more useful in the next year.

Yes. All rules, except borrowing, work the same way when transferred since the retain same resort and UY!

I’ll bet that’s how the brokers and title agents feel about the “is it done yet” emails from buyers…..
Imagine how many more contracts they'd sell if the total wait was only a few weeks before the points showed up in your account. People would go even more nuts adding on than they already do here :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter