ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a 0% gain for someone coming on here and lying. What would be the point?
There's no prize for best deal. There's no secret kickbacks to lowering the price (if anything brokers would want it to be higher I would assume). There's literally no reason to lie about what price you pay for a DVC contract to small group of other people buying DVC contracts.

I've found this board to be very accurate. In making offers for both the contracts I've bought, I've used the numbers here as a place to start my bidding and it has served me well. 🤷‍♀️ I would have absolutely overpaid if I hadn't been reading here. Hell, I probably wouldn't have even realized I could offer less than asking price. 🤣 I've posted both my contracts here to help others as they have helped me. Take it or leave it I guess.
Well said

Ha! :) But I wouldn’t categorize a fair deal as one that I felt I had overpaid.
In proper negotiations, we often say a fair deal is where the seller thinks they sold too low, and the buyer thinks they bought too high.

And I'll admit I paid a hair above "market" for my Grand Floridian, even watching the market go down, I was never looking for the bottom, just a number that felt "comfortable" for what I want to do with it. The annual fees are going to be there either way, so are travel and theme park tickets, etc. so the upfront is not even the Big number.

In proper negotiations, we often say a fair deal is where the seller thinks they sold too low, and the buyer thinks they bought too high.

And I'll admit I paid a hair above "market" for my Grand Floridian, even watching the market go down, I was never looking for the bottom, just a number that felt "comfortable" for what I want to do with it. The annual fees are going to be there either way, so are travel and theme park tickets, etc. so the upfront is not even the Big number.
Speaking of vgf, two of them on Fidelity for $138.

The lowest VGF on Fidelity (which has an Admin fee, so be sure to add that to the points cost) is a 200 point Feb - stripped, with no points until 2024 at $150/point? And I think Fidelity is closed on weekends, so it's hard to imagine two contracts sold in 6 minutes on a Sunday lol.

Seeing everyone’s ROFR returned quickly on this thread recently has me hoping we get an answer within 21 days and can close quickly.

Ok, I haven’t posted in a bit as my contract closed on 2/10, but I still haven’t heard from DVC about my account. No email. No regular mail. I emailed the broker last week who didn’t reply (very unprofessional in my opinion, like you got your commission so now you’re done with me??) I emailed the title company and they said it can take up to 30 days. Today is day 23. I really want to book my summer trip! Does anyone have experience with this when you are brand new to dvc and don’t have an account already established? Thanks!

Ok, I haven’t posted in a bit as my contract closed on 2/10, but I still haven’t heard from DVC about my account. No email. No regular mail. I emailed the broker last week who didn’t reply (very unprofessional in my opinion, like you got your commission so now you’re done with me??) I emailed the title company and they said it can take up to 30 days. Today is day 23. I really want to book my summer trip! Does anyone have experience with this when you are brand new to dvc and don’t have an account already established? Thanks!
Have you checked the closing thread? It’ll give an idea what people’s current wait time is. I usually post there though after my points are loaded into my membership.

I think my next contract I will require Mason to be the title company. They appear to have a much quicker turn around.
I was fortunate to get Cammy for my first contract when I was a noob. Since then I’ve requested Mason for all my resale contracts and I’ve only encountered 1 broker who refused to let me choose my escrow company. It wasn’t for Aulani so it was a red flag for me, especially if I’m paying closing cost. The broker actually warned me how it’s not okay to be so speedy. I have addonitis and went through this way too many times now and Mason hasn’t failed me yet. Marcelo is pretty speedy too.

All good points! I’ve gotten some pretty good deals on some contracts, a steal every once in a while, and other deals, like you, that represented a number with which I was comfortable. But, you’re right, none of that reps the Big number, which many times can make whatever savings are accrued upfront minuscule in comparison.

All good points! I’ve gotten some pretty good deals on some contracts, a steal every once in a while, and other deals, like you, that represented a number with which I was comfortable. But, you’re right, none of that reps the Big number, which many times can make whatever savings are accrued upfront minuscule in comparison.
It’s also important to remember the DVC market is always changing. A good deal one day, may seem expensive the next and an OK deal may seem cheap years later.

It’s also important to remember the DVC market is always changing. A good deal one day, may seem expensive the next and an OK deal may seem cheap years later.
And the unique factor to DVC...we are also looking at a market that can immediately balloon back to 2021 prices if the ROFR monster awakens from her slumber. Supply is a little up, demand a little down, but that is absolutely the major contributor to the current prices.

What an odd number of points! It would drive me batty!!
I've got 28 and 39 point contracts. They're very OCD friendly 😂

Here's the kicker.. Despite that, I have 2 UYs, and one is exactly double the points of the other (for now).

What an odd number of points! It would drive me batty!!
My Grand Floridian was an odd number too - I see that being a negative if I planned to resell - but did not take me long to realize it was a very practical number with a little safety margin built in. If DVC would sell me a miniscule number of points, I'd probably round up, as it does still bother my OCD ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter