ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still feel like 2BR availability isn't horrible at 7 months although definitely harder than 1BRs but they aren't as actively stalked like a studio
Interestingly, the opposite is true at VGC. I think because of the crazy high points chart. I don't think I'd ever book a 2BR there, even after my kids get bigger. the 1BRs are plenty big at VGC, with an extra full bathroom. But I can see how other 1BRs can feel a bit crowded with bigger families.

The Seller and I compromised - Seller was apparently not told what deposit was offered, and I had requested a different (non affiliated with brokerage and cheaper) escrow, so the offer had to be negotiated again, and contracts rewritten and signed again. A delay i attributed to the salesperson who seemed to presume I would sign whatever I was sent? Delayed things, but still going forward.
I just received the documents to sign for a contract with the same resale broker and noticed the same clause and admin fee. So, just to understand, the clause where buyer pays commission in case of default wasn’t negotiable? And what about the admin fees? Hard stay I’m guessing?

Once an offer has been submitted, how long should one give the seller/broker to respond before it's acceptable to put another offer in for something else?
My opinion 24 hours is more than adequate… Fidelity is extremely slow FYI…. One reason I won’t deal with them.

My opinion 24 hours is more than adequate… Fidelity is extremely slow FYI…. One reason I won’t deal with them.
Fidelity is really slow. On the other hand, the fidelity contracts are priced at literally thousands of dollars less than the ridiculously overpriced www.dvcresalemarket.com contracts, so it's worth having to wait a few days to hear back about offers and deal with the occasional paperwork mistakes in my opinion.

Fidelity is really slow. On the other hand, the fidelity contracts are priced at literally thousands of dollars less than the ridiculously overpriced www.dvcresalemarket.com contracts, so it's worth having to wait a few days to hear back about offers and deal with the occasional paperwork mistakes in my opinion.
I put in my first DVC offer through Fidelity last week. I put the offer in on Wednesday, offer was accepted about 30 minutes later and paperwork was signed by all parties later that evening. Deposit was pulled the following day and by Friday my offer was sent to ROFR. So my first experience with them (so far) has been great. I’m new so I don’t know what usually expectations are, but so far, so good!

my fastest resale experience has been through Fidelity, at 60 days total from offer made to points loaded into my account. Others, including the board sponsor took 90+ days. I agree about the price disparity. Sellers use dvcresalemarket. Buyers use Fidelity. At some point, something's gotta give.

I put in my first DVC offer through Fidelity last week. I put the offer in on Wednesday, offer was accepted about 30 minutes later and paperwork was signed by all parties later that evening. Deposit was pulled the following day and by Friday my offer was sent to ROFR. So my first experience with them (so far) has been great. I’m new so I don’t know what usually expectations are, but so far, so good!
I was going to say that I put in 4 offers with 4 different companies. One of them was fidelity, I offered at 12 am, I received a call at 10 am (on a Saturday) before any of the other companies reached out. Perhaps it might be because it was an offer on an HHI contract that had been sitting awhile, but who knows.

elenex---$90-$4360-39-OKW(E)-Feb-0/22, 47/23, 39/24, 39/25- sent 2/10

Gotta strike while the ROFR monster sleeps amirite? 🙂

There were a bunch of contracts the other day on fidelity from the same seller, congrats to everyone else who got one too! Poor Bonnie had a DAY.
We were fortunate to be one of those lucky few as well. Ours was sent today. Hoping your right about the ROFR monster.

So in this buyer’s market, are more people buying sleep-around points or where they want to stay? I already have a where I want to stay contract. We’re debating on another where I want to stay contract or just buy sleep around points so we can get more. Any advice from those of you with multiple contracts?

So in this buyer’s market, are more people buying sleep-around points or where they want to stay? I already have a where I want to stay contract. We’re debating on another where I want to stay contract or just buy sleep around points so we can get more. Any advice from those of you with multiple contracts?
I like 1 bedroom units, so it’s all SAP for me.

I'm a buy where I want to stay gal. Of course it helps that our favorite resort is CCV and that 2042 point chart combined with a 2068 contract length and reasonable dues is hard to beat for us - especially with it's resale prices dropping. I know we could buy cheaper points, but at the end of the day I don't want to get stuck somewhere I really don't want to stay. It's worth the price difference for us knowing that we can book CCV at 11 months and be sitting at Territory Lounge, drink in hand prepared by either Mike or Brandy, on our next trip :flower: .

I just received the documents to sign for a contract with the same resale broker and noticed the same clause and admin fee. So, just to understand, the clause where buyer pays commission in case of default wasn’t negotiable? And what about the admin fees? Hard stay I’m guessing?
I've heard of people getting the Seller to pay the admin fee - in theory Anything in the offer is negotiable (except ROFR rights). I have also heard of a number of people who cancelled within the 10 days and switched to other contracts. Were those tough terms (or missing terms regarding what happens if points are missing) a motivator, who knows? I know for a fact if I had two nearly identical contracts to choose from, I'd be picking by the admin fees and any odd/helpful contract terms. These are Not personal/individual homes, so 100 points at X resort and X use year is pretty much identical to another points deed other than those very first points (with the exception of the ones with an extension, subsidized dues, or set week, of course).

Buy where you want to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter