ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this lol. I've been counting every day.

I wonder if it is an electronic file that is sent in the moment they tell you it is sent. Or is it some paper file that gets sent through the mail.

And if it is electronic, how many do they do a day? Or do they just do whatever many from 2 weeks ago. So could be one day or 10 a day.

Not that any of this matters...but I just would love to know the process lol. Obviously what they buy back vs what they don't nobody can explain.
They inform your broker electronically, and your broker should email you that same day.

We submitted the same day……. These days have felt like weeks 🤣🤣🤣
This is resale contract #7 for us, so we've been down the road often enough now. Plus, we really don't need the points (still have 96 available in our 2023 February UY, and have all of our trips booked for the year, even December). If this clears ROFR, we'll use or rent the 22 points the seller had banked from 2022, and roll the 40 from this year into next with the 96 we're already sitting on.

badeacon---$92-$15871-150-BRV@WL-Jun-0/22, 300/23, 150/24- sent 1/27, passed 2/16

Have not heard from Fidelity.com but received and have returned closing documents from Mason(Cammie)
I'm waiting on my 1/24 OKW. Also using Mason- maybe I will also just get closing docs? *fingers crossed*

It's a 2042 with seller paying closing...so I don't want to wake the beast.

Nope, just out of the blue.

There's discussion on the Member Services board. The most surprising comment to me is the number of members who don’t get emails about Moonlight Magic or Tron previews or other fun stuff but did get this one.
I’m in the UK, we don’t get any of the fun emails… get the dues ones though 🤣

Since this isn't anything I've looked at doing, I'm curious - was there any advance notice of the change, or was this a poof overnight thing? It may only be $3PP but it's still a 16% increase. Would be nice if my pay would increase that much, magically overnight 😂

Just came today and is effective today.

So basically don't keep looking for similar contracts to what I bought because it will just make me cry, got it! But at least we're a little closer to booking our trips... (gotta find the silver lining somewhere!)
If the Whole Goal was to save money, you would either not go to Disney, or simply stay in a less expensive, non-Disney hotel. If your Goal is to go and enjoy Disney, and do it from a DVC onsite Resort - knowing you'll be able to do that for years to come, there is value in getting it Closed, and your vacation Booked. As they say - don't look back, you're not goin' that way ... ;)

(P.S. we all look - 'cause somebody somewhere got a better deal - we just try to remember the long term goal)

As to the One-Time-Use increase from $19 to $22 per point, I'm not surprised, Disney wants Direct Buyers to know there is a backup plan if they need more points for a trip, but the goal is for Buyers to buy LOTS of points going in. If you understand the OTU points cannot be used until 7 months out (losing the early booking advantage of your Home Resort), they are less attractive, but honestly, I doubt most Buyers (Direct OR Resale) understand them that well.

Last edited:
As to the One-Time-Use increase from $19 to $22 per point, I'm not surprised, Disney wants Direct Buyers to know there is a backup plan if they need more points for a trip, but the goal is for Buyers to buy LOTS of points going in. If you understand the OTU points cannot be used until 7 months out (losing the early booking advantage of your Home Resort), they are less attractive, but honestly, I doubt most Direct Buyers understand them that well.
Correct and they were only started in 2016 to help owners who were short a few points when making trips 7 months or less in advance. IIRC, its set at 24 because 25 was the minimum you can add on a contract so they kept it below that to encourage add ons.

We have never used them because we always felt borrowing made more sense, but if someone needs just a few, it can be easy way to get them without it being too expensive. And, finding someone to transfer you just a few points, with the one in and out transfer rule, isn't easy, so it can be a pretty inexpensive option if you don't need them regularly.

Pure chaos .. I need advice..
I am the buyer through Fidelity.
Contract 2023/200, 2024/100 and so on i pay closing costs 102.00 per point
Well.. signed contract... sent to ROFR...Disney says that contract has been sold already?!!
Seller gave incorrect information and now they have another contract with more points and obviously want more money. The seller is older and agreed (hasnt signed new contract yet) that she would do the same price for bigger contract.... and her daughter came over and said not so fast...
So waiting for a month signed original contract to find out the seller gave wrong information on previous sold contract.
Is there anything i can do or hold her to or just walk away...

Last edited:
congrats!! that was a fast ROFR! we just submitted for 60 points at BWV for $140, so your pass is giving me more hope! maybe we'll see ya there :)
It was! i was expecting around Monday next week to hear based on the timing of other ROFR's in this thread. It was a pleasant surprise this morning to see :-)

Well.. signed contact... sent to ROFR...Disney says that contract has been sold already?!!
Seller gave incorrect information and now they have another contract with more points and obvoiously want more money. The seller is older and agreed (hasnt signed new contract yet) that she would do the same price for bigger contract.... and her daughter came over and said not so fast...
So waiting for a month signed original contract to find out the seller gave wrong information on previous sold contract.

There is nothing to walk away from, the deal you made didn’t exist and it just waisted a lot of your time and provided additional stress.

You can engage in a new deal if you want, but don’t feel that you need to try and salvage anything.

Also, you now know the risk of additional inaccuracies or delays because of the other part you are dealing with.

Well.. signed contract... sent to ROFR...Disney says that contract has been sold already?!!
Seller gave incorrect information and now they have another contract with more points and obviously want more money. The seller is older and agreed (hasnt signed new contract yet) that she would do the same price for bigger contract.... and her daughter came over and said not so fast...
I’d move on….this is such a buyers market…. Why go through the hassle….

We need the points, so I wasn’t able to get what I wanted, but it’s a decent price at least. Emailed the broker yesterday to ask if he thought it would be worth it—he called and they didn’t even negotiate. Hoping we pass quickly!

maryrachel713---$90-$15814-150-AUL-Mar-0/22, 150/23, 150/24- sent 2/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter