ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told it could take 6 weeks. With the holidays and that week they took off to send out the dues statements, I figured 6 weeks would be lucky.
To close or for ROFR? We were told ROFR was running about 2 weeks on 12/22 but holidays and such....then another 4 weeks to close.

edited to add: our contract states we’ll close on or before 2/1/21

To close or for ROFR? We were told ROFR was running about 2 weeks on 12/22 but holidays and such....then another 4 weeks to close.

edited to add: our contract states we’ll close on or before 2/1/21
ROFR. I reached out to the title company on the December 30th and they were still waiting to hear back from DVC.

That's a really good deal if it passes
With 300 points of dues already paid for and the price, I would think DVC would consider this a prime contract to ROFR. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but DVC has taken higher cost per point than this. No one knows why they take certain contracts and not others. I hope they pass on it.

Last edited:
So sorry. I have one sent to ROFR on 12/19 - same price/resort - and I still haven't heard anything.

What was the banked point situation on your contract?

I'm beginning to think that Disney will be implementing FROR on fairly priced contracts with heavily banked points vs letting them go in the past. When you think about it....with all the heavy loaded contracts due to COVID-19, Disney is not only getting points on the cheap and resell them at a significant profit but they are taking a massive amount of points out of the system in 21/22 . This actually helps existing members and Disney with availability given the nightmare of a situation that is COVID and loaded contracts. Heck, Disney might want to move those rooms from DVC point inventory to Disney cash inventory.

I can also see Disney not wanting people like me to get in essence a "free stay" (due to the banked points) with a retail value in the thousands. They probably figure that someone that is buying a loaded contract already has their mind made to go to Disney in the next 12 months...so if I'm Disney...I'm thinking....let me take these points, resell them at a massive profit, eliminate from the system the banked points and force the buyer to go fetch me another good deal...or pay a higher price....and maybe even cash.

It's working...because I already told my family that we were well on our way to become DVC members. Daughters were stoked, and now they're sad. I feel now obligated to get us to Disney somehow someway within the next 12 months, but don't want to pay cash / rent anymore. I'm even pondering buying 125 direct....which Disney would LOVE as their "evil" plan worked to perfection.

I'm now scouting for international sellers in hope that Disney stays away from those.

I'm even trying to convince myself to buy Riviera....just can't pull the trigger given immediate devaluation and resale restrictions. CCV really expensive right now...and the availability issue scares me.

Aug UY with 337 for 2020 and 220 for 2021 and beyond. I just had a 270 pt BWV contract taken - it only had 122 points for 2021, but it was priced at $110 pp.

I had 2 BLT contracts taken and I now have one in ROFR that's $5 pp cheaper, but it's an international seller, so hoping Disney doesn't want it.

I'm beginning to think that Disney will be implementing FROR on fairly priced contracts with heavily banked points vs letting them go in the past. When you think about it....with all the heavy loaded contracts due to COVID-19, Disney is not only getting points on the cheap and resell them at a significant profit but they are taking a massive amount of points out of the system in 21/22 . This actually helps existing members and Disney with availability given the nightmare of a situation that is COVID and loaded contracts. Heck, Disney might want to move those rooms from DVC point inventory to Disney cash inventory.

I can also see Disney not wanting people like me to get in essence a "free stay" (due to the banked points) with a retail value in the thousands. They probably figure that someone that is buying a loaded contract already has their mind made to go to Disney in the next 12 months...so if I'm Disney...I'm thinking....let me take these points, resell them at a massive profit, eliminate from the system the banked points and force the buyer to go fetch me another good deal...or pay a higher price....and maybe even cash.

It's working...because I already told my family that we were well on our way to become DVC members. Daughters were stoked, and now they're sad. I feel now obligated to get us to Disney somehow someway within the next 12 months, but don't want to pay cash / rent anymore. I'm even pondering buying 125 direct....which Disney would LOVE as their "evil" plan worked to perfection.

I'm now scouting for international sellers in hope that Disney stays away from those.

I'm even trying to convince myself to buy Riviera....just can't pull the trigger given immediate devaluation and resale restrictions. CCV really expensive right now...and the availability issue scares me.

It’s a shame, that’s a good price you had. You gotta think, Disney is going to flip that for $210 direct. That’s almost 100%. Plus you're right about loaded contracts. There’s plenty of them out there. The end game is clear. Get everyone to buy direct. It’s going to take awhile but that’s where DVC is headed. Disney makes nothing if contracts bounce around on the resale market. Yes it’s an “evil” plan.

Aug UY with 337 for 2020 and 220 for 2021 and beyond. I just had a 270 pt BWV contract taken - it only had 122 points for 2021, but it was priced at $110 pp.

I had 2 BLT contracts taken and I now have one in ROFR that's $5 pp cheaper, but it's an international seller, so hoping Disney doesn't want it.
I have purchased from an international seller in the past just make sure the title company holds the firpta tax in escrow. My sellers had applied for an exemption but the US gov denied it so about a year later I got the bill for the tax instead. Luckily the title company was able to get the sellers to pay it, otherwise I would have been stuck with the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter