ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone! Disboard newbie but longtime reader. First - a big "thank you" to all who share their knowledge and experience here. It is beyond helpful. We are owners at SSR since 2014. With our first grandchild arriving soon and loving F&W as our favorite time to vacation, we have realized that another contract is in order and BCV is our priority. BUT I have noticed that just in the past couple of months of reading ROFR threads that point price has risen significantly. Difficult to find/bid on anything under $130. Is this happening at all resorts? Higher prices here to stay? 3rd quarter bump? As litte as 2 months ago it seems contracts were significantly lower. I'm not in a hurry and don't want to jump in at a bubble but my feeling is that maybe these new prices are here to stay. I realize nobody has a crystal ball but there is a ton of experience here - what say you? ;0
I am no expert, but in a similar boat as you (interest in BCV). We don't have any points yet, but have been considering for a while. Prices seem awfully high right now, but we concluded that there really is only one direction for them to go, especially because of Disney's ROFR. There are several aspects to the ROFR, but I believe one of them is it protects DVC prices to an extent. I tried getting a "deal" on BCV, but concluded that if I got too good of a deal it would be snatched away anyway, so best to just jump in at the prevailing market rates at what I considered to be a fair deal. In my view, those prevailing rates aren't going to slide much, if at all. However, they also aren't going to get too close to DVD's direct prices, because then people will buy direct.. and of course, DVD will raise their direct prices.

I could be completely wrong, and again I don't pretend to be an expert on any of this. But long story short, I don't see a backslide unless there's a deep, long recession. Hence our decision to jump in.

It has been a quiet little stretch on this board! We submitted on 7/20 and are waiting to hear but it seems like no one has heard back who submitted later than 7/12. Feels like we are all waiting for the other shoe to drop!

That's one department in the entire well oiled corporate machine of Disney that has no KPI's and definitely no incentives for efficiency. Most likely a dreaded post for career minded CMs hoping for promotions.

In military equivalent, I imagine the ROFR department would be like being posted at a small base on the Canadian border.:rolleyes2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter