ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey DVC, SQUIRREL!!!!

perchy---$118-$3575-25-OKW-Aug-0/20, 25/21, 25/22, 25/23-seller pays MF '21- sent 9/23

Is it normal that the seller would cover the dues for '21 points at this point in the year, since it's already essentially paid?

This would be my first contract ever.

Hey DVC, SQUIRREL!!!!

perchy---$118-$3575-25-OKW-Aug-0/20, 25/21, 25/22, 25/23-seller pays MF '21- sent 9/23

Is it normal that the seller would cover the dues for '21 points at this point in the year, since it's already essentially paid?

This would be my first contract ever.

Yes, I think you find it very typical since MFs are based on calendar year and not UY.

I know for all the contracts I have sold, especially in the fall, I never asked for the dues back.

do you find that they do it on certain days of the week?
Hi there! So it's overall random (of course) - however - we seem to notice that we get notified of the results more towards the end of the week overall (Thursdays & Fridays) - but again...random as we've been notified on Tuesdays, etc....but it seems to be more common for us to hear towards the end of the week!

There is…the closing date of the contract.
"The closing date is on or before 10/11/2021 or within 30 days of the estoppel. You can only cancel and receive full refund of deposit if seller doesn’t return the final documents within 30 days of the estoppel. "
There is no remedy. They could take a year for the ROFR and another one for estoppel and I am stuck. Sadly, I found a bette contract while waiting.

Yes, I think you find it very typical since MFs are based on calendar year and not UY.

I know for all the contracts I have sold, especially in the fall, I never asked for the dues back.

That’s different than what I was told. My broker states no one really wants to pay for points they didn’t use so instead of negotiating for seller paying MF for 2021, she asked I subtract the cost from the price per points instead. To me that makes sense so that makes you a generous seller.

"The closing date is on or before 10/11/2021 or within 30 days of the estoppel. You can only cancel and receive full refund of deposit if seller doesn’t return the final documents within 30 days of the estoppel. "
There is no remedy. They could take a year for the ROFR and another one for estoppel and I am stuck. Sadly, I found a bette contract while waiting.

I hope you hear soon. I agree with others and most likely Disney will waive your contract. Also luckily they’re issuing estoppel at same time as waiver so hopefully things will move faster once you hear the news.

Hi there! So it's overall random (of course) - however - we seem to notice that we get notified of the results more towards the end of the week overall (Thursdays & Fridays) - but again...random as we've been notified on Tuesdays, etc....but it seems to be more common for us to hear towards the end of the week!
Thanks for the response! That’s interesting since today (Thursday) has been quiet! Here’s to hoping they want to knock a bunch out tomorrow 😃

Thanks for the response! That’s interesting since today (Thursday) has been quiet! Here’s to hoping they want to knock a bunch out tomorrow 😃
I personally had a few that I had to share the news today that did NOT pass (never fun!) - so hopefully there will be better news coming soon for the rest :)

Is that new language regarding estoppel? It is not part of the POS so that is an addition made by the broker. However, I believe I have read there is some law that requires estoppel to be issued within a certain number of days…see link below.

IMO, that just adds another negative to resale. All of my contracts did not include that…it just included the closing date. So, as a buyer, I had a firm date to cancel the contract.

ETA: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...e&URL=0700-0799/0720/Sections/0720.30851.html

Man I really overestimated the amount of patience I have 😅 ROFR is not for me
Wait until you gotta deal with closing! Going on two weeks and seller hasn't returned closing docs yet, broker says they submitted them yesterday, so we'll see. Then the wait for membership/account creation...We're going direct for our next purchase--already planning on adding some points immediately once the our membership number is created, primarily because we want some RIV points.

Wait until you gotta deal with closing! Going on two weeks and seller hasn't returned closing docs yet, broker says they submitted them yesterday, so we'll see. Then the wait for membership/account creation...We're going direct for our next purchase--already planning on adding some points immediately once the our membership number is created, primarily because we want some RIV points.

Man that would drive me crazy!!

Man I really overestimated the amount of patience I have 😅 ROFR is not for me
I tried to make it through a 5 month delayed closing and just couldn't do it. Made it from May through August, but the proposition of waiting 2 more months, just for the deal to close before all the back end stuff with Disney even started (account set up, loading, etc.) wasn't worth the $1,600 deposit I lost. And THAT was assuming the deal actually closed on time. Went direct and was done and dusted with points in my account in an hour.

And THAT was when ROFR was taking 21-22 days.

Funny how Riviera is love or hate. I think it’s beautiful. I would like Riv too. But I need an Aulani kind of deal.

I tried to make it through a 5 month delayed closing and just couldn't do it. Made it from May through August, but the proposition of waiting 2 more months, just for the deal to close before all the back end stuff with Disney even started (account set up, loading, etc.) wasn't worth the $1,600 deposit I lost. And THAT was assuming the deal actually closed on time. Went direct and was done and dusted with points in my account in an hour.

And THAT was when ROFR was taking 21-22 days.

Whoa. Next time you consider resale, I will happily take your non-refundable deposit before you go direct…

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter