ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just met two families staying at CCV who just bought direct at $240pp while on their trip. I asked if RIV was being pushed by the guide and why they didn't consider RIV or GFV. RIV was absolutely being sold as "best value for dollar" with incentives but they passed on RIV because of location. GFV was not their vibe. Went with CCV for full price because they love the theme and location. I asked about RIV restrictions... they didn't care about them but did say their guide disclosed it which I thought was surprising. Good on that guide for being transparent.

Interesting how people view DVC! But to @Sandisw point... restrictions don't always matter to many buyers. Met another family at MNSSHP last night and they bought RIV after a tour. Fell in love with the resort and also had no concerns about resale restrictions.

It's amazing the conversations that find you when wearing a DVC backpack.
I don’t think many direct buyers who buy after a tour are looking at the purchase objectively or even remotely considering an exit strategy. My latest contract, the sellers financed at 188/pt paid it off this year and selling it after using 2 years worth of points for two-thirds of what they paid for (presumably less once you factor in financing, broker commission).

Even looking at page 1 of this thread and last quarter's ROFR thread, it's all over the place unless it's an international seller. Last quarter's AKL Taken list is a slaughterhouse.
My AKL was taken last month. Fortunately I had found an international seller contract as a backup. Pulled the trigger on it the same day the first was taken.

Only problem with international sellers is the extra time waiting for notary and FIRPTA.

No,still will retain membership and also adding 100 more CCV ,if the seller would sign the documents. 2 weeks since passed ROFR. Just really rearranging some points to fit our plans better and the $30 over what bought for 2 years ago is nice.
Sounds good - - I'm sometimes tempted to part with some of my SSR points, but only if I could parlay that transaction to gain some more BCV points. I think I will ultimately cave in and add BCV to our existing total, but am still hoping for a slight price reduction in BCV on the resale market. Glad to hear your 1K Club status is still in tact! :)

I don’t think many direct buyers who buy after a tour are looking at the purchase objectively or even remotely considering an exit strategy. My latest contract, the sellers financed at 188/pt paid it off this year and selling it after using 2 years worth of points for two-thirds of what they paid for (presumably less once you factor in financing, broker commission).

Everyone doesn’t go in expecting or care about how they will get out if it. And I think that is okay.

Of course, some finance and may end up having to sell sooner rather than later because something happens, and take a loss. But chances are, if your sellers had to sell that fast, they most likely had more important issues going on that forced them to sell.

But what is says is that people buying direct go for the resort they want or what is the best option for them, and that could include RIV with restrictions

Finally got a chance to post...

mgeologist---$116-$18587-150-BRV@WL-Mar-0/21, 0/22, 150/23- sent 7/18, passed 8/16. Closed 8/29 and deed recorded 8/31

mgeologist---$163-$27173-160-BLT-Mar-0/21, 0/22, 160/23- sent 7/44, taken 8/18

mgeologist---$115-$24373-200-BRV@WL-Mar-0/21, 0/22, 200/23- sent 8/24 -- because why not try for another one without even getting the first contract operational....

2 contracts

kalag---$160-$26370-160-BLT-Dec-0/20, 0/21, 240/22, 160/23-seller pays MF '22- sent 7/29

kalag---$160-$26370-160-BLT-Dec-0/20, 0/21, 248/22, 160/23-seller pays MF '22- sent 7/29

Maiden voyage trying to buy DVC, I fear fodder for ROFR but we shall see I guess!
Updates to the above - both the above were cancelled 8/3.

Initiated 8/4 and passed today 8/31:

kalag---$160-$50194-300-PVB-Dec-111/20, 268/21, 300/22, 300/23-seller pays 1/2 MF- sent 8/4, passed 8/31

Sounds good - - I'm sometimes tempted to part with some of my SSR points, but only if I could parlay that transaction to gain some more BCV points. I think I will ultimately cave in and add BCV to our existing total, but am still hoping for a slight price reduction in BCV on the resale market. Glad to hear your 1K Club status is still in tact! :)
Like you, i keep looking at BCV to add some to mine but not at current prices.

MICKIMINI---$127-$7312-50-OKW(E)-Oct-2/21, 89/22, 50/23- sent 8/3

PASSED!! I can't believe it!

I tried to buy a OKWE listed at $120/100 points fully loaded, but (as I anticipated) it turned into a bidding war...which irritates me to no end. But we did win one from the crazy ROFR lady LOL!

pixiedust:
This will have me checking my email all day! I sent one for OKW on 8/3 as well.

My AKL was taken last month. Fortunately I had found an international seller contract as a backup. Pulled the trigger on it the same day the first was taken.

Only problem with international sellers is the extra time waiting for notary and FIRPTA.
How much extra time? Our rep told us international will actually go quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter