Rogers the Musical coming to DCA this summer!! **Edit: Opens 6/30**

The sad part I can assure you is cheap looking costumes are not often actually cheap in a professional production 😂

And it's not a Disney markup either 🙃

Oh, I get that. I am sure that the "intentionally cheap" look isn't actually cheap to achieve. Hawkeye was a pretty well-done production overall. The thing Is, the show is made out to be "bad" so I'm not really sure why people would actually want to see it.

Oh, I get that. I am sure that the "intentionally cheap" look isn't actually cheap to achieve. Hawkeye was a pretty well-done production overall. The thing Is, the show is made out to be "bad" so I'm not really sure why people would actually want to see it.

Honestly? I'm excited. But live theatre is my career and this is the kind of show I would love to work on. The ridiculous shows are so much fun for people like me.

I'm working on such a serious show right now (I'm actually typing this from the cat walk right now 😂) that this new musical sounds like so much fun.

They officially updated the DisneyAuditions casting call for Rogers the Musical. 2 is clearly Peggy and 5 is clearly Steve, but who are 3 and 4? I’m thinking it could either be Howard Stark and a young Steve or Tony Stark and Peter Parker (depending on if they stay in WWII or if they jump from WWII to the modern day).0CBCD016-6D6D-454B-87FB-B74FEF984787.jpeg

When you take a movie and make a successful musical on it you can see why some movies like Grease and Hairspray are easily made into musicals because of the movie's success and to see how a musical show will do well while some musicals based on movies fail due to poor promotion on Broadway. Marvel comics are somewhat of a challenge to make a musical play out of. As we learned from the Broadway musical Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark you can see why the musical failed because it simply wasn't easy to make a Spider-Man play and it had problems from the show's premiere in New York. With Rogers The Musical coming to DCA I think it will only last four months then will close and another show will be put in place of it. The only reason I see why DCA chose Rogers The Musical for the Hyperion Theater was so they could have a Marvel themed play and to boost it's popularity into a real musical show from the fictional version seen in Hawkeye. Because if you remember in the first episode of Hawkeye when Clint/Hawkeye is watching Rogers The Musical Clint is so bored with the play that he ends up falling asleep playing with his hearing aid and they leave in the middle of the play. So I think this is a poor choice and they should've chosen another Marvel hero to make a play out of like Black Panther or Thor or even a Wandavision play could've worked well

Excited to see how they translate Steve Rogerts: Capt America arc into 30minutes.

As folk said, Disney has something for everyone. Marvel speaks a significant large segment that's relatively new to the Disney umbrella -- and a growing one of the young generation and young adult. -- older traditional Disney certainly were rooting for Hercules based on the early cast calling -- which would be a significantly smaller niche comparatively.

They actually enlisted real composers, choreographed and broadway cast for the full musical number that was purposely campy for the purpose of the Hawkeye arc.

I interpret Hawkeye's disinterest more-so the issues he is going through as a the reluctant 'hero' vs his point-of-view that he's a weapon, a tool for purpose of spying/destruction which Kate Bishop (Hailee Steinfeld) successfully turns him to realize that he's also inspirational. while the public clearly is interested in the show in the MCU.

This is a superb opportunity to highlight the MCU universe to catchup an entire Disney population to current day Marvel -- and sell a lot of merchandise at the same time.

I can watch this all day :)

They officially updated the DisneyAuditions casting call for Rogers the Musical. 2 is clearly Peggy and 5 is clearly Steve, but who are 3 and 4? I’m thinking it could either be Howard Stark and a young Steve or Tony Stark and Peter Parker (depending on if they stay in WWII or if they jump from WWII to the modern day).View attachment 741986

Given the types that they are casting for, I think it is likely that while they are doing a show called "Rogers: The Musical" it is going to be a retelling of the Captain America story with possibly a bit from the show in Hawkeye at the end.

#2 is likely Peggy Carter
#3 is possibly young Steve
#4 might be both Howard and Tony Stark?
#5 is almost certainly Captain America

Here's my take: I'm so glad something is going into that theatre.
With that being said, I can't stand Marvel. So I won't be partaking in this show. But again, glad something is going there.

Since it has Peggy Carter (young), I'm going to go with
#4 as Howard Stark

I'm still trying to figure out who #3 will be for that time period, but I'm leaning towards a young Steve Rogers trying to get into the military.

I guess I will toss my hat in the “excited” ring. I always find the plays/musicals that are just live-action recreations of the movie to be… really boring. Was never a real fan of Aladdin or Frozen.

This is something different with its own, new music. Excited to see something that is more exclusively done for the parks.

I guess I will toss my hat in the “excited” ring. I always find the plays/musicals that are just live-action recreations of the movie to be… really boring. Was never a real fan of Aladdin or Frozen.

This is something different with its own, new music. Excited to see something that is more exclusively done for the parks.

Aladdin was great because the Genie got to ad-lib and refresh the jokes, talk about current things and such. The Frozen show was more of a straight recreation, which is why I acutually like the sing-along version at Hollywood Studios better. In that, the "Royal Storytellers" get to riff a bit, and it's fun because it can be different every time.

The "new music" might be a selling point for some DL visitors. Unlike "Aladdin" and other previous Hyperion shows, this one will have at least one world-premiere song.

We know the main song they'll be using, and someone did mention a possible song from a Marvel movie, but I figure that Marc Shaiman will have to write at least one more to stretch this to 20-30 minutes. Plus, I don't think you can create even a one-act musical around only two songs.

Last edited:
So will there be other leading roles? Who/what are the Greek chorus women in the audition info? I'm always disappointed when the leads are predominantly male. But I'm the mother of 4 daughters...

Since it has Peggy Carter (young), I'm going to go with
#4 as Howard Stark

I'm still trying to figure out who #3 will be for that time period, but I'm leaning towards a young Steve Rogers trying to get into the military.
The more I think about it being a young Steve, the more I wonder if they would touch on Steve coping with his mom dying, and him be left alone in the world (only having Bucky).

As for the Bucky theory, the only reason I would not agree is that it's someone who is supposed to be younger than Steve. So, I don't see that happening, unless they have one of the chorus briefly playing Young Steve and getting to see his friend go off into the military without him (which could lead to a split stage number where Bucky is writing home to Steve and telling him about his adventures in the Army while Steve sits around waiting to see if he'll get the change to join the experiment program, which could then also depict the evolution of Steve a la the rating doors in Frozen the Musical).

I really hope they include Star-Spangled Man with a Plan and have Steve punch Hitler (I don't think anyone would be offended by that).

So will there be other leading roles? Who/what are the Greek chorus women in the audition info? I'm always disappointed when the leads are predominantly male. But I'm the mother of 4 daughters...
Peggy is a strong female lead, so I'm happy that the folks in charge of the MCU keep finding ways to bring her back. The Greek Chorus will probably be used as the main chorus girls if they do a USO tour number, and to move the story along quickly without showing stuff happening (narrators in song form).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter