Rogers the Musical coming to DCA this summer!! **Edit: Opens 6/30**

That's too bad, but I can't imagine they went to the trouble of writing all those new songs and mounting a production just for a single two-month run. Maybe you can book a DVC room for next summer and cross your fingers! 😁
I guess I should add on some points for the Villas at Disneyland Hotel then!

It's been so many years since I've been at the Hyperion I can't even remember what it looks like inside lol. The last show I saw there was Aladin, and we were way in the back. Does anyone have tips about which sections/ seats to try for or avoid? Are all the seats first come first served, or do you get a seat assignment with your VQ?

It's been so many years since I've been at the Hyperion I can't even remember what it looks like inside lol. The last show I saw there was Aladin, and we were way in the back. Does anyone have tips about which sections/ seats to try for or avoid? Are all the seats first come first served, or do you get a seat assignment with your VQ?
I don't get the idea of the Hyperion , it is like half of the building is missing, like it is unfinished.

Any chance it will be extended? Did they say why it is a limited run?
I guess if demand is there it's possible, but with September they generally use that outside area as a treat trail for Oogie Boogie, but who knows, maybe there's a new show coming also? I have no intel but it's possible

Any chance it will be extended? Did they say why it is a limited run?

I've seen some speculation in articles that they will bring it back at times when there is not other stuff going on (Halloween in the fall and then into Christmas, etc.)

I don't get the idea of the Hyperion , it is like half of the building is missing, like it is unfinished.

The vast majority of Broadway theatres are only fancy on the facade. The rest of the building either abuts other buildings or opens onto an alley in most cases.

Bah... I hate that it will end in Aug... I am not coming till Jan half marathon... I wish by limited release they mean like half a year. They gives enough time for people to.come see it. 2 months is just soo short.
True- but if the show isn't being built to fully use theater (like Aladdin and Froze did) than it makes sense.... so far it comes across as a basic play with limited effects, and temporary run only.

Look forward to reviews soon.

Bah... I hate that it will end in Aug... I am not coming till Jan half marathon... I wish by limited release they mean like half a year. They gives enough time for people to.come see it. 2 months is just soo short.

I'll be there during the small window it's running, but it's apparently dark the entire week I'm there according to the schedule :rotfl:🫠

Agreed that it would be nice if it was running a bit longer

I'll be there during the small window it's running, but it's apparently dark the entire week I'm there according to the schedule :rotfl:🫠

Agreed that it would be nice if it was running a bit longer
Where do you see the schedule? Whenever I go to look at hours and such the calendar doesn't go far enough into August for my trip.

eta: When I go in to check off experiences in My Genie Day just for prep, it shows ALL the entertainment including World of Color ONE "closed" at DCA that day, yet I have a World of Color ONE dessert party booked for that day. So I think they are not putting the entertainment times in until the actual park hours are released.

Last edited:
Where do you see the schedule? Whenever I go to look at hours and such the calendar doesn't go far enough into August for my trip.

eta: When I go in to check off experiences in My Genie Day just for prep, it shows ALL the entertainment including World of Color ONE "closed" at DCA that day, yet I have a World of Color ONE dessert party booked for that day. So I think they are not putting the entertainment times in until the actual park hours are released.
They don't update the entertainment calendar until like 3 weeks before the actual date.

They don't update the entertainment calendar until like 3 weeks before the actual date.

It's on the website version of the hours and daily events calendar. They have show times listed for Rogers through August 5 currently. Park hours are currently listed through August 9.

So that's about 5.5 weeks out for the schedule for Rogers currently being listed. Not 3.

ETA: The show is currently showing a pattern of being dark regularly on Sundays and Mondays and will be dark Thursday, July 13 to Saturday, July 15 in addition to the regular dark days Sunday, July 16 and Monday July 17. Maybe it could change, but anyone going during those dates should plan on not getting to see it.

Last edited:
The vast majority of Broadway theatres are only fancy on the facade. The rest of the building either abuts other buildings or opens onto an alley in most cases.

Yes, not to mention the idea is for it to be an illusion from the outside - a bit of Hollywood magic, like you're getting to see the inner workings. It's purposeful and I like it. I do wish they would keep the show around - having anything in that theater is better than nothing!

SOOOOOO excited!!! Though...some Broadway sites have a clip with the "Hulk you know the magic word is..." bit and be prepared for a British-sounding Hulk. He says it with an ah rather than an a like apple sound.

First show (Q and A was cut off because of a fire alarm)
That looks fun. :-) I didn't watch the whole thing but noticed that it was nearly 35 minutes, which is a decent length. I think there was speculation about it only being 20 minutes before Disney announced that there would be seven songs.

I guess there are too many Avengers to have them all there? I don't know much about the MCU, but I didn't see Doctor Strange in the big ensemble piece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter