• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rome pre-ABD Italy Trip

I just got back from the Italy tour with ABD. We arrived two days early and stayed at the Gran Melia. I decided to book the 2 extra days with the hotel directly and saved quite a bit of money. We were still met at the Rome airport by ABD and taken to our hotel. We decided that we wanted to see the Amalfi Coast. We were recommended the tour company SIMPLY AMALFI by someone on DISBOARDS. We took a train from Rome to Naples (in the morning). Our driver and tour guide for the day met us at the train station. You could plan your day or have them plan it for you. We saw all the highlights of the Amalfi Coast (Positano, Ravello etc). We had time to shop, eat and explore the area. He then took us to the Naples train station and walked us back in showing us exactly where to get the train. It was beautiful and we loved it. We still had time to explore Rome our first day there and the morning ABD tour started, if you wanted extra time in Rome.

If you have any questions, please let me know!!

I just got back from the Italy tour with ABD. We arrived two days early and stayed at the Gran Melia. I decided to book the 2 extra days with the hotel directly and saved quite a bit of money. We were still met at the Rome airport by ABD and taken to our hotel. We decided that we wanted to see the Amalfi Coast. We were recommended the tour company SIMPLY AMALFI by someone on DISBOARDS. We took a train from Rome to Naples (in the morning). Our driver and tour guide for the day met us at the train station. You could plan your day or have them plan it for you. We saw all the highlights of the Amalfi Coast (Positano, Ravello etc). We had time to shop, eat and explore the area. He then took us to the Naples train station and walked us back in showing us exactly where to get the train. It was beautiful and we loved it. We still had time to explore Rome our first day there and the morning ABD tour started, if you wanted extra time in Rome.

If you have any questions, please let me know!!
Sounds like a good option that avoids hotel switches.
For a day trip, I think you'd need to choose Pompeii OR Amalfi Coast.
Too much for one day. If you want to see both spend a night (or 2) down there.

Maybe stay first night in Rome. Train to Sorrento (stopping at Pompeii on the way down) Hotel in Sorrento.
Have the tour driver pick you up at the hotel (take your overnight bag with you) and drop you at the Naples station when finished

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter