• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room on Skyliner for Riviera Guests?

JackJack55

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

My apologies if this has been discussed on a previous thread, as I can't find the answer as I look through the message board.

I am very close to purchasing at Riviera, but I'm hesitant because I can't find out what the Riviera boarding plan will be for the gondola system at max capacity.

For example, in the mornings at park opening times, it is almost guaranteed that every gondola on the way to Epcot will be filled starting at the Caribbean Beach station. If you're staying at Riviera, will there be a long line of guests just waiting for the occasional group to get off at Riviera?

Does anyone know if the CB and IG stations will send off empty gondolas so guests can board at Riviera?

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. The Skyliner station at the Riviera sounds like a great benefit, but if you can't board it because the gondolas are filled, then it just turns into an empty selling point.

I would prefer to buy now instead of waiting until the resort opens because the incentives are decent.

Thanks!

This was supposed to be in the Disney Transportation thread. Does anyone know how I can switch it over?

I think a moderator has to move it.

I'm not sure about the switching sites. DIS did some pretty extensive video yesterday I think. ( On youtube )

There will be some probably manual system in place to have a share of empty gondolas arriving at Riviera station.

Some data gathering, from observation of waiting guests, will be needed to come up with a formula.

The formula will not be relying solely on guests getting off at Riviera, which number of guests could be expected to be near zero on the route going to Epcot in the morning.

Simply using number of rooms at each location is not a good measure because some Caribbean Beach guests will be wandering over to the Riviera station because it is a shorter walk.

Last edited:

We bought at RIV, but have the same question as the OP.

I don’t think we’ll know until the system is operating but I wondered if, right now, they’re assuming the change over at CBR for HS will allow for enough empty cars to continue on to RIV, since loafing will have human oversight.

Like crunch time every other empty car goes to RIV empty.

I’ve read that they will send empty cars out of CBR towards Epcot to make sure there is room for Riviera to board. Obviously no one knows the ratio but it’s also something that can be dynamic in the moment. But I can understand your concern since it’s an expensive resort and a bit of an unknown right now.

My hope is allocation would be monitored in real time as they do with the buses now.

If similar crowds are waiting at both CBR and RR, then 50% of cars should be sent over to RR empty. If CBR has twice as many people waiting than RR, then 33% of the cars get sent to RR empty.

I'm not a mod for the LGBTQ board, but I am able to move your thread for you. In the future, if you wish a thread to be moved, please use the "report" button in the post, that way all mods and webmasters can see it. :)

I don’t think we’ll know until the system is operating but I wondered if, right now, they’re assuming the change over at CBR for HS will allow for enough empty cars to continue on to RIV, since loafing will have human oversight.
No definitive answer yet, but it's been theorized that some gondolas will leave CBR empty, to have room for Riviera guests. Every other, every third... It might depend how full Riviera is.

T
I'm not a mod for the LGBTQ board, but I am able to move your thread for you. In the future, if you wish a thread to be moved, please use the "report" button in the post, that way all mods and webmasters can see it. :)

Thank you! I’m new, so I definitely appreciate it.

Being in a wheelchair and running both a YouTube channel and a Facebook group dealing with visiting the parks in a wheelchair, I asked. The cast members on duty have no idea what they are going to do to facilitate wheelchair loading and un-loading at Riviera. They "think" the cars will be "momentarily" stopped to load & unload.

Not sure why they didn't just put in a second line but on a curve they probably couldn't.

Most likely they send out some empty. I remember times when the resort monorail set aside certain cars for each hotel along the beam.

There is still some experimentation on how wheelchairs at Riviera are handled for the Skyliner. The stops guests have been experiencing en route on the Epcot line are most likely part of the wheelchair handling procedure.

They "think" the cars will be "momentarily" stopped to load & unload ...
The stop and start buttons are within reach, either on a box hanging on an umbilical cord or mounted on a pole or wall.

It is not the curve that prevented putting in separate handicapped platforms on separate linear paths at Riviera but rather the need for long over/under corridors to get to the inside platforms.

They were loading Riviera stop people into cars that only had a couple of people in them. I would think they will leave some empty cars for larger parties, and others, but also load some smaller groups into the low occupancy cars with people already inside. (we had people join us at the Riviera station a couple of times). It might benefit them to have lines for 1-2 people groups, but probably not necessary.

They were loading Riviera stop people into cars that only had a couple of people in them. I would think they will leave some empty cars for larger parties, and others, but also load some smaller groups into the low occupancy cars with people already inside. (we had people join us at the Riviera station a couple of times). It might benefit them to have lines for 1-2 people groups, but probably not necessary.
We had folks added with us as well traveling CBR to Epcot. The CM working the RIV load zone appeared to be eyeballing the cabin capacity as we all moved slowly through the RIV unload area. When the doors opened again around the corner she directed folks waiting into our cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter