Roozlilone PJ/TR Saying "I Do" Again 7/17/08...Processional & Vows!

The Day Before the Vow Renewal: Magic Kingdom with My Family!

We woke up Wednesday ready to go to the Magic Kingdom with my Mom, DJ, Donna & Madison (her first trip) and Christine, Brien, Ian and Caroline. I couldn't believe it was actually the day before our Vow Renewal. I was actually getting nervous!! :scared1: I know, crazy, hugh? I don't like being the center of attention so I think that was starting to hit me. My mom, thankfully, was back to her old self. Whatever it was, it was just a 24 hour bug! This was honestly the 3rd best day of the whole trip! First being the Vow Renewal, followed by the FQ Carriage Ride. It was really special to take my niece, Madison around the Magic Kingdom on her very first trip to the world. And to experience it with my brother all grown up was great. The last time he went to Disney he was only 5 years old!! We had a blast! :yay:

We got to the Magic Kingdom right when it opened. :banana: I convinced my Mom it was OKAY for her to rent a scooter (she thinks she is too young to rent one). I knew she would enjoy herself more if she didn't have to walk everywhere.

Here she is on the scooter. She loved it once she got the hang of it:
Picture151.jpg

We just looked around until Donna & Madison arrived. I knew DJ wouldn't make it at 9:00, that's way to early for any 23 year old (or most).

Here we are with Donna & Madison:
Picture152.jpg

I had it all mapped out and what we "had to do" with Madison in tow!

We were off to Tomorrowland:
Picture153.jpg

We hit Buzz first:
Picture154.jpg

Then the TeaCups:
Picture155.jpg

Picture158.jpg

And of course we had to ride the Carousel:
Picture159.jpg

Here is my Mom enjoying the ride:
Picture160.jpg

By the time we got done with Fantasyland, DJ decided to show up and make a grand entrance:
Picture163.jpg

We went on Peter Pan and got some pixie dust getting off the ride....pixiedust: Everyone got "Year of a Million Dream" Ears!

Picture162.jpg

My sister, Christine, was still a pain as far as trying to meet up. She literally rode everything before she decided to meet up with us. :confused3 Remember, she is the oldest sibling, she should be the leader, right? :laughing:

We managed to get one really good picture of all of us together:

Picture161.jpg

We stayed at the Magic Kingdom until about 5 p.m., the longest stretch for us at one park. We normally go back to the resort at Noon to eat lunch and take a nap. So we were really tired. :angel: We ate dinner and then Joe packed his bag, got his tux and left to spend the night with DJ at the Shades of Green. :sad1:

Up Next: July 17, Vow Renewal Day!

ok Jodi..I came to stalk you over here!! Beings that we have so much in common!
(Dad went to Auburn when it was Alabama Polytechnic! LOL)

I can't wait to see your pictures!!

Jodi that is great update! I looked like everyone had a great time! Love the shot of your mom on the Carosel, so cute!!

Everything looks great so far! How nice of you to show your niece a wonderful 1st trip to WDW!!

"Creepy"??? WTH are her manners?!?!?

Can't wait to hear about the VR!!

ok Jodi..I came to stalk you over here!! Beings that we have so much in common!
(Dad went to Auburn when it was Alabama Polytechnic! LOL)

I can't wait to see your pictures!!

Stalk away! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jodi that is great update! I looked like everyone had a great time! Love the shot of your mom on the Carosel, so cute!!

Thanks! My mom is a huge Disney fan! :goodvibes

More please :)

More Coming, I promise! :goodvibes

Everything looks great so far! How nice of you to show your niece a wonderful 1st trip to WDW!!

"Creepy"??? WTH are her manners?!?!?

Can't wait to hear about the VR!!

My SIL doesn't have manners! :laughing: It was great to see how excited Madison was about everything! It made me feel like I was doing it all again for the first time! :goodvibes

July 17: Vow Renewal Day!

I woke up at about 6:30 a.m., didn't sleep very well and was already missing Joe!:sad1: It was kinda weird having him sleep somewhere else when we are already married and we were at Disney World! :lmao:

The kids were still asleep so I took the quiet time to try and relax and gather my thoughts. I even thought about what LurkyLoo said in her trip report about taking the time to really enjoy the day and to make an effort to remember everything, all the little details you worked so hard on to make perfect! That was the one thing I really wanted to do...relax, enjoy it and remember it! My first wedding was a complete blur!!! So, I told myself to look around, slow it down and enjoy it. After my pep talk, I showered and tried to look half way presentable for Lisa from Lisa's Magical Wedding.

Lisa arrived promptly at 8:00 and got to work. She was so friendly, she immediately put me at ease. The kids had finally gotten up and started taking pictures of me. Hannah must have snapped a million pictures in the span of an hour!! She knew I needed pictures for my TR so she took her job to heart! :laughing: Here is Lisa working her magic:

Picture165.jpg

Picture169.jpg

Picture176.jpg

Picture178.jpg

Here is my hair finished:
Picture179.jpg

Up next was MAKEUP! I was real adament about having natural looking makeup. I normally don't wear much at all so I didn't want to look like a CLOWN! The only thing I wanted that was on the dramatic side was fake eyelashes. And Gosh, that was an ordeal. Not that it was Lisa's fault. But the false eyelashes....geez....they just didn't like me. She spent probably 45 minutes trying to put them on!! :eek: I guess I just have very sensitive eyes or something, I just don't know...she finally got them to stay in the right place! :thumbsup2

Picture200.jpg

Hannah took a nap while Lisa worked on her:
Picture184.jpg

Picture189.jpg

Kaitlyn really got into having her hair down! She was just grinning from ear to ear after she was finished:
Picture192.jpg

Lisa finished at about 11:00 a.m. and we still had 2 hours before the limo was suppose to pick us up!! :scared1: I decided to take the kids down to the Mara to get some lunch since it would be about 5:00 before they would have any REAL food. We threw some clothes on and went down stairs with our hair and tiaras....I wish I had taken pictures of the people and the looks we got! It was priceless! I think everyone was trying to figure out why our hair was done up but we were in shorts. It was pretty funny! :rotfl2:

I went back up to the room and spent the next 2 hours watching the weather channel in the hopes they would magically change the forecast to Partly Cloudy instead of 80% chance of thunderstorms!! And as it got closer and closer to 1:00 p.m. it got darker and darker outside! My wedding planner, Amy, called and confirmed my fears.....unless the weather dramatically improved they would move the ceremony and the dessert party inside! :sad1:

The backup location for the ceremony was the Boardwalk Ballroom, YUCK! And the dessert party would be at the American Adventure Parlour, even a bigger disappointment because I was lucky enough to get my dessert party switched from Moracco to the UK Upper Terrace! :banana:

As 1:00 approached we got dressed and took some pics before we left the room. And said a pray that the rain would hold out!!!:worship:

Me, dressed & ready to go:
Picture217-1.jpg

Me & my girls:
Picture220.jpg

It was 1:15 and time to meet Joe on the 5th floor of the AKL on the bridge!

To Be Continued....

Oh, Jodi! I know I've said it before, but you and the girls look so beautiful! Can't wait to hear more. :)

I love your latest installment. You and your girls looked beautiful all three of you guys hair is gorgeous. Can't wait to read more.

Beautiful pictures of you and your lovely daughters. I think I would have been staring at you too, hair in updo, shorts. And definitely not a BBB makeover.:rotfl: I love your dress, how absolutely stunning you all look.

You all look gorgeous! Your girls have such beautiful eyes!

Jodi! So beautiful, all three of you! I definately would've looked at you too:rotfl:

Cant wait to hear more, praying the rain held out! didnt for our DP:sad2:

You and the girls look beautiful! Looking forward to more....:goodvibes

Thanks! My favorite part is coming up when Joe & I meet on the 5th floor of the AKL over the bridge! :love:

Oh, Jodi! I know I've said it before, but you and the girls look so beautiful! Can't wait to hear more. :)

Thanks, you are so sweet! :goodvibes

I love your latest installment. You and your girls looked beautiful all three of you guys hair is gorgeous. Can't wait to read more.

I was really excited about Kaitlyn and Hannah's hair. Seeing their faces after Lisa was finished was priceless! :thumbsup2

Wow, y'all look so wonderful! Lisa did so great with all your hair and she did your makeup beautufully!! :lovestruc

Thanks, I was really worried about the makeup but I was pleasantly surprised. However, I will say, I will probably NEVER wear false eyelashes again! Those things have a life of their own! :laughing:

Beautiful pictures of you and your lovely daughters. I think I would have been staring at you too, hair in updo, shorts. And definitely not a BBB makeover.:rotfl: I love your dress, how absolutely stunning you all look.

The one thing I really didn't like, but was expecting, was the stares. :eek: I've never like being the center of attention. In school, I was the student in the very back row in the corner! :lmao:

You all look gorgeous! Your girls have such beautiful eyes!

Thanks, they get their pretty blue eyes from Joe, I'm a brown-eyed Italian! :goodvibes

Jodi you and the girls look beautiful! I love the latest installment! Keep it coming! :surfweb:

Thanks, part II coming shortly....:goodvibes

Jodi! So beautiful, all three of you! I definately would've looked at you too:rotfl:

Cant wait to hear more, praying the rain held out! didnt for our DP:sad2:

Well, I won't totally give it away yet (about the rain) but I can relate about the dessert party!:sad2:

That is so sweet of the girls to take all the pictures for you :) I'm sure I would've freaked out a little over the eyelashes, I'm glad she was finally able to get them to stay on :goodvibes You all looked so beautiful; looking forward to reading what happens with the weather :confused:

you and the girls looked beautiful!!

MORE MORE MORE! Let's get to the good part! :lmao:

Vow Renewal Day: Part II

Okay, where was I? That's right....it was about 1:15 p.m., it was getting ready to storm and it was time to go to the 5th floor of the AKL to meet Joe at the bridge!

We had it all planned out! We had even practiced it a couple of times earlier in the week on how we would meet for the "first" time! Yes, we are nerds, we practiced! :lmao: Our special "place" :lovestruc has always been the bridge that goes across the 5th floor of the hotel so we decided that would be the place we meet!

The limo picked Joe, my MIL, FIL and DJ at Shades of Green at 1:00 and was suppose to arrive at the AKL at approx. 1:15 p.m. .....Joe called and said they were in the limo and on the way so we headed straight up to the bridge to wait! The kids were so excited to see Daddy all dressed up in his Tux! :yay: We decided to kill some time by taking some pictures:

The girls & Mom:
Picture225.jpg

Unfortunately, my Mom tried to document the entire "first meet," but most of her pictures didn't come out or they were very blurry. :sad1: The crazy part about us meeting up on the bridge...for those of you that have stayed at the AKL, for the most part no one is ever on the bridge! Oh, not this time....We were HOPING for a little privacy. :hug: What we got were people standing on either side of the bridge! I was blown away on how obilvious they were to what was going on?? :confused:

Look at the people behind us in the picture! :confused3
Picture230.jpg

If you look very closely you can see my MIL and FIL filming from the lobby with my sister, Donna and DJ:
Picture229.jpg

Same people STILL in the background! :headache:
Picture231.jpg

Still there! :rolleyes1
Picture232.jpg

We tried to take as many pictures as we could as were leaving the AKL, but we had to be at the Boardwalk by 1:45 so we didn't have much time.

Here we are at the elevators on the way out:
Picture234.jpg

One of my favorites:
Picture236.jpg

On our way out to the limo (BYE AKL :wave2:)
Picture239.jpg

The minute we got outside the calls just started flooded in from family! :headache: Everyone wanted directions to the Boardwalk!!!!:scared1:
What the %#@*& was all I was thinking! Where was the newsletter & welcome bag I had given everyone that gave very detailed directions to the Boardwalk? :confused3 Whatever happened to asking the front desk of the hotel? :confused3

NOTE TO SELF:Leave cell phone in the room (Joe's look is priceless):
Picture240.jpg

We're off to the Boardwalk:
Picture243.jpg

Up Next: Trying to beat the rain & the Ceremony!

Yay for pictures! You look so gorgeous in your dress!!! I can't believe those people couldn't take a hint... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter