Rose and Crown, Christmas Day Review...

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
Hi everyone,

DH and I enjoyed our family Christmas on Christmas eve this year, and we only had our DD, SIL and sweet Grandson over... I have been doing this the last several years, this way DD and family can start and have their own Christmas traditions...

So for Christmas day it was only the 2 of us, We headed into Epcot around 12:30 and the parking lot was pretty empty to say the least... Now inside there were lots of people not packed DH and I both felt, it was busier than our last trip into Epcot, and people were really enjoying the space... Everyone was masked up, and just checking things out... I was under whelmed by the fountain, Yes its really beautiful, but really it seems not finished... Not sure why I felt this way, DH said about the same thing... So we will have to see...

Okay on with the Review..

We arrived around around 2:00, checked in, I will say that there is some confusion at the Check in kiosk, three young ladies working there, and I really don't think any of them had any idea of what was going on... We got our text that our table was ready only 5 minutes, so we walked back over to the kiosk, and it is very confusing on what to do, people are walking up to check-in, at the same time, people are asking about if there was a table available, or some other random questions, and the Beer stand is right there as well, and people standing basically in the same spot trying to decide on what pint they want to try, and with trying to social distance, finally a manger came out and got everyone where they needed to stand, moving the beer line away from the check-in kiosk... Finally we headed to our table... We sat inside, and it was just we remembered it, lots of charm...

Our server was very professional, and was on point through the whole meal... Really great service and super pleasant....

DH went with a pint of Bass (10.00), and for me a glass of Riesling (12.00)... the Riesling was really really good, and it was not a skimpy pour... so yay, he brought us both waters, and kept them full during the whole meal...

For an appetizer we went with the Scotch Egg - (12.00) - it was only 1 egg, cut in half...I only had one small bite, so for those of you that have never had them, basically its a boiled egg, with a layer of sausage on the outside then deep fried... the mustard sauce that is normally served - this was a strange plating the mustard was under a pile of frise lettuce, which we did not realize until DH got to the second half of the egg... For DH this was okay, and I agreed... just okay, not terrible by any means, it just seemed sorta bland, the sausage did not really have any flavor, not that sausage flavor that you would expect... I think if the sausage would have been flavorful, it would have been much more successful, we have ordered this here before, and the sausage really stood out... Not sure if we would order it again... like 50/50...

DH went with the Shepherds Pie (22.00) it was very good, it is served in a small frying pan, and while it looks small, the pan is deep, and it is alot of food, DH loved it, and I did have a taste it and it was very flavorful, and the mashed potatoes, with the cheese on top were really good...

For Myself - I got the Fish and Chips (25.00) - the portion size was 3 large piece of fish... and a huge portion of chips... they both were cooked perfectly... not to much batter, and it was very light, and the fish was moist, and quite tasty... the fries there are a favorite of both DH and I...

Will we back again, Yes..... Both of these we will order again... both entree's are solid good choices....

On a side note...the Fish and Chips, could easily be shared with a child... Not really sure about 2 adults sharing this.

We ate at the rose and crown last November and it was wonderful. In all the years that we have been to Disney, that was the first time eating there. At that time you could get the corned beef and cabbage. Excellent.

It's been years since we've eaten at the Rose And Crown, but I remember it being delicious. I know I had the salmon, and it was so good. Thanks for the review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter