• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Rose Bowl game/parade (January 1st, 2024)

I hope it wasn’t a float we missed seeing because of commercials, or when they broke away from the actual parade to show how one was put together. I seem to remember an actual show a couple years ago that showed how they were made. It was interesting but I don’t want to miss seeing the floats.
I missed the float due to multi-tasking chores (cleaning the bathroom and laundry), But from the pictures she posted throughout the week I’m sure it was great. It was San Diego Zoo. I did catch many other amazing floats tho.

I noticed this year the floats were all a bit more compact than some years past. None had trouble making the turn this time.

Thought a few of the floats looked amateurish with someone just deciding to put some flowers on the side to make them legal.

I do recall in some prior parades they had difficulty turning that sharp corner. Not like they didn't know the parade route ahead of time or publish some sort of specifications on how wide/tall/long a float could be. Similar to height restrictions, if they have to go under any freeway overpasses, they need to be able to retract to do that.

And it will be the Wolverines at the Huskies next Monday for the National Championship! Go Blue! (And great job to Washington for kicking Texas to the curb!! I guess someone does mess with Texas.)

Thought a few of the floats looked amateurish with someone just deciding to put some flowers on the side to make them legal.

I do recall in some prior parades they had difficulty turning that sharp corner. Not like they didn't know the parade route ahead of time or publish some sort of specifications on how wide/tall/long a float could be. Similar to height restrictions, if they have to go under any freeway overpasses, they need to be able to retract to do that.
Some of the less elaborate floats are from communities and groups without major funding behind them -- just a lot of heart, so I give extra points for that.
I did notice in particular that all of the vehicles with floral draping looked exceptional this year. They did say that FTD was responsible for that, so whoever put that together had a fantastic eye. Not just the typical scattering of roses and florals that have been done to death.

@China Expat, your float was very fun and clever. It's obvious the floats in this parade are an enormous labor of love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter