RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my question now is: WiFi/LTE and which are the best tapstiles to stand behind when you first arrive. I think I am going to walk around examine the day before to see which near the right have double sided taps as opposed to single side.

Maybe as this evolves people will decide that the marginal value of getting there at 5 instead of 6 isn’t worth it. Same for arriving at 6 instead of 7 when the regular open moves to 8 AM. You can get an earlier BG but that’s it. If I thought I could arrive at about 6:15 (or 7:15) and get a BG that gets me on the ride by early afternoon that’s what I would do. Get in, get the BG, then spend time doing other attractions, etc until the BG comes up.
For me personally the value of being there very early and getting one of the first bg is that historically (yes it's only been 7 days) the ride performs well in the first hour and then breaks down. So i would rather get a low bg to ride before that happens
But if you are actively looking for an afternoon bg you can wait and don't have to be at the park support early

With these super early openings...anybody know if JTA registration is open at 6:30am or when do they start accepting kids to register?
Great question! I need to know this too - we're there marathon week, and are aiming to do RotR Tuesday, but plan to have my DD do JTA on Friday (and maybe grab BGs then as well!).

Wow from home and looked at the app and BG 12-26 boarding. It appears no more BG left, but not sure. That was at 7:20am est

I think my question now is: WiFi/LTE and which are the best tapstiles to stand behind when you first arrive. I think I am going to walk around examine the day before to see which near the right have double sided taps as opposed to single side.
All of the tapstiles have 4 Mickey's. I always go to the furthest on the right, people always go for the middle ones

I can't wait. I plan to arrive at 5 am on Saturday. Now I'm nervous that my phone won't function - LOL [new Apple phone...I'll be fine].

Have we heard from anyone yet that doesn’t have a phone that goes to a CM? I wonder what kind of BG they have been getting as they have to actually wait for them to give them one. Maybe they have a certain set of numbers?
Actually... we were early thru turnstiles at 637 but DH tried a few minutes in the app a CM with I pad said let me scan your magic bands and BAM instantly BG14

Maybe as this evolves people will decide that the marginal value of getting there at 5 instead of 6 isn’t worth it. Same for arriving at 6 instead of 7 when the regular open moves to 8 AM. You can get an earlier BG but that’s it. If I thought I could arrive at about 6:15 (or 7:15) and get a BG that gets me on the ride by early afternoon that’s what I would do. Get in, get the BG, then spend time doing other attractions, etc until the BG comes up.

I don’t know, I know I want an early BG and I’m going the weekend before Christmas so I’m planning on getting there as soon as the parking lots open so I can be one of the first in line, hopefully! If I have to stand in a mob way in the back, watching people cut in line I’ll have a panic attack or something! I’d rather just be there early. But that’s just me, maybe I’m overthinking it!

curious how close those CM are to the the turnstiles
curious how close those CM are to the the turnstiles
JUSt like 20 feet away and all down the Hollywood blvd as we walked to MFSr CMs were asking if they could help get people in a BG. So impressed with how well run this has been run. No trample running or anything very smooth

For me personally the value of being there very early and getting one of the first bg is that historically (yes it's only been 7 days) the ride performs well in the first hour and then breaks down. So i would rather get a low bg to ride before that happens
But if you are actively looking for an afternoon bg you can wait and don't have to be at the park support early

The ride breakdowns are obviously a wild card that make precise planning impossible. This reminds me of when Test Track first opened and it seemed to be down as much as or more than it was open for the first couple of months.

Because we are regular visitors (2 or 3 short trips a year to visit a CM daughter) I can take an “If I can’t do it this time I’ll try it next time“ attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter