RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got in line as soon as my group (39) was called, got through all of the preshows, and my group was just about to board the main ride when they announced that our "interrogation was being rescheduled". So, we got paper FPs to come back and the ride is down for now.

I haven't eaten since 5:30, so I'm gonna hop on the Gondolas and head over to Epcot for some food and hopefully the ride will be back up soon...

We had a fairly successful morning in DHS. We arrived at 5am, and in line just in front of the ticket booths by 5:25am. There was quite a back-up to park our car. We got boarding group 15. Our group was called around 7:30am. We entered the physical queue at 7:40am, and were done at 8:55am. There was a 20 minute delay while we were in line. LOVED the ride! Can't wait to ride again.

My question is regarding those of you who have used DAS. We have some friends joining us in a couple weeks. They have a son on the spectrum who cannot wait in lines. As we waited in line to enter the park today, and then again in the physical queue, I just kept thinking about how there's no way this boy will be able to do it. If any of you have children on the spectrum, how have you handled the morning queue? That can't be avoided, right? Does DAS help when your boarding group is called in the physical queue? I don't want my friends to miss all the stuff that happens in the queue, but I don't think this boy could handle the wait that we had today. Thanks for any feedback!
They have to do the same thing to get into a bg as everyone else. After that when their bg is called they will be able to go through the fp queue of the ride, which is a shorter walk to the pre show room. Then it joins with everyone else. So if there's a wait in the second queue mid attraction they will have to wait there

They have to do the same thing to get into a bg as everyone else. After that when their bg is called they will be able to go through the fp queue of the ride, which is a shorter walk to the pre show room. Then it joins with everyone else. So if there's a wait in the second queue mid attraction they will have to wait there
Thank you! I will pass along the information. I hope they decide to go for it, because the ride is incredible. So far they're leaning towards skipping it to avoid meltdowns though. :(

For example, the 8am official opening times from 12/9-12/11 resulted in actual openings around 6:30 each day. If the crowds had been larger earlier on those mornings (say 2x), would they have opened earlier?
No point in wondering what could have been. Im not sure i see the point of the premise

I mean, could you do it? Yes. Should you do it? No.

Other people will have gotten their small children out of bed to stand in line in the rain, and it is exceedingly frustrating and, frankly, kind of rude, when not everyone follows the same rules. I got into it (a little) with some mom at Legoland, because she was allowing one of her five children to stand in line at Kid Power Tower, and then when that one child reached the front, all of the other four pushed through to "meet their sister". It was fun to explain to my four-year-old why he had to wait in line when other children didn't. I would bring rain gear like a previous poster said, or, if it's really not the right conditions for your kids to be there, then I would wait to ride another time.

I agree with the general sentiment that everyone should wait in line together. However, I'll also add that my daughter and I both suffer from early morning IBS (TMI, I know) and have to visit the rest room multiple times if up during early hours. I hope leaving and re-entering the line is excused.

No point in wondering what could have been. Im not sure i see the point of the premise
The point is that it would be interesting to note if Disney goes into the morning with a set plan to open at a certain time (say, 30 mins before official open) that is adjusted on the fly according to crowd size that specific morning.

I agree with the general sentiment that everyone should wait in line together. However, I'll also add that my daughter and I both suffer from early morning IBS (TMI, I know) and have to visit the rest room multiple times if up during early hours. I hope leaving and re-entering the line is excused.
Disabilities, medical conditions, and potty breaks are a different situation altogether and not meant to be addressed by my post 🙂 The mom at Legoland was clearly dealing with none of these issue (I watched her for some time before her kids actually cut in front of us and I told them to go to the back, at which point she rushed over to rescue her kids, yelled at me for “not allowing” the siblings to ride together, and loudly told her son that he could not ride because “THAT LADY [pointing at me] said so” and then glared at me when he started crying). The previous poster’s question also was about cutting the line due to timing and weather, which are going to be a factor for everyone wanting to ride RoTR that day.

The point is that it would be interesting to note if Disney goes into the morning with a set plan to open at a certain time (say, 30 mins before official open) that is adjusted on the fly according to crowd size that specific morning.
Yeah, that's been the thought process all along. Operations goal is to open at official opening time. Knowing that they make the decision on the day depending on a couple of things
Are cm at their positions and ready to open attractions
Size of crowds outside the tapstiles and impacts on security

Disney appears to be opening whenever the crowd makes it all the way fro the tapstyles to security.

So I talked to a cast member about why they were opening early. It's mainly due to SAFETY. The want to open early when there is a large crowd of people before the turnstiles. They were concerned if there was ever to be an emergency, the cast members would have a difficult time getting to the crowds of people.

Disabilities, medical conditions, and potty breaks are a different situation altogether and not meant to be addressed by my post 🙂 The mom at Legoland was clearly dealing with none of these issue (I watched her for some time before her kids actually cut in front of us and I told them to go to the back, at which point she rushed over to rescue her kids, yelled at me for “not allowing” the siblings to ride together, and loudly told her son that he could not ride because “THAT LADY [pointing at me] said so” and then glared at me when he started crying). The previous poster’s question also was about cutting the line due to timing and weather, which are going to be a factor for everyone wanting to ride RoTR that day.
I hear you. People act wacky in crowded environments for sure. I saw lots of cutting at Busch Gardens last summer - if someone were to cut in front of me and it became obvious they weren't rejoining their group I'd probably point them out.

Reactions: EmJ
Evacuated off. Sat waiting to be interrogated for maybe 10-15 minutes before being evacuated.
Any idea what evacuation was for? We were in next boarding group (46). Were turned away when we got to entrance with no indication of time or how to find out if it’s back up. Ride went down around 1050.

I've had this issue as an older adult, who can't walk as fast as my family. I hate having to say excuse me to catch up, but I don't want to lose them, to hard to find them again if we don't stay together. So it's not that I'm not there, I am, but they got ahead of me.
Next time have your friends and family walk with you at your pace. If your plan is to all ride together, the easiest way to accomplish that is to all walk together.

What happens when the ride gets evacuated and they give you FP’s? Can you use them to ride later or are they for the next day?

(I’m sure this was mentioned before but I must have missed it!)

I can’t imagine that anyone would have a reason to be upset with that. It’s completely different to start all as a group and have to make a trip (or several if needed) to the restroom. I imagine you would not be the only person who would need to do so in case of a long wait. All the people behind you who chose your line would be aware of how many people were in that line to begin with and would see you leaving, so they shouldn’t be upset when they see you returning. (I mean, there are always unreasonable people, but no one can do anything about them so nothing to concern yourself with.)
In terms of cutting and fairness, you obviously would have done everything that everyone else in your position in line would have done to get there. You can’t help it if you need to use the restroom because there is a wait. It’s not like you want to stay at the hotel to be near a more comfortable bathroom while your family holds a place for you in line.
Now, it may be right getting in and out of line, but since literally every single person knows what it is to need to use the restroom, it does seem reasonable to expect some kindness and understanding as you try to get through.
This is of course, all just my opinion. Reasonable minds may differ and that’s fine. But for me, I think the various reasons presented by most people for why it should be okay for one person to hold places for others to show up later just don’t add up well. There are literally thousands of small children at DW every single day. If all of their parents had one parent hold a place for the whole family in line, the chaos when the gates opened would be insane. Same goes for anyone else with an issue with being in line. It is unpleasant, but the truth is that there is no way to make it truly equally easy for everyone. So, in my case, if I want to ride this ride with my family, I will be dragging my young children out of bed at a horrible hour, and wrangling their moods and that of my DH for the rest of the day. That’s the price for me to do this ride. The price may differ for others. But it isn’t fair for me to decide that I shouldn’t have to pay that price and make the people around me pay instead by cutting in front of them. They’re not responsible for my family;I am.
But in a case like yours, I think that the least we could all do is smile and make room for you to go by as many times as you need to while we’re all stuck there waiting together.
I could be wrong on any of this, of course. And if any of this sounded rude or rambling, I apologize. I’m very sleep deprived and delirious and trying to stay awake to cheer my husband on while he drives us from Georgia to DW.

What happens when the ride gets evacuated and they give you FP’s? Can you use them to ride later or are they for the next day?

(I’m sure this was mentioned before but I must have missed it!)
Yes you can use them later in the day for RotR or if you choose another attraction. People have also reported you being able to use the fp during your stay. I would ask the cm about that though

Next time have your friends and family walk with you at your pace. If your plan is to all ride together, the easiest way to accomplish that is to all walk together.
Agreed! Anyone who just walked way ahead of small children who aren’t physically capable of keeping up would feel like a jerk and not do that - why should it be different for someone who is older and has trouble getting around quickly?

We just got back. We went early on two days to successfully get In a BG. One time we waited over two hours in line after BG called. Overall, we loved the attraction. I understand the use of the VQ and do see the value. Having said this, i do think the official opening times are getting a bit silly. They are totally artificial as they fully intend on opening way earlier as they have staffed accordingly. I think it is time to just play it straight with everyone.

I mean, could you do it? Yes. Should you do it? No.

Other people will have gotten their small children out of bed to stand in line in the rain, and it is exceedingly frustrating and, frankly, kind of rude, when not everyone follows the same rules. I got into it (a little) with some mom at Legoland, because she was allowing one of her five children to stand in line at Kid Power Tower, and then when that one child reached the front, all of the other four pushed through to "meet their sister". It was fun to explain to my four-year-old why he had to wait in line when other children didn't. I would bring rain gear like a previous poster said, or, if it's really not the right conditions for your kids to be there, then I would wait to ride another time.
Got it, thanks. I completely see and get this point. This is just my first trip to Disney and I'm trying to figure out what is appropriate before I do it, that's why I'm asking. So I was just trying to see if we should keep the original day at HS or switch to a non-rainy day. Yeah we will just shift our days around to avoid the rainy day then if the forecast stays the same by then. I'm glad I asked ahead of time so I can plan accordingly and not cut/upset a bunch of people, which is definitely not my intention. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter