Round 7-Pen Pal Letter Swap-August-Check In/Sent/Recieved/Chat....CLOSED!

mommytotwo

DIS Veteran
I had just sent out everyone their pen pal info. This round will be for the months of August, Sept., and Oct. This means that each month, you will be sending out a letter that will include the Topic of the Month, along with a Twist of the Month. At times, there could be two Topics, or Twists, so just keep up with the thread for info., or feel free to ask any questions along the way. All mailings must be made by the second Sunday of each month.

Augusts send by date is-8/14. I usually reveal the Topic of the Month, and the Twist of the month early so that you are able to get things started, or search/make/buy items early instead of just feeling overwhelmed all at once.

Please remember, it is important to let me know if you will be away so that you are not taken out of the swap if I do not hear from you.....(it was nice to see that all participants had checked into the board either today or yesterday).

Once you receive this months Topic of the month, and twist, you may send out your letter. I will be pming everyone the topic of the month soon, BUT DO NOT YET MAIL it out to your pen pal since you still need to find out what the Topic of the Month is.-(it will come out in a week or two).

*****Do you have any allergies or food/drink dislikes? If so, please list it here. You have till Friday to list it so that your new pen pal knows of this info.

Wow I'm actually first to post:cool1:. I am allergic to any type of melon. Looking forward to this exchange.

*****Do you have any allergies or food/drink dislikes? If so, please list it here. You have till Friday to list it so that your new pen pal knows of this info.

I'm allergic to cantalope, honeydew, raw almonds, and raw eggs. Fortunately, or unfortunatelly, I love food and will try anything at least once. I cannot think of anything I absolutely do not like... I prefer not to eat something that is looking back at me though!

No allergies for me. Major dislikes are vegetables, but I cannot imagine my pen pal sending me any of them.:lmao:

Cindy, it's like we were meant to be pen pals! No allergies, but not a huge fan of veggies. :)

No allergies here but I don't drink coffee or much tea.

No allergies here but I don't drink coffee or much tea.

I'm not into coffee either, unless it's coffee ice cream, coffee flavored candy, etc. Love the smell of coffee, just not the taste (unless it's got Kahlua in it:lmao:). Drink iced tea once in awhile, not too often.

Cindy

I do not drink coffee, or tea, and is not a fan of jelly beans, licorice, and candies with nougat, caramel, and most nuts.

Not a coffee or tea fan either! But, I do enjoy hot chocolate....especially peppermint hot choc. from Starbucks. Yum! Not a fan of jelly beans or licorice either.

To find out what the Twist of the Month is,.....please send me a pm, and I will reply back to you.

Hello! :yay:
I like pretty much everything except nuts. Almonds and pistachios are good though.
I'm not allergic to anything.

Liz :goodvibes

No allergies, willing to try near anything at least once- although licorice is on the side of evil. :lmao: <I shudder to even think of eating licorice :sick:>

i'm not allergic to anything, but i hate bananas, coconut, and seafood except shrimp (but that can't really taste like the ocean if i'm eating it)

Remember everyone, do not yet send out your twists. There will be a questionaire, and also a topic of the month for August that you will need to put together for your letter.

Check ins for this week is now open. Remember you have till Friday to check in. IF, I do not hear from you, you do not pick up your pm in a timely manner, you do not check in....I may think you are not around, and may drop you from the swap. So PLEASE if you will be away, please let me know. I do not like to drop people, but have experienced from the past that this is what I need to do at times to get rid of those who do not follow the rules, to be fair to everyone participating, .......

I had sent everyone a pm, with the questionaire, and the Topic of the Month-(Listing 2 rooms). Put together this info. along with your Twist of the Month, and you may start sending out your AUGUST letters/twists. Please remember to post here as soon as your letters have gone postal, and as SOON as you receive them.

*If you have not yet contacted me to find out what Augusts twist of the month is,.....send me a pm.

*Dania, please clear out your pm box so that I can send you the questionaire, and Topic of the Month.

****Feel free to go beyond the questionaire, and send your pen pal a regular written letter-and include the "Topic" in there.

Check ins for this week is now open. Remember you have till Friday to check in. IF, I do not hear from you, you do not pick up your pm in a timely manner, you do not check in....I may think you are not around, and may drop you from the swap. So PLEASE if you will be away, please let me know. I do not like to drop people, but have experienced from the past that this is what I need to do at times to get rid of those who do not follow the rules, to be fair to everyone participating, .......

Got your PM!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter