• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Yay! I knew you'd do that treadmill run last night! Sounds like our temps will be similar for my race this weekend. It's so hard to figure out pre-race comfort! Have you done throwaway sweats before?

I'm such a minimalist as far as carrying things to races. But after the cold corral last year at the same race (and that was a bit warmer I think) and windy morning at my recent 10k, I may do a throw-away for the first time ever. I have some long sleeve giant unisex shirts from various work freebies I NEVER WEAR. So maybe it's time to just rid the closest of one of them.
I'm also maybe going to do gear check for the first time ever and put a for real hoodie or jacket in there for the walk home after the race. Since I won't have a race-sherpa/hubby to hold onto my stuff.
I am bringing my tiny cheap gloves and I am wearing my pants with pockets...so I will likely wear those and shove them in by mile 3 or something.

I'm such a minimalist as far as carrying things to races. But after the cold corral last year at the same race (and that was a bit warmer I think) and windy morning at my recent 10k, I may do a throw-away for the first time ever. I have some long sleeve giant unisex shirts from various work freebies I NEVER WEAR. So maybe it's time to just rid the closest of one of them.
I'm also maybe going to do gear check for the first time ever and put a for real hoodie or jacket in there for the walk home after the race. Since I won't have a race-sherpa/hubby to hold onto my stuff.
I am bringing my tiny cheap gloves and I am wearing my pants with pockets...so I will likely wear those and shove them in by mile 3 or something.
That sounds like a great plan!

The moment you realize your little baby is definitely a big kid. She's requested Space Mountain. She wants to ride it alone (ummm, nope...this isn't the local church fair.)
So I've switched out Small World for Space Mountain FP+ mid-day Friday. I figure by then we'll know how ready or not she is for it.
I told her it was in the dark and she said "Don't worry, I can see in the dark" Okay, Bat-kid.
Super excited to get to ride some big rides again, super sad my baby is growing up. We'll see what happens next week! Maybe she'll snuggle with me on the People Mover instead?

Yay for being back in corral C!
Sounds like a cold weather race. Mine is looking like high 50s/low 60s and rain ... wanna trade? (I really hate rain)

I'm kind of loving all the "this day 5 years ago" Facebook updates that are popping up.

Here's me and kiddo on 10/26/2013 vs just a few nights ago.
IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

How is she sooooo big????? My baby is like 6 ft tall (that's how it seems to me.)

I know my weight loss isn't super dramatic but it is fun to be reminded that I can't wear these jeans anymore without them falling off. Btw I was a "farmer" I guess.
IMG_2381.JPG

Makes me want to keep working at it instead of yo-yo-ing. Especially heading into the holiday dead zone. (Halloween pun intended)

Aw, it's so bittersweet to see our babies get so big! And I think pictures really do help give us a bit of inspiration to keep going. You look super great Roxy!

I think you are aging in reverse... but RoxyKiddo isn't ;)

You look great! I have let a few lbs creep on and vacation followed by holidays is definitely "weighing" on my mind.

AWWWWW, I love those "years ago" Facebook updates. They grow so fast. I just had one pop up of our first family trip to WDW - my boys were 5 and 3 standing with Mickey. They had the cutest chubby cheeks! They are now 14 and 12 and are both taller than me.

I also love all those years ago Facebook posts. I've had several Halloween costume posts crop up and it's so sweet to see the kids again when they were so little.

One of my girlfriend's calls it the "Facebook re-memory machine".

You look awesome!

Aw, it's so bittersweet to see our babies get so big! And I think pictures really do help give us a bit of inspiration to keep going. You look super great Roxy!

I still can't imagine her getting any bigger, but I know it's inevitable!! Especially since I keep feeding her :)

I think you are aging in reverse... but RoxyKiddo isn't ;)

You look great! I have let a few lbs creep on and vacation followed by holidays is definitely "weighing" on my mind.

Haha, about aging in reverse. I am getting my hair cut and dyed tonight so maybe I'll look even a tad younger. Gonna be hard to not indulge at disney (food n wine afterall!!)

AWWWWW, I love those "years ago" Facebook updates. They grow so fast. I just had one pop up of our first family trip to WDW - my boys were 5 and 3 standing with Mickey. They had the cutest chubby cheeks! They are now 14 and 12 and are both taller than me.

This gives me a really good idea to crack open our photo album from kiddo's first trip. Maybe I can try to recreate some of the pics. I remember she barely came up to Eeyore's belly at our very first breakfast. So tiny!

I also love all those years ago Facebook posts. I've had several Halloween costume posts crop up and it's so sweet to see the kids again when they were so little.

One of my girlfriend's calls it the "Facebook re-memory machine".

You look awesome!

I'm gonna steal that "the re-memory machine'!
And thanks for thinking I look awesome. I had a bit of a bounce back after slimming way down at the end of last year...so I'm trying to re-get-rid-of some extra baggage. Anytime roxyhubby says I look skinny in something it rotates to the front of my closet for repeated wear :)

This gives me a really good idea to crack open our photo album from kiddo's first trip. Maybe I can try to recreate some of the pics. I remember she barely came up to Eeyore's belly at our very first breakfast. So tiny!

I love this idea! Also, you look amazing! I hear you about the holidays, though. That's a big part of the reason that I asked for a DB training plan even though I had no race... I needed something to keep me on track!

And yeah, crazy how they get so big so fast. Mine wasn't quite walking this time last year, so my pictures are all of me holding her or her crawling. Now you can't get her to hold still long enough for a picture, and she's up to the top of my hips in height (admittedly, I'm not that tall). Time flies.

I love this idea! Also, you look amazing! I hear you about the holidays, though. That's a big part of the reason that I asked for a DB training plan even though I had no race... I needed something to keep me on track!

And yeah, crazy how they get so big so fast. Mine wasn't quite walking this time last year, so my pictures are all of me holding her or her crawling. Now you can't get her to hold still long enough for a picture, and she's up to the top of my hips in height (admittedly, I'm not that tall). Time flies.

I can usually get kiddo to hold still for a picture for long enough ONLY if I have my camera ready. If I fumble for the right button to press it's usually too late!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter