Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit off topic but certainly a "modified experience", but even as an AP holder-I would buy a 4 day pass right now if I could go cart (or ECV) or even walk around the parks alone.

Low 80's and sunny the next week. I think EPCOT would be the best with F&G visuals. Would bring a lunch and camera of course.

I have a trip scheduled for late September. With each passing day, and every article read, I become less and less optimistic about our trip. I'm not a foodie, so we don't go for the food. I could care less about the parades. We go for the rides, the fireworks/laser shows, and the meet and greets. This trip is mainly aimed at SWGE. I'm 58 years old with no grandchildren on the horizon. Quite honestly, this will probably be my last trip to WDW. If they do any kind of "limited experience" re-opening that affects my trip, I'll most likely either reschedule for next year or cancel it altogether. For the amount of money Disney vacations cost, I want the full experience or nothing. I've already purchased my airfare. I'll eat the $200 change fee if that's what it takes.

I've seen reports from financial experts that expect significant closings of Disney properties through the end of June. What are your thoughts on the end of September being affected?

I have a trip scheduled for late September. With each passing day, and every article read, I become less and less optimistic about our trip. I'm not a foodie, so we don't go for the food. I could care less about the parades. We go for the rides, the fireworks/laser shows, and the meet and greets. This trip is mainly aimed at SWGE. I'm 58 years old with no grandchildren on the horizon. Quite honestly, this will probably be my last trip to WDW. If they do any kind of "limited experience" re-opening that affects my trip, I'll most likely either reschedule for next year or cancel it altogether. For the amount of money Disney vacations cost, I want the full experience or nothing. I've already purchased my airfare. I'll eat the $200 change fee if that's what it takes.

I've seen reports from financial experts that expect significant closings of Disney properties through the end of June. What are your thoughts on the end of September being affected?

If DW is still closed in Sept, that will be the least of your problems I'm afraid.

It really all depends on how long this goes. The longer this goes the more of an impact it will have. It’s going to take a little bit of time for Disney to get back to full ops when they do reopen. We just don’t know when that will be yet.

Not sure why it's your last trip at 58 yo, hope its nothing serious-but that would affect my advice.

But if you go for rides and shows etc, no way would my final trip not include Rat/GoTG/Tron and new Illuminations only a year or 2 away.

And actually going before those attractions open, delivers a limited experience anyway IMO.

I would cancel asap.

Right now my mindset is see when China re-opens as those parks were closed the longest (they have been closed since late Jan though a few select non park aspects of Shanghai I know are/were re-opened) then take that length + a potential extra month or two

That said right now I'm cautiously optimistic the parks will be open by Labor Day however to what extent I don't know

Not sure why it's your last trip at 58 yo, hope its nothing serious-but that would affect my advice.

But if you go for rides and shows etc, no way would my final trip not include Rat/GoTG/Tron and new Illuminations only a year or 2 away.

And actually going before those attractions open, delivers a limited experience anyway IMO.

I would cancel asap.

I appreciate the concern. Being my last trip has nothing to do with health, thank goodness. My wife wants to go other places and we can really only afford one "big" trip a year. With no grandchildren on the horizon, it's not worth the argument. Pick your battles as they say. LOL While I think those attractions you mentioned will be super cool, they don't hold nearly the excitement for me as SWGE does. I mean, I can close my eyes and be in the theatre for what's now known as episode IV. Once I see SWGE, I can live comfortably knowing I'll miss those three attractions you mentioned.

That said right now I'm cautiously optimistic the parks will be open by Labor Day however to what extent I don't know

I'm quite confident the parks will be open by Labor Day, also. But "how" open is my concern.

I appreciate the concern. Being my last trip has nothing to do with health, thank goodness. My wife wants to go other places and we can really only afford one "big" trip a year. With no grandchildren on the horizon, it's not worth the argument. Pick your battles as they say. LOL While I think those attractions you mentioned will be super cool, they don't hold nearly the excitement for me as SWGE does. I mean, I can close my eyes and be in the theatre for what's now known as episode IV. Once I see SWGE, I can live comfortably knowing I'll miss those three attractions you mentioned.

I'm quite confident the parks will be open by Labor Day, also. But "how" open is my concern.

I see. Yea there's a big world out there, even in the USA. Have fun.

But I still wouldn't rush my last WDW trip of my life with this going on. Certainly some things will be scaled back.

Even Harmonious sounds amazing in EPCOT's future, much less those major attractions.

Well said -- if there were MAJOR things changed .. (like one of the parks not open, or no fireworks show, or severely reduced hours) -- I'd consider postponing a summer trip since I wouldn't be getting my money's value.

But if minor attractions or restaurants are closed to help them staff other areas .. sure. I think I can deal with Muppetvision or Frozen Sing-Along being closed if that means Galaxy's Edge is running at full capacity.

I think Disney will find a good balance. They want people in the parks. They already saw what opening "half" a land in SWGE did for their attendance as a lot people just opted to wait until the whole thing was done. (if the success of Rise was any indication).

I can't do without the Frozen Sing Along

on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, amusement/theme parks are high on that pyramid lol we need to think logically and realistically of what our needs are compared to our wants. I love Disney but I really hope they stay closed until there is a dramatic reduction of infection... it sucks but I'd rather people concentrate on food and housing, ya know, the basics

If I had to guess Disney springs will open then the resorts. I personally don't the the parks will open until mid August possibly September 1. Maybe I'm wrong, but fully operational, there is no telling...maybe next February. If it were me I would rebook the trip for a year out. Have a great time on the trip, whenever that is. One day you may have those grandchildren and then look at how many more Disney trips you can look forward to with them!

Looking at Shangai Disney, they've been closed since January with no current talks of opening. I don't see WDW being fully operational without a vaccine or at least an effective treatment. I don't think WDW will open anytime soon

Looking at Shangai Disney, they've been closed since January with no current talks of opening. I don't see WDW being fully operational without a vaccine or at least an effective treatment. I don't think WDW will open anytime soon
I know Shanghi had at one point opened parts of their downtown district and hotel idk to what extent
Anyway I’m still cautiously optimistic for an Aug opening for domestic albeit Im also expecting this w/ limited hours with no shows/parades/character meets/events until Jan/Feb (unless a new wave pops up next flu season and we get to do this all again)

I know Shanghi had at one point opened parts of their downtown district and hotel idk to what extent
Anyway I’m still cautiously optimistic for an Aug opening for domestic albeit Im also expecting this w/ limited hours with no shows/parades/character meets/events until Jan/Feb (unless a new wave pops up next flu season and we get to do this all again)

I hope you are right because I have friends that can't work right now because the tourist area of Orlando is shutdown

I doubt they will discount tickets... But the reality, a soft opening is only beneficial to locals. One, they can come and go when they want, not to mention they are still paying their AP premiums. Being cooped up in the house for several weeks to months, that will be the first place they will go to get out of the house. For the rest of us, there are too many variables that say it doesn't make sense to go IMO. One, prices probably wont drop, so does it pay to go, spend the BIG Disney number that it costs all to go, to get there and have the stuff closed and limited? Also, depending on where your coming from, the reality early June and probably July there is still the risk of COVID, so again, are you prepared to take your family thru your local airport and Orlando's airport? And if they decide to cut back on the amount of people in restaurants and stuff or attractions, how do they decide who's reservation gets canceled or moved? There are so many variables and yes I think seeing Disney re-open will give people a glimmer of hope, but the reality, it really wont effect most people. It will be perfect for the local to go for the day, get their Disney fix in, possibly with less crowds and get out of the house after all this!

On side note, which needs its own post, it will be interesting to see how they work DVC and all the points that were canceled. There are so many variables that need to come into play and rumors are, they may just say, o well, your points are gone. We will see.... I have a trip booked and scheduled for the first week of June, lets hope these next several months start to take a positive turn.

A friend who works for Disney corporate says they are preparing to be closed until November 2020.
Well, I hope you've told your friend that you've shared Disney's internal information. If they're okay with that, either they're lying or you are... corporate employees should be and likely are well aware that they're supposed to be tight-lipped, especially so in times like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter