"Run and gun" DSLR setting with the family/kids while on the move...

MolonLabe

DTOM
What do you primarily use? Av?

I enjoy shooting in M when I can, but I'm still learning and I'm thinking that while running all over the parks and trying to more enjoy the moment than study setting, just worrying about aperture for my DOF would be good enough.

What do you do?

Tv, I worry more about shutter speed to keep from having blurry pics. It never fails that when I concentrate on aperture, the picture of the day ends up blurry! Just me!!

Tv, I worry more about shutter speed to keep from having blurry pics. It never fails that when I concentrate on aperture, the picture of the day ends up blurry! Just me!!

Lol, excellent point! I'm not used to shooting action shots, lots moving around. :thumbsup2

If you have auto ISO on your camera, that can also be useful....

Keep camera in aperture-priority, with auto ISO on and select your minimum shutter speed. Then you have some control over depth of field without having to worry about your shutter speed dropping too low.

But I've also done shutter-priority and that works too.

I'm a Tv mode shooter as well. I set the shutter speed at what I know I'll need with a given lens to freeze action. If it's not got the exposure I need or I want a different aperture I just have to adjust the ISO accordingly.

If I really don't want to think I will put it on "P" with the option to change what I want at anytime.

If I really don't want to think I will put it on "P" with the option to change what I want at anytime.

Yep, "P" is my mode for most photography. As easy as "Auto" but much more versatile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter