Sad News about Rich Hyams

Lisa, I am so very sorry for your loss. As much as I may have argued with Rich, I truly did consider him to be a friend. :sad:

Am so sorry to read this news. I hope that you will take comfort in realizing how many people found him to be a personal part of their extended DIS family and whether they agreed or disagreed with him took such delight in reading his posts. They were the ones I made a point to read and enjoy. Whenever I use extra points for those bigger rooms like an OKW GV for 5 people at Christmas I will think of him. I can tell you and your daughter know how lucky you were to have him in your lives and will take comfort in remebering the good times you shared. Thank you for not letting him just disappear.

So sorry to hear this bad news!!!! He will be missed! Our prayers our with you and your family!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

I too am totally shocked at the news. I always looked forward to hearing Rich's replies to certain topics. He has been sorely missed the past few months. I can't believe that we will no longer have our #1 OKW Champion here to defend our resort. My sympathies go out to you and your daughter.

My sympthy to you and your family, Lisa. I have noticed he was not around here much the past few months. He was always the number one cheerleader for our beloved OKW. Rich, like you, we LOVE the large accommodations, parking outside the door, and GVs. I pray for the best for his family.

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear of Rich's passing. When we checked into BWV, for the very first trip home last month, all I could wonder about were those 'go on forever halls'!!! I couldn't help but remember all the 'comments' Rich had about them. He was certainly a great help to many of us here on the DVC boards and will be greatly missed. Prayers are being said for you and your daughter.

A man, A legend, A way of life...

He was indeed.

Godspeed, Rich........

I'm very sorry to hear this news. May you and your daughter find strength and peace in your family, friends and faith.

Kelley

I'm still sitting here shaking my head. Can't believe it.

I am so sorry about your loss and for our loss as well. Rich brought that viewpoint that many thought of, but couldn't put into words. His posts were some of the first that I would actually look for and read because I knew that if someone had that much passion about something, that it was worth reading.

Rich, you will be missed by all of us here on the DISboards!

And, to your family....we send our condolences. Hope you get through this moment and that you spend a nice vacation at Old Key West in a 1-BR unit....which, by the way, is much larger in capacity than the other DVC units....making it a much better value per point than any other. Plus, where else can you park right outside your unit! :)

I am so sorry for your loss. The DIS has not been quite the same without Rich's wit and irreverance. I wondered what had happended to him these past few months. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully in time the wonderful memories he created will overshadow the pain of his passing.

Lisa, I'm so very sorry for your loss ... please know that you and your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers for comfort, healing and peace.

I know it's already abundantly obvious ... your Rich will be greatly missed here on the DIS boards.

Wow.

I can only echo the words so many have already expressed. We will all miss him here.

Thank you for letting his DIS family know... and please know that our thoughts are with you and your daughter.

Nancy

Our prayers are with you and the rest of Rich's family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter