Samantha and Wes's Magical Disney Escape 08.09.10 - Last thoughts about our Trip!

I followed you over from my TR and wow! another 8-9-10 bride! One of the things that amazed me so much in retrospect is how the whole team at Disney made me feel like I was the only bride they were working with when meanwhile, other weddings were going on and being planned.

Anyway, I am sure we passed each other at some point! Also, Patricia did our hair right after you guys! Amazing! My hair took Patricia and her assistant 3 hours to do...I have very frizzy hair. But they really were amazing and I never did a trial.

Love the report, congrats on your wedding and I'm sure (like us!) you wish you were still in Disney and could keep re-living the day.

I followed you over from my TR and wow! another 8-9-10 bride! One of the things that amazed me so much in retrospect is how the whole team at Disney made me feel like I was the only bride they were working with when meanwhile, other weddings were going on and being planned.

Anyway, I am sure we passed each other at some point! Also, Patricia did our hair right after you guys! Amazing! My hair took Patricia and her assistant 3 hours to do...I have very frizzy hair. But they really were amazing and I never did a trial.

Love the report, congrats on your wedding and I'm sure (like us!) you wish you were still in Disney and could keep re-living the day.

I know I barely knew that there were other brides that day except that I knew Patricia was doing another Disney Bride after my sister and I. I soo wish I was still at Disney versus at work and about to begin scholl full time while workig full time.

So excited you started your trip report!! It's great to live vicariously through others while passing the last few weeks till my trip!!

Sam - just looking through your pictures and they are lovely. I especially like your pictures in Animal Kingdom.

Love your photos! Were getting married at Yacht Club too, and your photos have got me really excited! Can't wait to see your Randy ones as we have him booked too!:goodvibes

Today we were meeting with Wes' parents to go to Epcot, I had my interview for the Mom's Panel feature, we had dinner at the Rose and Crown booked for all 16 of us and a surprise from the Mom's Panel.

We didn't end up meeting with Wes' parents until about noon as their flight had been delayed and they didn't get in until 3am, but they had park tickets already bought and we were doing dinner there that night so off we headed to Epcot. The 7 of us, Wes' Nana included, rode Soarin' and then the heat had Wes and his mom off to get Nana a EVC to try to save some energy for her. Just as they were coming back with the EVC I had to head back to the Yacht Club to get ready for the interview with Doug from the WDW Mom's Panel.

Wes came back to the YC to drive me over to Franck's where the interview was taking place and then headed back to Epcot. I was planning to take the monorail back to Epcot from the Grand Floridian.

I went into Franck's for my interview, my one and only time in the headquarters of DFTW and I didn't even make it over to peek into the Wedding Pavilion. The interview was a lot of fun and Doug gave me a wedding gift during the interview. It was a wooden from with Cinderella's Castle and Walt Disney World on it.

I headed back to Epcot now wearing the Bride t-shirt I made at the Design a Tee store in DTD.
185.jpg

Here I am with my sister and the shirt I made her as well.

We had dinner at Rose and Crown. Dinner was pretty good but a little hectic, our server seemed a little overwhelmed and we also had the camera crew there following us around aswell. It took forever to get our bills after our guide arrived. The surprise from the Mom's Panel? a dessert party at UK lower! We were waiting and waiting for the bills and when they finally came out there were some items missing. To expedite the process my dad told the server to add any missing items to his bill. She took this to mean put everything on my bill. We departed the restaurant *thinking* everything had been fixed and the server agreed to send the new bill down to my Dad at the dessert party. Off we went to enjoy some spectacular fireworks!
Fireworks.jpg

The next day we found out that all charges for the dinner had been put on my Dad's card even though 2 other parties at the dinner had given their cards to charge thier party's dinners to. It took until Wednesday for us to have everything straightened out and charged to the correct card. That was probably the biggest fiasco of the wedding weekend and very frustrating. After calling the restaurant manager and being told what had happened I had a small bridal meltdown and ended up in tears:headache: But we did end up getting it sorted, no discounts or anything except a halfhearted offer of a free beer for that mess-up.

Been following your TR for awhile, everything looks so lovely! Boo on the restaurant fiasco though, I would expect more from Disney than a free beer. At least that was the only problem!:wizard:

Been following your TR for awhile, everything looks so lovely! Boo on the restaurant fiasco though, I would expect more from Disney than a free beer. At least that was the only problem!:wizard:

One of the only major problems... there was 1 more... we'll get to it.

Today the boys had an early tee time at the Palm Golf Course and the girls had tee at the Garden View Tee Room. We were also being followed by the camera crew so they were filming some filler for the wedding video. The boys got quite wet as they were playing in the rain. We had a lovely tee in the tee room and a laugh as we showed up with camera crew in tow and surprised our server :rotfl:

Nana and I each decided on the cheese plate and the Chef came out to present then, when he saw the camera crew he dropped the plates on our table and left after signing his film waiver. The server came over and asked if the chef had explained our cheeses, we said no that he was camera shy :goodvibes

We had dinner that night at Jiko, also accompanied by our camera crew. The food was so fantastic! It was one of the best meals of our entire trip! Michelle our server was also fantastic, she had to repeat her "Jambo and welcome to Jiko" speech 4 times as they film crew needed to film it over and over for various reasons.:rolleyes1 film is required for one to get a picture

Today my sister and I got up at 6:30am to start straightening her hair before Patricia Lejeune arrived to do our hair and makeup at 8am. I had had a trial with Patricia on Friday so she knew what we were doing with mine and we had discussed Allison's hair as well so they got straight to work.

At 10:30 our camera crew and Randy arrived to start taking pictures and filming us getting ready. Chaos ensued as we had me, my sister, my mom, Patricia, her assistant, Randy, sound, videography and Holly the producer of the video in our room. They decided to mike me for the wedding video so they wrapped my thigh with a tensor bandage and attached a mike pack to it. As I was walking down the boardwalk from the back exit of the Yacht Club to the Wedding Gazebo I mentioned to my Dad that the mike was slipping and the sound lady comes running back to us to adjust the mike. I had a split second thought of, "now how did she know?" when I remembered it was a mike, they were listening to my every word.

My sister and I made our very carefull way to the gazebo as we were both in very high heels. Amy told us that if we got stuck to stop and wave and she would get us free. Luckily neither of us got stuck!

As I was walking up the aisle, my mom called out "ears up!" and everyone put on their ears! :rotfl: I started laughing and so did my dad.

The ceremony was beautiful with the additions Ron and I had made to the ceremony including the wine box (Thanks for the idea Boardwalk Bride!)

At the cake cutting I realized that the family friends who had come down from Texas to be there were not at the ceremony, none of my family was sure what had happened to them and as Wes and I headed off to take pictures around the Boardwalk with Randy, my family was going to contact them to be sure that they would be at dinner as I had reserved them a table in the main dining room at Victoria and Albert's

We had a lot of fun taking pictures with Randy around the Boardwalk. We went around past the Beach Club and onto the beach to take some pictures in the sand and then around past the IG to the Boardwalk. By the time we got to the Screen Door General Store we all needed some water so we headed into the store. While we were enjoying some cool water and air conditioning it started to rain. It only rained for a few minutes and then we went back out and caught the Friendship Boat back to the Yacht Club. It was fun riding the Friendship Boat in my wedding dress.

We headed back to our room after that to relax for a bit before getting ready to get back into our wedding gear for dinner.

Everything sounds fantastic so far! I love your mom saying ears up how cute is that :lovestruc

I just got through reading the start to your TR, I don't know how I missed it! That is so awesome you ended up getting a DP! Sorry to hear about the craziness at dinner though. I'm glad you liked the addition of the winebox! We loved in our ceremony, and loved the way Ron did everything.

I can't wait to hear more and see some pics :goodvibes

I will get pictures added as soon as I can I still haven't seen my Randy pics and I should have my Disney DVD shortly, the next week or so but I will be continuing as soon as I get home from work more than likely.

Sorry I haven't updated but I have some exciting news... My pics are up on Randy's Facebook page!!!

sorry ladies, I have not abandoned my pj I just have been working a lot and I started school full time this week as well so I am working full time and going to school 5 days a week :surfweb: :scared1: I am a scared person stuck on a computer but I pormise to finish the wedding day and get more food reviews in this weekend.:rolleyes1

I am a very bad disbride! I still have no pictures as Randy only sent his last week and DIsney somehow did not have my unit number so they mailed us the pictures but they were returned to sender due to the lack of unit number :scared1: They are going to resend them as soon as they get them back are are giving us 2 free 8/10 prints due to the mix up. :headache: I am also now working full time and going to university full time so I have not even opened the box that has our personalized menus in it to finish my report of our wedding day. :rolleyes1

We really want to send some Blurb books to our parents and grandparents so we are very anxious to get our photos. Hopefully we get the pictures soon and we can make the books. I promise I will get some more trip report out by this coming weekend.:eek: (hopefully)

We got re-dressed and got our car to head to Victoria and Albert's. As they offer free valet parking to all dinners we decided to drive to the restaurant. We pulled up out front and the valet opened my door to have me start to spill out of the car in my dress. We headed into the lobby and up to the second floor to the restaurant. We were still a little early and looking around for our families when we found them in Misner's Lounge behind the band. All of our family and the few other guests in the lounge applauded as we walked in. We asked the family friends who were in the lounge with our family where they were for the wedding. They told us that when they arrived at the hotel they were told that our rehearsal would be at 3pm that day but the wedding wasn't until the next day at noon. They went back to their hotel and read the info sheet I had made and figured out that, yes, the wedding was today. This was the one BIG screw-up that happened at our wedding. The funny thing is that the Disney photography pictures from around the hotel show a sign for the Henry Middelton Wedding Reahearsal in Cape May Cafe at 3:30

We found our camera crew (yep they were still with us) and headed over to check in to dinner. We were asked to wait while a couple who were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary gor checked in and then we went in to dinner.

We were seated at the Chef's Table and our family friends were in the main dinning room with DH's brother's friend. We got ourselves situated and were introduced to Chef Amy who would be our Chef for the evening as Chef Scott Hummel was away that night.

We had a champagne toast and then were brought out the amuse bouche.

Soft Poached Quail Egg with Galilee Caviar, Popcorn Crusted Gulf Shrimp, Smoked Salmon Panna Cotta with Salmon Caviar, Crispy Buffalo Mozzarrella.

The first course was Caviar Tin of Jumbo Lump Crab with DeSietra Caviar and Petit Herbs paired with merry edwards sauvignon blanc.

The second course was Cold "Smoked" Niman Ranch Lamb with Fuji Apple and Curry Dressing with an amazing riesling.
SecondCourse1.jpg

SecondCourse2.jpg

The third course was a Sake-Soy Marinated Alaskan King Salmon with Bok Choi and Soy Beans this was paired with Bride of the Fox, not my favourite wine, but an amazing course.

The fourth course was Poulet-Rouge with Mushroom-Truffle Ragout, Yellow Chantrel and English Peas served with pinot noir.

The fifth course was Colorado Buffalo Tenderloin with Braised Red Cabbage Tart, served with a zinfandel.

The sixth course was Australian "Kobe" Beef Tenderloin with Oxtail Jus

The seventh course was my favourite it was a strawberry sorbet served in a glass slipper!
GlassSlipper.jpg

I had called and asked a few months before the wedding and they never said they could or that they would do it but there it was! This was the third time I cried that day, the first was our first looks, the second was my father's speach.

Then there was a tropical summer friut pave and a chocolate course and finally the meal came to a close about 4 hours after we sat down.

My sister and I were recently featured on the Be Our Guest WDW podcast talking about my wedding, our recent trips and other special experiences we had at Disney during our trip down for my wedding. If anyone is interested it is called A Disney Wedding and 3 Weeks at WDW. :banana:

We had a lot of fun taping the episode with Mike though we were both pretty sick so neither of us has our normal voices.

In other news we FINALLY got our Randy pics in the mail but are still waiting for the Disney pictures to be resent after they forgot our unit number on the mailing and they were sent back to Florida :scared1:

Your dinner at V&A's looks so good! That is so cool that you were featured on a podcast...do you have the link to it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter