Sarah & Joshua's PJ~WP/Napa~6/25/2009~Updated 6/23~We're at Disney!!!

WVTinkGrl

Mouseketeer
My mom told me a week ago that if me and my DF waited until May of '09 she would pay for a Disney Wedding. :worship: I hugged her for about 4 days straight.

I have looked on the disney wishbook, but i still have loads of qestions. I am most concerned the reception, the location, the food, just a whole bunch of stuf. If someone could help that would be awesome.

I'll post more questions later.

Sarah J

Since no one has posted any replies i though i would put a picture of the dress i picked out. Unfortunately, i can't figure out how to copy the darn thing from the seller's site.

here's the link ht tp://www .davincibridal.co m/pop_up.php?style=8220&action=a dd (without the spaces)

the dress comes in red too and they used that color in the picture to show off all the beading deatil. just try to imagine it in white :cloud9:

It always fun to read all the plans because everyones are a little different. Have fun... its just the beginning

welcome welcome welcome!

to post pics, i think you need 10 posts...then you load the pic into photobucket or another photo hosting site and post it here!

ask us as many questions as you want...the wishbook is kind of confusing and not always right and gives you severly limited options...we're here to help!

my dress is davinci as well! i think i know which one you're talking about, it is beautiful! i love my dress, i ordered it off ebay for 1/2 price as well, which makes it even better!

happy planning, can't wait to read about your plans! your mom is super sweet for footing the disney bill! congratulations!!!

Welcome to the boards! Can't wait to hear all of your planning!

Hi,
I am having a DFTW VR on June 29th, 2009! Glad to see someone else planning for 2009! You have a great mom!!! I wouldn't stop hugging her.;) I can't wait to hear about your plans. Are you having a Wishes or Escape wedding? I would read through these boards because you get a ton more info than on the official Disney weddings site. What specific questions do you have?

welcome! Get your post count up to show us pictures :D That's really nice of your mom to offer to pay for your Disney wedding, you lucky girl! :yay:

I'm gonna have a Wishes wedding. I have been lurking for a while on other people's pj, and I decided last night that I should have one myself.

One question I do have though is about the different food you can have at the reception. I am a very picky eater and I don't really like the fancy stuff. Any suggestions?

I am a very picky eater too! I had started a thread to get ideas of what others had on their menus. Here's a link:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1677589

I have also been looking over the menus here:
http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/ftw/wdw/menus.html

I have heard that you can ask for whatever you want and you just might get lucky and they say they can provide it. I do know it does depend on what venue your reception is at as to how flexible the menu can be.

I am a very picky eater too! I had started a thread to get ideas of what others had on their menus.

I have heard that you can ask for whatever you want and you just might get lucky and they say they can provide it. I do know it does depend on what venue your reception is at as to how flexible the menu can be.

Thanks! I'll read thru those when I have time.

I had seen on other pj that they put up how they met their df, so here is mine

Josh and I met at church camp. We had both gone for several years, but I had never really noticed him. He had noticed me, though, and looked for me every year, but he had never really talked to me. :sad1: Finally, one year, he asked me to the banquet, and I said yes. :woohoo: I feel silly because I had to ask his name after I said yes. It was totally embarrassing! We went to banquet and had a great time. He was my best banquet date ever. I sat with him during chapel that evening, and I was really nervous. When he asked my out I thought he was just being nice to me, and if that was the case I didn't want to bug him. Boy was I wrong! There was only one day of camp left and I didn't know if I would see him again, but we were meant to be. The next week was another week of camp for younger kids, and we were both going to be dishwashers together. I was so excited. We spent the next week together just hanging out, and by the end of that week he had asked me out.:cloud9:

Engagement story to come soon...

OK, another question. My DF wants to use the Vintage Model A Ford for the wedding ceremony, and since this is the only thing he said he specifically wants, I am going to use it. I was wondering how much we would use it though. Where will it pick me up and Where will it drop us off? Will we still be able to use it after the reception?

So I have been working on who to invite to the wedding and problems are creeping up already. Along with our immediate familiy, we are inviting aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, and families of cousins who are married. I just found out the other day that some of my mom's cousins want to come as well. This would be really awesome if my grandmother's(mom's mom) family wasn't the way they are. If I don't invite all of them someone is going to be offended, and I don't want that. I also don't want there to be about a bazillion people to come. I know most of them probably wouldn't be able to come, but I just don't want my "maybe" numbers up that high.

I'm gonna talk to my mom tomorrow and see what happens.

OMG! This sounds like my EXACT problem!! I completely understand your pain hun. Talk to your mom. I had to make DF talk to his mom about all these "need to invite" people on his side of the family. I finally set the rule that if I don't know their name or what they look like then they are not invited. Period. I put it to DF and FML like this: We will invite those that you would be willing to take out to a $100 a plate dinner. Your second-cousin-of-your-3rd-aunt-removed doesn't fall into that category? Didn't think so...not invited. LoL

OMG! This sounds like my EXACT problem!! I completely understand your pain hun. Talk to your mom. I had to make DF talk to his mom about all these "need to invite" people on his side of the family. I finally set the rule that if I don't know their name or what they look like then they are not invited. Period. I put it to DF and FML like this: We will invite those that you would be willing to take out to a $100 a plate dinner. Your second-cousin-of-your-3rd-aunt-removed doesn't fall into that category? Didn't think so...not invited. LoL

I feel so much better knowing I am not the only one with this problem!

Hey Sarah :)

Unfortunately, wedding guest lists are almost always a sore spot. You know, I wish someone would air a wedding ettiquette program for brides and grooms AS WELL AS guests. I can't stand it when as soon as someone knows that I'm engaged, that they say stuff like "I'm waiting for the invitation!" So rude and assuming :scared1: --how do you know I'm not just doing something very intimate with just our immediate families?? I have NEVER said that to someone, not even to a close friend or relative, because I don't know what their budget is, what their situation is, maybe they want to elope, maybe they only want their parents there, maybe their just doing a civil ceremony with no wedding festivities, etc.

You just have to stick to your guns with your guest list and figure out what your priorities are. If it's important to you to have your whole family there (these extended relatives you're talking about), then just cut back elsewhere on some things, like decor or choose less expensive food options. If what's most important to you is having certain lavish touches that must be there, then you're gonna have to be brutal with the guest list.

Or maybe if there are extended relatives that you have to invite, you could just invite one particular generation. That's what my DF and I are doing in many cases. Because otherwise, it would become so and so and their kids, and their grandkids, and then it's like, 'well, where does it end?' We would easily be at twice our guest count! I'm also doing that for many friends of the family as well as my extended family--many aunts and uncles will get invites, but not their kids/my cousins, unless they are young children or babies who can't stay home alone when their parents go out of town. Fortunately, the majority of them are much older so this is seldom the case. But if their kids are in their 20s or 30s, I'm not inviting them, unless they are extremely close to us, as in we hang out a lot, we spend a lot of time together. If it's a cousin I'm not close to at all and that I see every 6 years or so, I'm not inviting them. Sounds brutal, but with a guest count of 300, I have to be because it's important to me to get what WE want for our wedding too.

If anyone says anything, you can simply, in a nice manner say that you had to stick to a certain number for the hall you chose and you're already over that number (it's not like it's really a lie! ;) )

Be aware that it's common to make enemies through your wedding by leaving certain people off the list. You just have to be alright with that and tell yourself that if someone can't understand your budget concerns or your wishes for an intimate affair, they're just being petty and selfish.

So good luck, and keep us posted!

CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!!:flower3:
THESE WILL BECOME YOUR BEST FRIEND DURING YOUR PLANNING I PROMISE! EVERYONE ON HERE IS SO GREAT AND HELPFUL! YOU FIND OUT MORE ON HERE THAN ANYWHERE!
I DRIVE MY FIANCE UP A WALL CAUSE ALL I DO IS TALK ABOUT THIS ONES WEDDING AND THAT ONE, AND ALWAYS LOOKING AT EVERYONES BEAUTIFUL PICTS! YOU WILL GET LOTS OF IDEAS AND HELP ANY QUESTIONS JUST POST IT!!:yay:
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE GUEST LIST ISSUE :sad2: I THINK WE HAVE ALL GONE THROUGH THIS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, WE USED THE "DO WE SEND THEM CHRISTMAS CARD EVERY YEAR IF NOT THEY ARE OUT" WE KEPT OURS AT 50 ATTENDING WE INVITED 80 BUT ON THE ASSUMPTION OF THEY WON'T COME MUCH TO OUR SURPRISE AT ONE POINT WE WERE UP TO 60 COMING THEN THE LIST WENT DOWN TO 50 THANK GOD!!!!
BEST OF LUCK IN ALL YOUR PLANNING YOU GOT PLENTY OF TIME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter