Saratoga Springs - Best building to request for 1-Bedroom Villa room?

CableKC

DIS Veteran
I'm looking to book a 1-Bedroom Villa at Saratoga Springs. I've heard that it's one of the biggest and most spread out resorts at Disneyworld. I'm concerned that it will take a long time to take the internal shuttle bus to get back to the front lobby and then take the Resort shuttle to the parks.

As I understand it; there are 1-Bedroom Villa at the Paddock, The Carousel, and The Grandstand areas of the resort.

Is there a particular area of Saratoga Springs resort that I should request the 1-Bedroom Villa that is considered the best to try to stay at?

Does anyone know which areas does the Shuttle bus stops first at?

The bus stops at the Grandstand first.

You won't have to catch two busses though - the park busses go through the entire resort.

Do you know if you booked a standard or preferred room? That corresponds to different areas of the resort.

FWIW Saratoga is one of our home resorts (other one is GFV) and we prefer SSR! The vibe is a bit more laid back IMO and we tend to request Congress Park so we can walk to disney springs!

We stayed at Congress Park in a 2BR with the room as close as possible to DS. It was a simple walk to the boat dock which gave us access to OKW, POFQ, POR and the dock to SSR and the SSR Treehouses.

I'm not sure, but even a walk to DS bus transportation might be quicker to some parks depending on the internal loops number of stops. We never tried the internal bus loop though.

Internal bus loop takes 8 minutes. If you stay at Grandstand you'll be on for the full 8 minutes going to the park and off first when returning. The other stops you are splitting the time. If it's a busy day that can be a few minutes longer. Something I noticed though is busses go through Saratoga very often compared to other resorts, I've experienced many empty or half empty bus rides.

IMO all the areas are great except Carousel which is the furthest building from everything.

Paddock has its own feature pool.
Grandstand has a pool and close to boats.
Springs is the main building.
Congress is close to DS.

Been there a bunch of times the overall feel is very country club but laid back. it's a nice slow vibe away from the lights, and busy parks.

Internal bus loop takes 8 minutes. If you stay at Grandstand you'll be on for the full 8 minutes going to the park and off first when returning. The other stops you are splitting the time. If it's a busy day that can be a few minutes longer. Something I noticed though is busses go through Saratoga very often compared to other resorts, I've experienced many empty or half empty bus rides.

IMO all the areas are great except Carousel which is the furthest building from everything.

Paddock has its own feature pool.
Grandstand has a pool and close to boats.
Springs is the main building.
Congress is close to DS.

Been there a bunch of times the overall feel is very country club but laid back. it's a nice slow vibe away from the lights, and busy parks.
Carousel is the quietest section (no pools) so we like it there and don't mind walking to the Carriage House or even DS.

I'm looking to book a 1-Bedroom Villa at Saratoga Springs. I've heard that it's one of the biggest and most spread out resorts at Disneyworld. I'm concerned that it will take a long time to take the internal shuttle bus to get back to the front lobby and then take the Resort shuttle to the parks.
There are 5 bus stops throughout Saratoga Springs and theme park buses stop at all of them. Unless there's some specific reason for you to go to the main lobby, every building is only a 2-3 minute walk from a bus stop.

I'm not sure, but even a walk to DS bus transportation might be quicker to some parks depending on the internal loops number of stops. We never tried the internal bus loop though.
Whoa. We always stay in preferred and even then the walk to DS takes longer than the bus loop through the resort. And when you get to DS if you wanted to walk to the bus stop there is another >5 minute walk. And when you get there, you still have the same circumstances on busses that you have at the resort. You could have ECV's that need to be loaded/unloaded that could take time as well, etc. We always use the SSR busses to get everywhere except the water parks. Very timely.

We like the Grandstand and Congress Park first. Grandstand 1st pickup and Congress close to Disney Springs

We are Paddock fans. We were just there and DW had a scooter due to a knee replacement and we didn't have any issues. We tend to not request Grandstand because a) we usually drive, and b) while the two buildings closer to the Springs are good, the two that are further away are our least favorite.

We loved our Carousel 1 bedroom (Room 7203 - views from our room below). Literally across the street from the Carousel bus stop and a 2-3 minute walk to the Paddock Pool. Walked many times to the Carriage House and Disney Springs from our location. When I got our room text and saw we were in the Carousel location, I was so bummed. From comments on here and elsewhere, I thought we were practially on the dark side of the moon. We would happily stay here again - heck, we would even request it! No matter what, I'm sure you will love SSR - we sure do!

Attachments

• IMG_1857.jpeg
    IMG_1857.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1858.jpeg
    IMG_1858.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 10
Every SSR building with rooms is structured the same with the same number of rooms and same breakdown for room sizes. They all have the same number of 1BRs in the same locations in the building. The distinction between preferred and standard buildings is simply location. Preferred is two areas, Congress Park and Springs. Congress Park has buildings near the lakeshore and near the walkover bridge that goes from SSR to Disney Springs (DS), a quiet pool, and a walkway along the lake providing impressive views of the lake and DS. The Springs is the area with the original themed pool (High Rock Spring), the Carriage House and other main buildings, with a front desk, store, spa, and Artiste Palette, a counter service restaurant, and easy walk to the Turf Club Bar and Grill, the table service restaurant.

Before 2017, all the buildings had the same nightly point structure and there was no distinction between preferred and standard. DVC adopted the new structure starting in 2017, with higher point cost preferred having Springs and Congress Park, and the other three areas, Grandstand, Carousel, and Paddock, being standard. That division resulted from the fact that Springs and Congress Park were historically requested by members for room location more than the other areas before 2017. Paddock also has a themed pool (added in 2011), a walking bridge over an internal lake to the Springs area, and also a couple buildings that, like Congress Park, have fairly easy access to the bridge that goes to Springs.

Grandstand has buildings along the golf course, is the closest standard area to the main buildings in Springs, and has the bus advantage as the first pick-up (and drop off) area for buses going to (and coming from) the parks. Carousel is the second bus stop and Carousel is the area furthest from both the main buildings in Springs and the bridge to DS but is a nice, scenic area. Paddock is the third bus stop, followed by Congress Park and Springs. There can sometimes be a risk of full buses or standing room only in the morning rush hours, but that risk is generally limited to Springs, and more rarely Congress Park.

Saratoga Springs is, as you mention, a spread out resort, but it is a very nice area with a golf course connected to it for any golfers in the group, and taking walks through it can be quite impressive with lakes, many grassy areas, trees, and bushes which always appear to be perfectly trimmed.

From the original post which mentions only the standard areas, I am assuming you want a standard view 1BR. Personal view is that Paddock, in a building near the themed pool would be the area to request, but as mentioned many prefer Grandstand, particularly for the buses and closeness to the main buildings in Springs.

Last edited:
Grandstand has buildings along the golf course, is the closest standard area to the main buildings in Springs, and has the bus advantage as the first pick-up (and drop off) area for buses going to (and coming from) the parks.ssy areas, trees, and bushes which always appear to be perfectly trimmed.
From the original post which mentions only the standard areas, I am assuming you want a standard view 1BR. Personal view is that Paddock, in a building near the themed pool would be the area to request, but as mentioned many prefer Grandstand, particularly for the buses and closeness to the main buildings in Springs.
Just a point of clarification. Two of the buildings in Grandstand are the closest Standard area to the main building, whereas the other two are quite a bit further away. We got stuck in one of the outer ones one time and it was a IMHO longer walk than the Paddock buildings near the bridge over the lake, so you may want to put in a request for those two specific buildings if you want Grandstand.

We loved our Carousel 1 bedroom (Room 7203 - views from our room below). Literally across the street from the Carousel bus stop and a 2-3 minute walk to the Paddock Pool. Walked many times to the Carriage House and Disney Springs from our location. When I got our room text and saw we were in the Carousel location, I was so bummed. From comments on here and elsewhere, I thought we were practially on the dark side of the moon. We would happily stay here again - heck, we would even request it! No matter what, I'm sure you will love SSR - we sure do!
This was us exactly in March for our first stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter