Saratoga Springs...DVC only?

catwub

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me info about this new resort AND do you have to be a DVC member to stay here? If so, why would it let me book it off the Dsiney site? Last, where is this resort located and anyone that has stayed there...what is your honest opinion?

Thank you
Catwub :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I stayed at Saratoga for one night last December. We were scheduled to stay there eight nights, but after the first night we transferred to the Boardwalk. We did not like the location (Downtown Disney), and the only available room was smoking which was a large part of our decision to change. However, from the small amount of the resort that I saw, I thought the pool and spa looked really nice. I think you have to really like the theme or it can seem a little stuffy.

At all Disney vacation Club resorts, Saratoga Springs included a certain percentage of the units are set aside to rent by Disney. The resort is located across the lake from Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island. It is located on the location of what was the Disney Institute.

We have stayed there twice and it is one of our favorite resorts. You can get more info about the resort on the DVC forums.

It is a beautiful resort -- bright colours, lovely paths for walking and a great view of Downtown Disney if you manage to get a room in the Congress Park area. (we got to watch the PI fireworks each night from our balcony, but could only hear a faint popping from inside the room with the windows closed.)

The main pool is great for children and adults alike and DD5 enjoyed swimming in the quiet pool near our villa in Congress Park

Hi Royal Canadian,

What time are the PI fireworks? DW and I will be staying at SSR for the first time at the end of the month.

PinotFan said:
Hi Royal Canadian,

What time are the PI fireworks? DW and I will be staying at SSR for the first time at the end of the month.

Not RC, but the fireworks are at midnight every night. We are normally in the Congress Park Quiet Pool at midnight and get to see them.

THey are very short, but cute and add a little atmosphere to a midnight swim or stroll.

If you are in CP earlier in the evening, look to the right, over the tree line and you can see the Epcot fireworks at 9pm.

They go off at midnight. But, as mentioned above--don't have any grand expectations for these. They usually less than 60 seconds ( execpt on major holidays like NYE ).

Be forewarned that while you can stay at a DVC resort as a non-member, you may lose control and find yourself buying into DVC shortly thereafter! :rotfl:

Plan accordingly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter