Saratoga Springs question

DizGirl20

DIS Veteran
Forgive me, I know this has been asked before. Where is the best place to stay at SSR if you want to be able to walk to DTD? Thanks!

congress park

We stayed in Congress Park this summer and it usually took me about 10 minutes or so to walk to DTD. I took the bus once and the boat once; the actual travel time was quicker but the waiting time exceeded the time it took to walk there.

IMO the answer actually depends on who you're going with. For groups with adults/teenagers, I'd probably agree.
If you have preschoolers like our family, the Grandstand offers a nearby pool and splash area themed for little ones, and the first access on the bus is a plus.
We have yet to see the new Paddock pool area, but I think it would definitely make the Paddock area a choice for families with elementary aged kids.
Congress Park has the best views, but isn't very conveniently situated to the themed pools and carriage House. This might make the Springs section a good choice for those with more difficulty in walking.
Only area without an obvious advantage to me is the Carousel -- but I bet someone will be able to tell me one!

IMO the answer actually depends on who you're going with. For groups with adults/teenagers, I'd probably agree.
If you have preschoolers like our family, the Grandstand offers a nearby pool and splash area themed for little ones, and the first access on the bus is a plus.
We have yet to see the new Paddock pool area, but I think it would definitely make the Paddock area a choice for families with elementary aged kids.
Congress Park has the best views, but isn't very conveniently situated to the themed pools and carriage House. This might make the Springs section a good choice for those with more difficulty in walking.
Only area without an obvious advantage to me is the Carousel -- but I bet someone will be able to tell me one!

Those are all great if you are looking at the advantages/disadvantages of each building, but OP was asking about the best place to request if they wanted to walk to DTD and that would be Congress Park.

Congress Park and to guild the lily even more, we request a DTD view which is wonderful during the day but stupendous at night!

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter