SB: Help! MK pictures!

iamleia2

Earning My Ears
Ok, next week we're having a Disney meet here in Boise and I of course want to bring my scrapbook... but I want the first page to be all the gorgeous pictures we have of Cinderella's castle and the Walt/Mickey statue. We also have some of the fireworks over the castle. How can I ever do it justice?! Does anyone have ANY ideas? Help! Thanks!

One album started out with a picture of the family (all 13 of us) with a saying "We take on the Mouse" using the Mickey font, and then the date at the bottom of the page.

My second disney trip that I scrapped, I used a 12x12 CM album, had a wonderful picture of the castle and bought the blue mickey icon paper. Used the paper as a mat for the picture (and made the picture 5x7). Then I used bold blue CM letters (which matched the paper and the sky) and just spelled out Walt Disney World. Finally, I just used streamer stickers to finish decorating the page. The simplicity was great!

Now I'm working on my b-day trip from April/May 2001. A friend gave me a great card with Mickey on it. I plan on using that with a picture of my family at the beach club.

I always seem to leave the 1st page for a while until I can come up with something that really works for me. I hope that you can find something that works for you. I'm sure the DISers will love your scrapbook.

mbs

In my WDW album I have one page devoted to just the castle....its very simple. I think there are 3 pics on it, one cut out in silhouette and two others that are matted in a blue that coordinates with the castle. I titled it using my fanciest, most delicate writing (in gold pen) and journaled the same way...about our feelings as we first see the castle when we get to WDW, etc....

If I were to do a page of the "Partners" statue I'd probably try to use other images of Walt and Mickey together too.....like the postcard of the drawing where Mickey's drawing Walt...perhaps images of the autographs of both (or Mickey's could be one you got at WDW) etc... and perhaps some of Walt's quotes regarding Mickey and WDW, like the "It was all started by a mouse" one. Wow....I'll have to actually do this someday!

A beginning page would be tough! For those (and endings) I tend to stick with a single photo...maybe just the castle or the statue. Personally I'd save the fireworks for the end of the album (depending on how its organized).

Hopefully I've at least helped to spur some new ideas! Good luck!

On our first family trip to WDW, I was fortunate enough to get what I call a "postcard perfect" shot of the Partners statue with the castle behind it (blue sky and white puffy clouds, too). I blew it up to 5x7 and mounted it on sky blue cardstock on a beautiful cloud paper (not sure who makes it) -- I was really happy with the way it turned out.

OK. I have two completed DW trip albums and one I am working on right now.

The beginning page of each looks like this:

I used black paper to make a giant Mickey Ears shape. Just used two different size bowls, drew it off on one side and turned it over and so the other side showed. Then I cut the picture of my family in front of the castle round to fit inside "Mickeys head". I cut two smaller pictures - one with my kids and Mickey and one the whole family at the entrance to Mickey's toontown fair into round shapes and put in "Mickeys ears". Labeled around this with letters and stickers and such.

For another album: I used a light blue sheet of paper and drew free hand a castle. Just any-ole castle shape with towers and flags. I was free to messup as much as necessary until I got it right, because just like Mickey above, I turned it over and used the clean size. This castle went from the bottom of the page all the way to almost the top (just the tallest tower and flag). Around it I place pictures of my family in front of Cindy's castle and on main street.

Album 3: I had purchased the photo of my family made on main street by WDW CMs. It comes in a very cute paper "frame" with all kinds cute Mickeys on it. In the photo, they use computer graphics to make it look like Mickey, Pluto, Tinkerbell and lots of others are trying to horn in on your picture. I used that photo along with all of the "frame" that would fit. It covered about 3/4s of the page. At the top, using alternating color letters to match the frame I put a title. I had a sticker of Mickey carrying a suitcase and I cut out a picture of Mickey using a telephone (it was on a card in our room at Dixie Landings explaining how to use the phone). Next to the phone Mickey, I wrote: "Hello Orlando? Get everything ready, the Howells are coming!"

Oh! I love Disney. I love scrap booking. Scrap booking a Disney trip is absolutely heaven!!!

Last month www.twopeasinabucket.com featured Disney layouts. Sorry if you missed it. They have changed to a sports theme for this month.

Go to their "peanut gallery" and search for Disney or castle or magic. Maybe you'll find something there that will spark an idea for you. They have a lot of Disney layouts to choose from. I really like the Tinkerbell paper piecing, maybe that would work? Seems that would be a good choice with the castle or maybe Cinderella? Good luck and have fun at your meet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter