Sci-Fi Dine In...Yay or Nay?

The food is mediocre and the "show" will repeat at least once if you have a whole meal. We go just for shakes. It's a nice break, the ice cream is good, and it's not repetitive.

Over the years this has become one of our favorite places. Every time I say "we'll skip Sci-Fi this time" and we always end up there. From a little age our two kids have loved being "by themselves" in the front of the car while my wife and I enjoy the the quiet, dark and cool serenity as a welcomed respite from the heat and park chaos. I like a late lunch here as I feel recharged like I just took a nap! The food is fine in our opinions, but that isn't why you go. Dang, I think I just talked myself into keeping our June ADR!

Yay! One of our favorites, too! BUT, we alternate between 50s and Sci Fi. Both are highly themed, uniquely Disney and a lot of fun with excellent diner quality food. Since you are already going to 50's, I suggest Hollywood Brown Derby instead of Sci Fi. You will not make everyone happy with any of your choices, but the variety of 50s and HBD will satisfy more than 50s and Sci Fi.

We like it for what it is - burgers and hand spun shakes in a fun atmosphere in the air conditioning. We usually enjoy it as a great lunch break while in DH instead of doing QS. We are a family of 6 - pre pandemic, finding seats at QS was a total pain -- not so much on our pandemic trip. Since all our kids are "adults" it isn't really substantially more expensive than getting food at one of the quick service places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter