Sci fi

Lana D

Earning My Ears
I have made a PS for lunch at Sci Fi in MGM, but am thinking of cancelling. It sounds kind of unique with the drive-in theme and all, but I keep reading in tourbooks, that the food is not good, and is very over-priced. I need some help deciding what to do. We are going on Oct 21st.:confused:

Stick to burgers, fries & shakes and you will be fine. We all enjoyed it and are going back in Dec.

Lori

We tried it on our last trip and had a great experience. We had lunch and went with the burgers and fries. The shakes were fabulous and we had so much fun that we made a PS for our upcoming trip. I have read the bad reviews as well, but I think a lot of them are concerning dinner or other menu items. Go for it!::MinnieMo

I think everyone should try this at least once! I love the attmoshere and the food is okay. If you are a little scared of ordering a meal, just get dessert and enjoy the fun! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We eat lunch here everytime we go. We stick with the burgers, fires, onion rings, and shakes. ALso we liked the Black Forest Ham Sandwich. It was really good if you don't want a burger.

Our party of 6 had a great time there. We mostly stuck to burgers, which were very good, but my mom and sister had chili that they said was tasty, so that might be an option as well. I had a chocolate shake but personally thought it tasted just like a McDonalds shake. Fine, but I was hoping for a *real* shake:tongue:

By my photo below, you can tell we're Sci-fi fans. Stick to burgers and/or dessert, and you'll be fine. If fact, my wife and I share a burger and each get a shake. The atmosphere is just great. I love old cheesy sci-fi movies, and this place is perfect.

We never miss it.

We were also skeptical based on the negative reviews, but went in early September and loved it. We ordered apps, shakes, and one dessert. Onion rings, spinach artichoke dip (slightly stale tortilla chips), chili, and shakes were all passable. The apple crisp dessert was okay. We'll definitely return on a future trip though, because it was nostalgic, fun, and novel!

We have gone several times for lunch and enjoyed it. It's fine for lunch if you follow everyone's advice. It IS overpriced so if you start ordering appetizers, salads, etc. it adds up real fast.

I think the Unofficial Guide must have had a very bad experience there -- they really trash it in their reviews. Maybe they went for dinner and ordered something ambitious -- probably not a good idea.

One note: on our last trip we asked to substitute for the french fries. Our waitress suggested green beans -- so we did. They were really good! And no additional charge!

I am so glad a friend told us to go here. Best Burger EVER. My mouth just waters thinking of it.

We ate there recently and the food was pretty good. Cant say enough good things about our server. We were pleasantly surprised because we had read some of the reviews. Go think you will enjoy it.

Be adventurous, that's what I've decided!!

I have also wanted to try it for the atmosphere and think my 3 year old would enjoy the theme so we are eating lunch there in December. I have warned my son and fiance that no one orders anything but burgers and fries!!

DH and I love Sci-Fi!!!! The burgers are too die for - and my mouth is watering thinking about the onion rings!!!

Go for lunch - it's great!

I'm going to try a milkshake this trip - thanks to all the recommendations!

It was really cool. I went there with my fiance' last October and would definately do it again. They have great burgers and fries. I have the chicken sandwich and think it was excellent. The atmosphere is really cool and worth the extra money.

We are going to try Sci Fi in Dec. It was my son's request so I made a lunch PS. I have two questions---do they have malts as well as milkshakes and should I have requested a "car" in my PS? Thanks for replies.

Melissa:wave:

The lunch is great. Dinner not so great. We now only go for lunch and get burgers. They are pretty good!

This is the only restaurant where the food made us feel ill after we ate. The whole time we were in there, we were dying to leave. Not good. :mad:

I was very disappointed with the Sci Fi on my last trip. Thought the food was just so-so.

I'd recommend the 50's Primetime. The food is great and so is the service.

are there tables as well as cars? do you need to specify? I think we may just try this place for lunch.....

what about high chairs? DD is almost 2 and soemtimes wants one and sometimes wants a booster chair. How is that handled with a car?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter