Sci fi

I didn't care for it at all. The chili wasn't bad, but my burger wasn't prepared as requested and was generally pretty gross. The shake was OK, but they do not compare favorably to the ones from 50's PT. DW had a chicken sandwich that she enjoyed, though, so maybe I'm just being too picky. It's definitely worth going once for the atmosphere, but I think I'll take a pass on our next trip...

Matt :earsboy:

We really enjoy Sci Fi - in fact, I book it for every trip now. I usually get the popcorn chowder, ham sandwich with fries, my DH gets a burger and sometimes chili. We tried shakes last time too - a strawberry and cookies and cream. Yummy!!

Plus, this is the only restaurant where my DD doesn't talk - she is too busy watching the movies. It's great!

I think I read somewhere that you can sit at regular tables too. The cars look like so much fun! Adds to the atmosphere. We will be trying this for the first time too for lunch. As you can see, stick to the burgers, fries and I've read they have one of the best shakes!

I ate at the Sci-Fi on my solo trip last month. The burger was good and not much more expensive than counter service. Great place to eat solo--everybody is just watching the movies!

We did an early dinner there about three weeks ago. It was our first time and we were pleasently surprised. My wife had the catfish sandwich (which she liked) and I had the ribs. I think if you view it as more of a "fun" experience than fine dining, you'll really like it. Be sure you get the souvenir glow in the dark cup with glowing ice cube.... ...steve c

We have liked this restaurant in the past but had a LOUSY experience this summer (were seated an HOUR after our 4:30pm PS and had very slow service!). Won't go again on a bet.

TOok

I have liked it twice before but this summer we went there for dinner and it was gross. I had the chicken sandwich and it made me totally sick for the rest of the night. If you want to try it, stick with onion rings and a shake. The atmosphere is fun though.

We went for lunch on our last trip. I had the reuben which was just so-so. I can't remember now what the kids had but they ate it without complaint. The kids had a blast and definately want to go back again. They loved watching all the old sci fi clips and sitting in the car. That alone makes for something different and a chance to get out of the sun for a while.

Funny enough the food here leaves a lot to be desired BUT it is the only restaurant we eat lunch at MGM because it is so much fun. Think not as good as jonny rockets type food. I would go for lunch and stick with the burgers, onion rings and shakes or sodas with glowing ice cubes and you should be fine.

I think there is a pic of us on our honeymoon in my siggie.

Note - someone asked about tables - I would say about 99% of the place are car tables. There was a select few cars with an actual table in it (probably for handicap users), then IF my memory serves me right about 2-5 small tables along the back wall with like umbrellas- maybe no umbrellas (like a drive in table type). All the other tables were cars with rows. The first time we ate there when we checked in for our PS I said we would like a car table and was told IF you have a PS you are guarenteed a car the tables were for walk ins if they couldn't get them into a car or they requested specifically a table. (This was in 1/02 so the policy might have changed since then.)

ETD to add in a picture - in the back you can see the tables behind us and next to us are the tables IN the cars - from our 1/02 trip

47b2cf02b3127cce9278313330de0000001610

The food is just so-so at Sci-Fi, but the atmosphere more than makes up for it! I can't wait to go back!

We always eat there and always enjoy it. Actually all the food at Disney is not that great and overpriced, so why sweat it?

Burgers. Fries. Shakes. Maybe rings, if you're so inclined. Not froglegs a la mode. Not veal kidneys in a pomegranate reduction sauce. Burgers. Fries. Shakes.

The hokey movie trailers are great and the simple food tastes just fine, especially if you view it primarily as an attraction. :D

We just ate there two weeks ago and thought it was great. Had a salad, cheeseburger with bacon and onions, onion rings and a shake. My DD loved the glow in the dark child's drink. We might not do it every trip but really did enjoy it.

I think everyone should go here at least once just for the atmosphere. DS though it was cool but we didn't like the food here at all! DM had onions rings, DH and I had burgers and DS had a hotdog.
If you do decide to go, be sure to order a milkshake. I had a cookies and cream milkshake it was the BEST thing I have ever tasted in my life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter