Scott & Vicki's Art Deco Wedding and Disneymoon May 29, 2011 *Wedding Day Report!

I've been thinking about adding a meal at Le Cellier per DH's request - now I'm second guessing his request! :rotfl2:

That's so disappointing about Le Cellier! Unfortunately I've been hearing that alot lately! We are going to keep our ressie there and check it out, I'm hoping for a better experience!
Looks like a great view from La Hacienda! We made a ressie for Rose & Crown during Illuminations and I'm hoping we get a great view as well!!

Definitely see for your self girlie! And R&C is an excellent choice I heard they have an outstanding view :thumbsup2

I've been thinking about adding a meal at Le Cellier per DH's request - now I'm second guessing his request! :rotfl2:

Definitely try it out and see what you think. Check out my dining review when I post in the next couple of days, I might have just ordered the wrong entree I am sure there are other things on the menu that are great :thumbsup2

I've been hearing really mixed things about Le Cellier too! So sorry you didn't get a good meal there.

But that view from La Hacienda looks amazing! What a lovely spot for fireworks!

Gah! I am so sorry to hear that you didn't like the food at Le Cellier! I really can't wait to read your dining review now... I wanna know what you got!

However, it looks like you saved the night with going to La Hacienda at least! That looks like a great place for fireworks... we're planning on doing the same thing at Rose and Crown. :)

Can't wait to read more!

I've been hearing really mixed things about Le Cellier too! So sorry you didn't get a good meal there.

But that view from La Hacienda looks amazing! What a lovely spot for fireworks!

Gah! I am so sorry to hear that you didn't like the food at Le Cellier! I really can't wait to read your dining review now... I wanna know what you got!

However, it looks like you saved the night with going to La Hacienda at least! That looks like a great place for fireworks... we're planning on doing the same thing at Rose and Crown. :)

Can't wait to read more!

Thank goodness we ended the night positively bc I was super bummed out. I might have to put a disclaimer on the review otherwise Le Cellier lovers might get mad at me:rotfl: you will get an awesome view at R&C!

Really enjoying your TR, POFQ looks wonderful, and your wedding theming was incredible, love the movie posters! can't wait to read more :)

Really enjoying your TR, POFQ looks wonderful, and your wedding theming was incredible, love the movie posters! can't wait to read more

Thanks!!!

Day 3 Part 1

Hello again my lovely people, so sorry I have been away for so long, here we go again! (Sorry pics are so small today)

This morning was easier to get myself up for being so tired and all because we were going to our favorite park Hollywood Studios!!! We woke up and headed over to the concierge desk to cancel our last day ressie because we wanted to go back to EPCOT on the final day to visit all of the stuff we didn't get to see the day previously. We cancelled our 50s Prime Time Cafe and made a Coral Reef ressie, yay! After we switched ressies we got some snacks at the resort food court and then headed out. Before we knew it we had arrived!

SAM_0413.jpg

SAM_0414.jpg

We made sure to hit up a couple of photopass photographers!

First up, we headed to breakfast at Starring Rolls!

SAM_0416.jpg

This place was soooo yummy everyone should try it if they can.

After we had are danishes we headed over to grab fast passes at Toy Story Mania because this place is notorious for having 100 plus min wait times.

SAM_0420.jpg

After we grabbed our fastpasses we headed over to ride one of our favorites The Great Movie ride. I know some people find this boring, but we get a real kick out of it, hence our movie themed wedding, haha!

SAM_0421.jpg

We can't wait go to California one day as see the real thing!

After we rode the Great Movie Ride we headed over to ride the Muppets in 3D, but on the way Scott couldn't help but try on a Indiana Jones hat

SAM_0422.jpg

We got to muppets and the wait was only 5 min. woohoo!

SAM_0425.jpg

SAM_0427.jpg

Love the Miss Piggy fountain she is so cute!

We enjoyed our time with our muppet friends, did I mention I am totally excited about their new movie!, and walk over to the streets of America

SAM_0433.jpg

Then it was time for our first ressie of the day, Sci Fi Diner, and this place is amazing, the food was good, but the experience is what makes it awesome. You get to sit in cars and watch old movies while you dine!

SAM_0434.jpg

SAM_0440.jpg

SAM_0441.jpg

SAM_0448.jpg

After our amazing lunch we headed over to do the studio backlot tour, which I love you get to see actually memorabilia from movie sets. We went while Lights, Motors, Action was going on so we got to see the cars in the stunt show go behind the scenes something the audience doesn't see. After the tour it was getting super hot and Indiana Jones started in 10 min and we hadn't seen the show and this was a staple of one of things we wanted to do this trip so we booked it. We were hot...We were sweaty...but...WE MADE IT! We got there on time and we walked right on in. The place was packed so we knew we would get nose bleed seats, but we didn't care we love Hollywood! As soon as we walked in we got an instant congratulations because of Just Married buttons, did I mention how much I love those little things, and we were directed right, but the Cast Member stopped us and said, "Is it just the two of you?" and we said yes and she said "Follow Me" next thing you know she walks us down the stairs all the way to the front row of theater! It was roped off and said reserved and everything there were only a couple of other people down there, MAJOR PIXIE DUST!!!! We were so excited! The show began right away it was just as great as it was on the episode of Full House goes to Disneyworld, haha!

SAM_0460.jpg

SAM_0465.jpg

SAM_0468.jpg

SAM_0469.jpg

Our stellar view!

SAM_0472.jpg

SAM_0499.jpg

Up next, the second half of the day!!!

Day 3 Part 2

After the show we were getting super tired and I was really hot and getting cranky

SAM_0501-1.jpg

but Scott gave me a pep talk and we trekked on! We headed over to Rockin Rollercoaster to get FP, but they were all gone...we hoped that maybe after Fantasmic the line might be short enough to tolerate so we decided to come back later. In the mean time we got fastpasses for Tower of Terror and headed over to use our Toy Story Mania fast passes!

SAM_0502-1.jpg

The ride was amazing!!! It was then time for our dinner ressie at one of our favs The Brown Derby!

SAM_0503-1.jpg

SAM_0504-1.jpg

maybe you guys can help us out with whose signature this is we couldn't figure it out, Ryan Phillipe maybe?

SAM_0505.jpg

SAM_0508-1.jpg

I love this place!

After dinner we headed over to the animation store to check out some of the photo art and I had to snap a shot of this for the Fab 5 ladies

SAM_0525-1.jpg

We headed out to see if we could get seated for American Idol the experience, but the line was too long and we didn't get in. This is my reaction to it haha!

SAM_0526-1.jpg

We then headed back over to Rockin Rollercoaster again and the line was 100 plus min! We were really scared that we wouldn't be able to ride it so I got an idea to put our buttons to the test! I heard that sometimes CM's let you on a ride an extra time if they know your celebrating so I decided to test our luck. We walked over and asked the CM for a "map" which happened to be right next to the sold out fastpass stand. She walked over and let me tell you we were staring into this girl's soul so hard to help us out, haha! She handed us the map and I took it and then noticed, that two fastpasses were under it for Rockin! My plan worked! I grabbed it subtlely and we walked away slowly, and as we did Scott looked back and she gave us a little wink. Ahh I love Disney!

SAM_0528-1.jpg

After we grabbed our fastpass...cough, cough...I mean map, we walked over to line up for Fantasmic. We had priority seating so we went to the special line. It was still a bit early yet so we headed into the Once Upon a Time Store to do a little shopping, it was then that this cute little CM named Christian came up to us and congratulated us and asked us if we wanted to see a magic trick. We said sure and I am glad we did this kid was amazing and we loved the trick he showed us. After we left the shop we headed over through the special entrance for Fantasmic and went down to the front to find some seats.

SAM_0561-1.jpg

Once we sat the bugs were insane, we broke out the bug repellent and that did the trick. While we were sitting we met this nice family, also from Illinois, and they were super cool. We had a nice conversation with them and then it was time for the show!

SAM_0562-1.jpg

SAM_0563-1.jpg

I love this show!

After the show we used our fastpasses to ride Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror and then we headed out.

SAM_0574-1.jpg

Once we got back to our room we got special pixie dust left for us by Mickey and Minnie!

SAM_0578-1.jpg

Ah what an awesome day! Up next, Magic Kingdom!

Vicki, it sounds like you two had an AMAZING DAY!!!! You had so much pixie dust--- front row seats for Indy AND two surprise RnR fastpasses?!! I don't think it gets any better than that. I'm really excited to read your dining review too--- I love Sci Fi (a lot of people hate the food, but we like it!) and I am SO excited to try the Brown Derby for the first time on our honeymoon.

Also... just wanted to say I TOTALLY understand about the hot/grumpiness. I get the same way, but then I have to go back to my hotel room for my nap like a four year old. :rotfl:

Can't wait for the MK!

Yeah, what a fun day!!!! So much pixie dust!!!

You should totally come to Hollywood and see the Chinese Theater, although I have to warn you it looks EXACTLY like your picture, haha. I would love to go to WDW and eat at the Brown Derby since the original is close and is now a Chase bank. :sad2:

I am loving your honeymoon TR but when oh when do we get to see more wedding photos!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Woohoo! Lord knows we all love us some Pixie Dust! That's awesome though!

I'm so upset we never made it to our Sci Fi ressie! It was too late and we had to be back to catch our bus to the airport. Wah. I was super bummed and they couldn't squeeze us in any earlier. We tried so hard! But it's definitely on our list for next time! =]

That Fab5 trolley is.. well..fabulous! ;D All I request is that I can be Goofy! haha.

Looks like you guys had so much fun. I miss it so much. =[ =[

Yay the fab 5 trolley!!! hehe! And yes, Jen is totally goofy.

Sounds like you guys had a great time that day! Yay for the pixie dust! I love brown derby too! I can't wait to go back! And yes, that signature is Regis.

We went last year around the time that you did this year, and it was sooooo hot, so I totally know what you are saying.

P.S. I love the great movie ride as well. Alot of people don't, but I happen to enjoy it very much :)

P.S. I love the great movie ride as well. Alot of people don't, but I happen to enjoy it very much :)

Day 3 Part 1

After we grabbed our fastpasses we headed over to ride one of our favorites The Great Movie ride. I know some people find this boring, but we get a real kick out of it, hence our movie themed wedding, haha!

SAM_0421.jpg

We can't wait go to California one day as see the real thing!

I love the Great Movie Ride too (probably because I work there:rolleyes1) You'd be surprised at how many people are shocked that it's an actual ride instead of a movie!

I love the Fab 5 trolley!! Jen can definitely be Goofy ;) I don't know who I would be!

And your day in Hollywood Studios looked like it was so much fun. It seems like you really got a lot done. Too bad about the American Idol show - we spent a day in HS this past week and didn't get a chance to actually see the show, but I did audition for it! Haha, it was a fun experience.

Vicki, it sounds like you two had an AMAZING DAY!!!! You had so much pixie dust--- front row seats for Indy AND two surprise RnR fastpasses?!! I don't think it gets any better than that. I'm really excited to read your dining review too--- I love Sci Fi (a lot of people hate the food, but we like it!) and I am SO excited to try the Brown Derby for the first time on our honeymoon.

Also... just wanted to say I TOTALLY understand about the hot/grumpiness. I get the same way, but then I have to go back to my hotel room for my nap like a four year old. :rotfl:

Can't wait for the MK!

I really wish I would've taken a nap, I felt sorry for my poor husband, lol! Next time I know better.

The celebrity signature is Regis Philbin from Regis and Kelly :)

Ah ok, I see it now :rotfl:

Yeah, what a fun day!!!! So much pixie dust!!!

You should totally come to Hollywood and see the Chinese Theater, although I have to warn you it looks EXACTLY like your picture, haha. I would love to go to WDW and eat at the Brown Derby since the original is close and is now a Chase bank. :sad2:

I am loving your honeymoon TR but when oh when do we get to see more wedding photos!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

I know I have to get the wedding photos up :laughing: We got them back, but I already started my TR so once I finish it up I was going to start my Wedding TR and just post the photos them. I guess I could sneak a couple in now :goodvibes

Woohoo! Lord knows we all love us some Pixie Dust! That's awesome though!

I'm so upset we never made it to our Sci Fi ressie! It was too late and we had to be back to catch our bus to the airport. Wah. I was super bummed and they couldn't squeeze us in any earlier. We tried so hard! But it's definitely on our list for next time! =]

That Fab5 trolley is.. well..fabulous! ;D All I request is that I can be Goofy! haha.

Looks like you guys had so much fun. I miss it so much. =[ =[

Yay the fab 5 trolley!!! hehe! And yes, Jen is totally goofy.

Sounds like you guys had a great time that day! Yay for the pixie dust! I love brown derby too! I can't wait to go back! And yes, that signature is Regis.

We went last year around the time that you did this year, and it was sooooo hot, so I totally know what you are saying.

FAB FIVE!!!!! :goodvibes

Loving your TR!! SOO much pixie dust!!! Sounds like an amazing time!!

I love the Great Movie Ride too (probably because I work there:rolleyes1) You'd be surprised at how many people are shocked that it's an actual ride instead of a movie!

I love the Fab 5 trolley!! Jen can definitely be Goofy ;) I don't know who I would be!

And your day in Hollywood Studios looked like it was so much fun. It seems like you really got a lot done. Too bad about the American Idol show - we spent a day in HS this past week and didn't get a chance to actually see the show, but I did audition for it! Haha, it was a fun experience.

The great movie ride is amazing I love it so and I will never stop loving it, haha! I had to rock the trolley for you girls, if Jen is goofy them I am Minnie!

Ok so lovely Mindjoy reminded me that I never posted any of our wedding pics. Since I started my trip TR I didn't want to stop it and do the wedding TR and start the honeymoon one back up, so I will finish up the honeymoon, I only have a couple of more days and then do the wedding TR, but for now here are a couple of pictures to tide you over.

MS0528-1.jpg

MS0155-1.jpg

MS0204-1.jpg

MS0159-1.jpg

MS0161.jpg

MS0248-1.jpg

MS0271-1.jpg

MS0277-1.jpg

MS0505-3.jpg

MS0524.jpg

MS0534.jpg

MS0977.jpg

MS0978.jpg

That's all for now :cutie: I will finish up the honeymoon TR as soon as I can so I can post more wedding photos!

Day 4!!!

We woke up pretty early today because we had a ressie at Kona Cafe! I grabbed my ears and we were ready to go!

SAM_0580.jpg

We hopped the bus to MK and then hopped on the monorail to Kona, we were getting pretty used to the commute haha!

SAM_0581.jpg

SAM_0582.jpg

Kona is really nice and they have some awesome food, I just wasnt a fan of the fact that the restaurant was exposed to the rest of the hotel. We had a great breakfast and then we were on our way to MK

We snapped a shot of GF on the monorail

SAM_0592.jpg

We arrived to MK and headed straight for the castle to take some classic shots

SAM_0592.jpg

After the pictures we headed over to tomorrowland, which is our favorite part of MK! We grabbed some Fast Passes for Space Mountain

SAM_0598.jpg

Once we grabbed the Fast Passes we headed over to Scott's Favorite ride the Carousel of Progress. He really does get a kick out of this I don't know why, haha

SAM_0599.jpg

After the Carousel we went on the Peoplemover which was quite cool it goes into Space Mountain and then we headed to the Laugh Floor, which I really love. This is so much fun the jokes that the monsters tell are tailored to the people in the audience it's really pretty cool. We headed over to Fantasyland after Tomorrowland and grabbed some Fast Passes to Peter Pan. Once we were in Fantasyland we saw the infamous "wall" that hides the construction of the expansion. We had to take some pics in front of it.

SAM_0600.jpg

SAM_0601.jpg

SAM_0603.jpg
It's Beast's Castle ekkk!!!

SAM_0606.jpg
What it will look like. Prince Eric's castle will be there as well, and a mine train, and another rollercoaster I do believe.

SAM_0608.jpg
Me with Beast, haha

SAM_0609.jpg

Here's what's going to be inside Beast's Castle the "Be Our Guest Restaurant"

After we walked through Fantasyland we headed over to Mickey's Philharmagic

SAM_0611.jpg

SAM_0613.jpg

We love this show it's so much fun and in my opinion one of the best rides in the "world"

We grabbed some Dolewhips and then grabbed some Fast Passes for Big Thunder Mountain. While we waited we went to see the Hall of Presidents. We were very excited for this because we hadn't seen this before because last time we were there they were putting Obama in so it was closed.

SAM_0614.jpg

The show was really good and Morgan Freeman narrates it.

Up next part 2!

Day 4 part 2

After the Hall of Presidents we headed over to ride the Haunted Mansion ride. We hadn't been there since the rehab where they added a bunch of stuff to the queue.
SAM_0615.jpg

SAM_0616.jpg

SAM_0617.jpg

They added some really fun stuff to the queue the wall where you can play the instruments on the wall by touching them

SAM_0618.jpg

SAM_0619.jpg

you can play piano and water spurts at you

SAM_0620.jpg

This book writes in itself

SAM_0621.jpg

once we got on the ride it got stuck, which let me say isn't very cool considering its dark and things are breathing on you and they are telling you that they are going to get you, haha

After the ride we headed over to ride pirates, which has been changed yet again with new stuff, but I liked it. The effects were really good and they split up the lines so you board quicker. The ride was fine except for these parents that dragged their underage child on board. The poor thing was scared silly, I wish parents wouldn't do that sometime, this kid was way too young to ride this ride, it was far too scary.

SAM_0624.jpg

After pirates it was about time for our Narcoossees ressie. I was super excited for this. We hadn't been to GF before. We hopped on the monorail and it was a quick trip.

SAM_0628.jpg

It's such a pretty resort

SAM_0629.jpg

We walked through and hopped outside to walk over to Narcoossee's which is like a separate part of the resort. On the way we walked over to the beach to see the wedding pavilion.

SAM_0630.jpg

SAM_0631.jpg

SAM_0633.jpg

SAM_0635.jpg

We walked over to Narcoossee's

SAM_0637.jpg

SAM_0638.jpg

SAM_0639.jpg

It's a really nice restaurant. When we were seated we got some pixie dust!

SAM_0641.jpg

SAM_0642.jpg

Personal menus, confetti, and Mickey straws!

SAM_0640.jpg

SAM_0643.jpg

SAM_0654.jpg

After dinner, which was amazing, we are definitely coming here many times in the future, we headed back to MK for the last part of the day.

Here's picture of Narcoossee's from the water side.
SAM_0657.jpg

Up next, The Dessert Party!

Day 4 Part 3

After we arrived back to MK, we didn't have a lot of time before the dessert party so we just kind of hung out and walked around for a bit. Then it was time to line up at the Tomorrowland Noodle Stand

SAM_0658.jpg

This, by far my friends, was the highlight of our trip. If we can do this again we will it was so much fun and we had amazing seats for wishes.

SAM_0660.jpg

this is our table, right next to the rails! All the tables are assigned so no one can steal your seat.

Here's some random pictures. I will be doing a food review on this part later.

SAM_0662.jpg

They had about 5 or 6 different kinds of drinks lemonades, milk, coffee, tea

SAM_0663.jpg

SAM_0666.jpg

SAM_0667.jpg

SAM_0676.jpg

My first plate :)

SAM_0671.jpg

SAM_0674.jpg

SAM_0675.jpg

This was amazing everyone. It was so intimate, there were only about 25-30 people there and there was so much good food.

After we ate the electrical parade started. Shortly after wishes was about to begin and we thought we would be able to sit at the table and watch, but then this happened

SAM_0681.jpg

so we had to stand and watch haha.

They had a little mini show where they post photopass pictures that they take throughout the day on the castle first which was pretty cool

SAM_0685.jpg

Then Wishes!

SAM_0701.jpg

SAM_0703.jpg

SAM_0707.jpg

Tinkerbell flew right over us and waved, you can't get much closer than we were, haha.

After the show we sat for a little bit for the park to clear before we left. We did a little shopping and then headed to the gate. We were about to leave when the 2nd showing of the electrical parade cut us off!

SAM_0709.jpg

We were like, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" but then a CM told us we could cut through after the train so we got by, haha! We headed out and headed back to the resort.

Up next, AK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter