Sea World Tours

On a different website, I saw that Sea World did small one-hour tous for around $10 each where you can touch a penguin and go behind the scenes at Wild Arctic.

Does anyone have any information on this because i am very interested in these tours.

Thanks in advance

Dopey's Friend

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I did go on that penguin tour of which you speak. It's basically just a small group that meets by Wild Arctic of 10-15. You then go back behind Wild Arctic to see what goes on back there. After that they take you on a small tram back around the park. When I went they took you down through Kraken to the penguin area, so that was pretty cool. You proceed to meet the penguin. It is fun and I'd say worth the $10. The back area of Wild Arctic is neat to see. You get a discount if you have an annual pass, I believe it is then $5.

There are 3 tours (we did all of them on our last trip): Polar Tour (penguins and polar bears), Predators (Terrors of Deep and whales) and Rescue tour (manatees, seals, etc..) They are approx. 1 hour in length. You meet in small groups, the tour directors are quite knowledgeable and they also allow you to take tons of pictures. These tours cost $7.95 and if you book all three tours in one day, you get them for $6.95 each. The tours fill up, and so you are best to book them as soon as you enter the park at the tour desk.
We greatly enjoyed the tours. If you want more info check on the Sea World website.

Tiger:jester:

I've been on all the tours and I definitely think they're worth the money. Polar is my favorite, followed by Rescue and Terrors.

When you go behind the scenes at wild arctic,
how much behind the scenes do you go.

Sorry if this does not make sence!!!

Dopey's Friend

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

You get to see a lot of the backstage area in Wild Arctic. You also see the huge filtration tanks, offices, food preparation areas, and Pepsi machines. :) You also get to touch a penguin (which feels like silk).

You do not get to swim with a polar bear. Sorry. :)

As Barry said, you get to go behind to special areas of Wild Arctic where there is a baby polar bear and penguins. For the polar bear, there is a small viewing area, but you are right up against the glass (very thick glass!) and get to see the bear's toys, food, etc... With the penguins, you go to a similar area (must take a short shuttle drive) where they have some of the warmer weather penguins (these are smaller varieties of penguins and relatively tame with their trainer) and you get to touch one, learn about feeding, and take lots of pictures. There is no glass present in the penguin area while you are touching them, just a small wooden gate so you can get great pictures while in here. Both areas are only accessible while on the tour, so have fun and enjoy!

Tiger:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter