Seafood Market in HHI?

Jerseygirl63

Mouseketeer
Ok Hilton Headers-where do you go to get fresh local seafood to bring back to prepare. I'm looking for jumbo shrimp, blue crab meat and fish fillets. This will be our first time in a one bedroom with full kitchen so we want to take advantage of the good Carolina fresh seafood. Thanks!

Barnacle Bill's, Captain's Seafood and sometimes even at Publix (they have a good, freshly made crab cake mix there you can take home a cook up). HTH!

I think when Captain's Seafood moved to the Coligny area, they eliminated the seafood market and is now a restaurant only. :sad2: Too bad, they were great and used to be soooo convenient to the resort!

We also have had the best luck recently with Barnacle Bills and Publix. Hudson's Seafood Docks (up on Squire Pope Road, near Hudson's restaurant) is also supposed to be good. One time we went down to the South Beach Marina in Sea Pines in late afternoon and bought shrimp right off the boats!

:woohoo:

I think when Captain's Seafood moved to the Coligny area, they eliminated the seafood market and is now a restaurant only. :sad2: Too bad, they were great and used to be soooo convenient to the resort!

We also have had the best luck recently with Barnacle Bills and Publix. Hudson's Seafood Docks (up on Squire Pope Road, near Hudson's restaurant) is also supposed to be good. One time we went down to the South Beach Marina in Sea Pines in late afternoon and bought shrimp right off the boats!

:woohoo:
You know, I was just thinking the same thing about Captain's Seafood. When we were there last, at Thanksgiving, I don't remember seeing a seafood market at their new location. Actually, I was concerned about their future at all-the whole time we were there (around 5:30 on a Saturday nite), there were no other diners in the resturaunt. We only had that one other time-Chef Gordon's! I hope other people report it's alive and well. How's the Seafood at Piggly-Wiggly?

Where is the Publix? I don't recall seeing one. There have a good bakery dept. We always shop at the Piggly Wiggly for convenience and our kids thinks it's a scream that a grocery store is called "Piggly Wiggly":rotfl2:

How's the Seafood at Piggly-Wiggly?

I don't know. Sorry to say I've never been much of a Piggly Wiggly fan. :sad2: I do almost all our shopping at Publix and just go to "the Pig" for last-minute items I may have forgotten.

The is one Publix on the north end of the island near the Wal-Mart (you will pass it on the way to the resort unless you take the Cross Island Bridge); the other is near Sea Pines Circle. The Sea Pines Circle is closer to the resort, but is smaller, with a smaller selection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter