Seaworld Parking Question

labst60

DIS Veteran
Is there a big difference (regarding location) for preferred and general parking? For those who have done both, would you highly recommend the preferred?

Also- we will be using our SuperGrover Passports (Sesame Place's version of Platinum- access to all AB parks for 2 years) - anyone have any experience with whether this will get us free parking at Seaworld (this is our first time using it not at Sesame Place - but there we get free preferred parking.)

If it works like any other parks Platinum pass it will give you free General parking.

Depending on what time you arrive, Preferred Parking at Sea world can just be a few spots closer, or a whole lot away. Since you only have to pay to difference in cost for preferred, I would do it as you are gauranteed to be close. Just try to not look where they are parking the general parking guests, in case they are just as close.

George

We used preferred parking last October because I had recently had surgery and couldn't walk too much (had to save it for the park:) ). We arrived at opening and were parked right next to the entrance. Despite it being early, they were putting non-preferred much further away. You do a ton of walking in the park so I thought the preferred was great. Especially wonderful when you leave the park and don't have to walk far or catch a tram.

Thank for the information everyone! Before I got your responses, emailed Sesame Place to check the benefits of the pass and they confirmed that I would get free general parking.

It's good to know I can "upgrade" the parking and we will probably park in the preferred lot. For some reason, I can walk around a park nonstop, but when I get to the parking lot, I just want my car to be THERE! :-)

Thanks again!

I have Platinum Passes which get me in all AB parks, with this pass I get free preferred parking at all the parks.If you say your pass is basically a platinum with another name since you got it at Sesame Place, tell the parking attendant at the booth and they should give you the green preferred parking paper that you hang up in the rear-view mirror and the other parking attendants will see it and guide you to the preferred area.As far as how much better those spots are than general parking, they are a bit better especially if you come on a busy day and have to park far away in general parking.The preferred spots are basically the closest spots to the entrance!!

Depends on how busy the park is that day. Plat do get free preferred at all the parks if available (and they do leave space available for those who are willing to pay). This is a courtesy as it's only guaranteed Preferred at your home resort.

You can also use your refillable Sesame Place cups at Seaworld. You may have to remind the staff that Sesame Place is a Busch park and all of the discounts apply. I know that when we were at Sesame Place we had to remind a couple of employees that our Busch Gardens Williamsburg Plat passes got us all the benefits.

Another benefit is preferred seating at the Shamu show. I can't remember, but I think that you have to get a reservation in the park that morning to have this seating guaranteed. (it's either San Diego or Orlando that does it by reservation only - can't remember which).

at SWO, you don't need to reserve a preferred spot at Believe, Blue Horizons, or Pets Ahoy with a platinum pass. but the seating is limited, so it's first come. the preferred parking at SWO is as good as it gets.

I have Platinum Passes which get me in all AB parks, with this pass I get free preferred parking at all the parks.

I have the Platinum pass also (from SW-Orlando), but I don't think it technically gives you preferred parking at all the parks. (My pass specifically states free general parking at all the parks). They do give me preferred parking at SW-Orlando, BG-Tampa, and BG-Williamsburg. But they only gave me free general parking at SW-San Antonio. (At SW-San Diego the parking lot was empty when we got there, so I don't know if I would have gotten preferred or not.)

I think you're right,I don't think it's guaranteed that you'll get preferred parking outside your home park,I also got mine at Sea World Orlando and always do get preferred at BGT and the couple of times I've visited BGW, but I don't think it's guaranteed!

I think you're right,I don't think it's guaranteed that you'll get preferred parking outside your home park,I also got mine at Sea World Orlando and always do get preferred at BGT and the couple of times I've visited BGW, but I don't think it's guaranteed!
How much is the preferred parking when you are just a regular paying person?

How much is the preferred parking when you are just a regular paying person?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think regular parking is $11, and preferred is about $5 more, so that would make it about $16 give or take.

Preferred Parking is $15. If you have a non-platinum pass the upgrade charge for Preferred parking is $7.00. We just went yesterday at 10am and they were parking standard parking in the back lots which is a tram ride or a nice walk to the gates. We did the upgrade and we were happy that we did.

George

sorry for the hijack OP, but does anyone know where handicapped parking is in relation to all of this? Will we have to pay preferred rates to be close, even with a handicapped placard? Thanks :)

Handicapped spaces are the closest and there is no additional fee for these spots. If you have a pass that gets you free parking there is no up charge, or if you are paying for parking you pay the general parking fee.

Handicapped spaces are the closest and there is no additional fee for these spots. If you have a pass that gets you free parking there is no up charge, or if you are paying for parking you pay the general parking fee.

Thanks Janet Hill, that is good to know. :)

Is it possible to go through the parking fee booth (not sure what it's called) and have a family member drop me off at the park and leave - without having to pay the parking fee?

Also, many years ago--the parking attendants used to leave after a certain time before closure--I think it was 6 or 7 pm and parking was then no charge.

Is this still the case? When do the attendants leave?

We went to Seaworld when parking was $7,so it was a few years ago.

I am wondering about the free parking, too. I saw another thread where someone said that SeaWorld did not charge for parking after a certain time.

We are going to Discovery Cove and we are planning on spending a few hours at SeaWorld after we are done at DC. We are going to have someone pick us up from SeaWord, and I don't want for them to have to pay for parking just to pick us up.

They can pick you up at the Taxi/Bus section of the lot I believe. There's no charge for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter