Second Trip of a Lifetime (Day 6) Typhoon Lagoon

joolz1910

<font color=green>I would have gone down to recept
We didn't get to visit this park in 2012 as it was closed for a refurb. I have to say, I loved it. The huge wave machine with the massive 'BOOM!' sound was amazing. I didn't dare go into the main pool but instead stayed at the edges like the wuss I am, gripping Emilia's hand! Kev and Jess waded in and rode the surf lol.

It was all fun and games until I got into the lazy river. I am not a natural in the water and struggled to get myself into the rubber rings. I decided that the best way was to put the rubber ring around my head and then squeeze myself through it, one leg at a time. This was by no means graceful or dignified but worse was to come. The second attempt at this manoeuvre resulted in me flipping over like a turtle, legs flailing in the air as my head hit the bottom and I lost all sense of direction. When I eventually emerged, I was spluttering and choking to the delight/amusement of my family. God bless 'em.

We met Lilo, posed inside a shark's jaws and Jess/Kev snorkeled with tropical fish and sharks.

Absolutely loved this water park!

I had to travel the whole distance of the lazy river with another family who had tried (and failed) not to laugh at my misfortune. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter