Seeking advice for limited options and banking points

cheesepizza

Tony's cheese pizza is underrated
Hey guys - first, this forum rocks. Just purchased my first DVC contract - 160 pts for AKL that came loaded this year w/April UY. I'm still pending with ROFR, but if all goes well, I'll have the membership/points in July or August. 🤞

Obviously, most of the rest of 2021 is booked, and some into 2022. I'm going to attempt to stalk and waitlist for stays in Sept-Dec, but not depending on that to work out. So I'm wondering if the smartest thing is to plan on banking the majority of the points for next year. FWIW, I travel to Disney anywhere from 6-10x a year for work and they will all get used fast (hoping to buy my next contract at BWV next year). Or curious what you guys think will be the earliest month I'll be able to book once I get the points.

TIA for any input!

Eventually, you may want to bank some or all of those April 2021 points, particularly if you are unable to use them for any trip before the end of the use year. Unless you will actually need to bank them to reserve a trip in the April 2022 use year, you will have until Nov 30 to do any such banking, so the decision can wait for a while.

As to earliest booking you can make once you have the points, you will probably see many openings at 7 months out for March or April 2022 if you are in the system by late July. And some times in Feb may be a possible for some resorts, such as SSR, Kidani or OKW, and possibly even some others (particularly if seeking a 1BR), at 6 months out.Before then, the chances will likely be hit or miss and depend on openings occurring due to cancellations. or other reservation changes.

Last edited:
I agree that you have time and inventory does change. If you have flexibility it's very possible that you'll find something before the end of November which is the banking deadline for the April UY.
If you do bank then I'd think you'd be able to still find something from April 22 onward by the time you receive your points and can start aligning the use of them with your work travels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter