Seeking advice on VB-UPDATE: VB out VWL in

Olaf

DIS Cast Member
DH and I are looking into a three-day fall cruise. They have some awesome rates going right now. The plan is to cruise 19-22 Sep, but spend 16-19 Sep at VB. This will be our first DVC visit. The question is what size room to book? I'm leaning torwards an Inn room with an ocean view. We only have one child, son, age 6. Thanks for your input.

Update: Since the pool at VB will down during our visit, I've had to rework our plans. After much thought and advice from several people on this board (thank you), we're going to our home resort of VWL in a Studio--it's only for three days. I gave some thought to OKW, but a couple people e-mailed me and said that I'd probably like the studios better at BWV or VWL, although I much prefer the lower point usage at OKW. Member Services said I could get a BWV preferred view for that time period, but their pool will be out of commission then also. The other selling point for VWL (over OKW) were the jogging trails and the workout room (for DH, not me). DH has a stressful job and this vacation is going to be all about relaxing. Rushing around verboten.

Thanks for all the good info. These boards are terrific!

Hey Olaf! We are actually considering the same cruise! The rates right now are great! We have found three travel agencies offering competitive rates! :)

Well, we love VB and are members there. We have stayed in both the inn room and a studio. We actually prefer the inn rooms. It would be more than enough room for the three of you! We had me, dh, and my mom in one.
The ocean view is beautiful and it is not a far drive to port.

We are going to be at HH the few days before the cruise. :)
If you would like, take a look at my Vb trip report:
http://gennaroworld.topcities.com/vero2001.html

Have fun!:bounce:

we just returned from vero (studio vacation home 14 room 1441) it was a great room with a wonderful view of the pool area and ocean. While we were there we toured an oceanview Inn room. It is bigger than the studio and the view was great, next time we are going to try the Inn room with the oceanview. Vero is by far our favorite resort, very relaxing.

If you can swing the points, I recommend a 1BR. They're great and maybe you can get an ocean view too.

I think with just the three of you an Inn room is going to have plenty of room. I think they're great rooms !!!

Do make sure you get to the DVC meet in the 3 bedroom cottage they host. It's a good way to get some interesting news, a coffee, some danish and a sneaky look round the beach cottages ( they are something ELSE !!!)

Have a great time

The Inn rooms have plenty of space. If your son goes to sleep early, tell them you don't want the two rooms directly over the bar. Those rooms sometimes get noise from the people on the open air porch outside the bar.

Cap

The one nice thing about the studios is there is a couch bed instead of the 2 quuen beds.

Thanks for everyone's input on Vero Beach. I just found out, after reading another thread, that the pool at VB will be closed while we were planning on being there. Not that big of deal for me, but DS & DH would be really bummed out. So, back to the planning board.

Now I'm leaning towards OKW. I want relaxing on this trip. We have a one week trip planned for VWL (our home resort) in May 02.

I guess we'll just do a studio, although, I'd rather be in a 1 bedroom. Point barons we're not.

More input would be greatly appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter